Celtics Media Day 2023

4 posters

Go down

Celtics Media Day 2023 Empty Celtics Media Day 2023

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:08 pm

Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
2 hours ago
Asked Stevens about the Brogdon dialogue in recent weeks. He said Brogdon had every right to be upset with the organization, but they felt fully comfortable bringing him back if Holiday didn't become available. Thanked him for the year he had & says he'll have a great season

Jay King @ByJayKing
2 hours ago
Brad Stevens said Kristaps Porzingis has been in the gym playing and working out every day for the last two weeks. Said he’s “really encouraged” by what he’s seen from Porzingis so far.

Souichi Terada
Souichi Terada @SouichiTerada
1 hour ago
Brad Stevens: "Jrue beat me to the gym this morning." Says he still has to pass his physicals and all that today. "He'll watch practice until he's allowed to practice."

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe
1 hour ago
Jrue Holiday is at the #Celtics practice facility. Not allowed to workout until all the physicals from the trade are completed.

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 1 hour ago
Joe Mazzulla said he hasn’t landed on a starting lineup yet but wants to be open minded. He thinks this roster has flexibility in both the frontcourt and backcourt.

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 1 hour ago
Joe Mazzulla: "Every media day, everybody says the same thing…Everybody feels like they have a chance, blah, blah, blah. But can you maintain that through all the variables throughout the course of the season?"
MY NOTE:  This might be one of the most honest things I've heard a coach say, ever.

about 1 hour ago
Joe Mazzulla said he has reconfigured his new coaching staff to have a tribal leadership dynamic, with assistants working in groups of 3-4 on each side of the ball to establish a more collaborative process.
MY NOTE:  Interesting.  Innovative?

about 1 hour ago
Joe Mazzulla: "Defense is what gets you in the door. Defense is the admission ticket." He forgets to tell the team, cause it's obvious: "Maybe it’s cause I sucked at offense, so I had to play defense. Nobody had to remind me to play defense because I couldn’t do anything else."

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
about 1 hour ago
Joe Mazzulla said he didn’t necessarily emphasize defense enough because the need to guard was always so obvious to him. Said he learned last year that he needs to stress even the things that are obvious to him, because they might not be obvious to everyone.

about 1 hour ago
Horford on Porzingis: "Pretty unbelievable watching him go through workouts. When you see a guy like that, he's really 7-3, maybe even a little taller."

about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown said he's worked out with Jayson Tatum over the summer before, but this was just the first time people noticed it. "Trying to work on our chemistry and be better, for you guys...It's good to show it, cause if you don't post it, it didn't happen."

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown on Jrue Holiday: “He plays with a certain force. He’s just super-solid, man. As a competitor, he’s just an assassin. To play alongside him is just an honor.”

about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown on going to a Colorado game with Derrick White: "D White, he's drunk, 10 AM in the morning...I'm with D White, so I'm like do as the Romans do."

about 1 hour ago
Brown said when he's dialed in, he can be one of the best defenders. "(It's) something I'm looking to do."

Bobby Manning
about 1 hour ago
Brown said you'll hear more of his and Tatum's voices next season. "Sometimes it might be external pressure ... helping some of the newer guys navigate that ... (and) just focusing on the work ... chemistry-building is going to be important, you can't just throw guys out there."

about 42 minutes ago
Derrick White said Sam Cassell talked about him becoming the #Celtics' point guard and prepared him for that role when he visited White in Colorado over the summer.

about 22 minutes ago
Svi Mykhailiuk said Payton Pritchard has impressed him most in his workouts with the #Celtics so far.

Souichi Terada
about 17 minutes ago
Kristaps Porzingis on his foot: "Feeling great. No limitations. Medical staff did a great job of loading up slowly. Now, as I'm getting close to training camp, I'm perfectly fine and ready to go."

about 15 minutes ago
Kristaps Porzingis said he thinks the plantar fasciitis popped up because he changed shoes during the summer. Said he didn't pay attention to it initially, but had to get it addressed it later.

about 13 minutes ago
Porzingis on health: "The injuries I had, the longer recovery ones I had were all contact injuries...I could've played 70+ games last season and I felt great throughout the year...I expect that from myself again this season, hopefully all the games."

4 minutes ago
Kristaps Porzingis said he doesn't mind playing the five and he loves playing both the 4 and 5. "I think it's a tough job for other fives to guard me...Defensively, I'm most effective if I'm around the rim and protecting the rim."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Media Day 2023 Empty Re: Celtics Media Day 2023

Post by gyso Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:28 pm

2023 Media Day: What’s happening around NBA

NBA Media Day has arrived. The Timberwolves and Mavericks completed their Media Day sessions last week before heading to Abu Dhabi, but the rest of the NBA will do so on Oct. 2.

