Local media Celtics coverage

3 posters

Go down

Local media Celtics coverage  Empty Local media Celtics coverage

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:03 am

I grew up in New England, but have lived most of my adult life elsewhere. I am back home visiting after a long absence, and am a bit shocked at how little coverage the Celtics get in Boston Sports media. Both local sports stations use all their air time breathlessly talking about the Patriots and the Red Sox. I get that the "will Belichick return?" story has legs, but it is a bit odd that the currently most successful Boston sports team takes a backseat to two floundering teams. The Bruins are similarly disrespected. Do I have a distorted perspective,  or is this how it is in the Boston Sports ecosystem??

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Local media Celtics coverage  Empty Re: Local media Celtics coverage

Post by bobc33 Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:47 am

This is how it is. I watch the local sports shows most days and the coverage breakdown seems to be:

90% Patriots who stink.
4% Celtics who are in first.
4% Red Sox who stink.
2% Bruins who are in first or close to first.

It doesn’t work for me who enjoys all four sports. I may have the shows on but I’m not really watching.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:54 pm

As sports and other content have moved from traditional media outlets, that space is being filled increasingly by  online sport shows and podcasts.

I grew up in Boston in the 50's and the RedSox were the team that garnered most of the attention.    The Celtics were rarely televised on TV.  

On a side note, it is hard to pick just one of 17 title teams as the best.  I think I will go with the 69 team which was our last one under the Great Bill Russell.  

You can find quite a bit of content about the Celtics if you go into youtube.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down