Players and coaches will participate in photoshoots, speak about the upcoming season and get ready for training camp to start on Tuesday.

Live coverage will be available on NBA TV from 1-5 p.m. ET.

Throughout the day, you can find some of the best moments, portraits, interviews and more from NBA Media Day 2023.

https://www.nba.com/news/2023-media-day-whats-happening-around-nba?lid=7mest308bknw

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:45 pm

NBCTV has special on tonight 8:00
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:45 pm

NBCTV has special on tonight 8:00
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:46 pm

about 6 minutes ago
Luke Kornet on no longer being the tallest guy on the team now that Kristaps Porzingis is in town: "It’s always a little staggering for me to see someone who's taller than me."

1 minute ago
Kornet: "I don't really look at my role at looking at minutes for myself..it's all about winning, whatever it takes. The only thing (the Rob trade) changes for me is how I prepare for a game" Says there's a different preparation process based on much he's asked to play going in

Bobby Manning
3 minutes ago
Asked Kornet on seeing Porzingis do the Kornet contest last year: "It's kind of taken on a life of its own...if it works, it works."

Bobby Manning
about 12 minutes ago
Dalano Banton says he can fill in anywhere 1-4 positionally on #Celtics. "I feel like I can make an impact screening...we have a very talented team, people who get the attention of the defense...so a lot of time, it's gonna come down to that...making the right play every time"

Jared Weiss
about 12 minutes ago
Dalano Banton: "Rondo, he was my favorite player growing up...I love facilitating and I love passing the ball."

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
about 19 minutes ago
Payton Pritchard: “As hard as it was, I definitely think I matured a lot last year.” He believes he grew mentally with his role diminished the way it was.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:00 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 6 minutes ago
Payton Pritchard on what he improved this offseason: “Every area. So I’m just looking forward to it and I guess you guys will see when we tip off. Find out then.”

Jay King @ByJayKing
2 minutes ago
Jordan Walsh was asked who he’s leaned on for advice early in his NBA career: “Definitely Al.” Said Horford has helped him with everything from basketball stuff to what type of clothes to wear to certain events.

Jared Weiss
2 minutes ago
Jordan Walsh on Al Horford: "When he was going to college, I wasn’t born yet. And now we’re teammates!"

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
1 minute ago
Celtics rookie Jordan Walsh has a list of movies 37-year-old Al Horford has required him to watch: Friday Boyz n the Hood Godfather I and II “Once you get that,” said Horford, who has taken Walsh under his wing, “then you can come back to me.”
MY NOTE: Walsh has never seen The Godfather?! Is he not American? That is unacceptable. Good job, Al, get and stay on this young'un!

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:18 pm

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
now
Jayson Tatum on Marcus Smart: “That’s someone I thought I might play my entire career with. He was the most beloved Celtic on the team. He was our heart and soul.”

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
1 minute ago
Jayson Tatum on Boston: “ I’ve spent almost seven years here. I bought my first house here, my first car here. My son has grown up his whole life here. … I think, just over time, I’ve more and more felt like I was a part of the city of Boston.”

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
2 minutes ago
Jayson Tatum says he’s gained 12 pounds of muscle and set some personal lifting records this summer.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:25 pm

FYI:  Oshae Brissett showed up at the podium wearing #12.

Oshae said his knee was NEVER the problem with Team Canada at FIFA World Cup, it was his hamstring.  His hamstrings got real tight and so he sat out so he could be ready for training camp.  His knee was, and is, fine.  He said he's now 100% "ready to rock".

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:35 pm

No slight to anyone who enjoys Media Day, so let's not go there. I'm happy for those that enjoy that kind of thing. Strictly my take on it because I find it amusing...

Media: Hi [insert player name]
Player: Hi
Media: What are your thoughts on being here?
Player: [insert city name] has the most knowledgeable fans in the league and one of the greatest traditions in [insert sport].
Media: What are your thoughts on this season?
Player: I firmly believe if we stay focused and healthy there is no reason we can't reach the playoffs in [insert month].
Media: How is your [insert joint or other body part]?
Player: I'm 100%. The training staff here in [insert city] is the best I've ever experienced.
Media: Thanks for your time and have a great season.
Player: It's my pleasure. I can't wait to see all our fans in [insert name of stadium or arena].

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wake me up and remind me to tune in for the game on October 25th.

Unless the Orioles have a playoff game that night.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:59 pm

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down