Kyle Lowry Given The Death Sentence

4 posters

Go down

Kyle Lowry Given The Death Sentence Empty Kyle Lowry Given The Death Sentence

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:55 am

Just saw this on ESPN.  

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39369373/sources-heat-acquire-hornets-terry-rozier-kyle-lowry-pick

The Charlotte Hornets are trading guard Terry Rozier to the Miami Heat for a 2027 first-round pick and Kyle Lowry, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Tuesday.

The first-round pick in the deal is lottery-protected for 2027 and unprotected should it convey to 2028, sources told Wojnarowski.

Rozier, 29, is averaging a career-best 23.2 points per game this season, along with 6.6 assists (also a career high) and 3.9 rebounds. He is in his fifth season with the Hornets after beginning his career with the Boston Celtics.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Ultimate NBA trade deadline: Eastern Conference preview
2hBobby Marks
Lowry, 37, is averaging 8.2 points per game, 4.0 assists and 3.5 rebounds. The six-time All-Star is in his third season with the Heat.

The Hornets have no immediate plans to work on a buyout with Lowry and are expected to see whether they can work another trade for him before the Feb. 8 deadline, sources told Wojnarowski.

The Heat (24-19) are currently sixth in the Eastern Conference standings. The Hornets are 10-31 this season.

That's gotta suck for any player hearing they are going to/being trade to CHA.  "Welp, my career's coming to an end."  Glad I don't have to see Lowry on a team that matters anymore.  This is an upgrade for MIA I'm guessing.  How big I'll leave to you guys and gal!  I'm just the middle man!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Kyle Lowry Given The Death Sentence Empty Re: Kyle Lowry Given The Death Sentence

Post by NYCelt Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:22 am

Rozier should be happy.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Kyle Lowry Given The Death Sentence Empty Re: Kyle Lowry Given The Death Sentence

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:30 am

Can Rozier play Thursday? Just curious.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:14 pm

rozier got his wish, Lowry had taken all his teammates off Instagram and Facebook, and was not talking to anyone!! Rozier came out and said he wanted to be sent to Miami, so looks like he got his wish. Remains to be seen if he gels down there
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:47 pm

This is a significant trade for the Heat.  

To part with an expiring contract for Lowery who turns 38 years old in March, along with a future 2027 first round pick, is highway robbery.

Terry Rosier is a big time scorer.  He is averaging 23.2 PPG along with 6.6 assists.  

Adding him into the mix with 3 other players that are also 20+ ppg scorers upgrades the offense for the Heat significantly.

Think about that.  Hero - 22 PPG, Adebayo - 21.5 PPG, Butler - 21.1 PPG and now Rosier - 23.2 PPG.

This trade levels the playing field with all of the top contenders in the East including the Celtics.

The Heat are the only team in the East that I fear.  

Brad will need to make a move to counter this move.  The Heat now have a very potent starting unit and a deeper bench than the Celtics.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:07 pm

Agreed dboss with your next to last sentence. I mentioned this in another thread but what Brad does needs to be significant enough to make a thud with the rest of the East and league thus realizing, "Well, we tried. It's over before it starts. That's checkmate." All without shaking the rafters, of course.

Get ready for Thursday night then. I hope MIA plays zone the whole game to be honest.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:15 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Agreed dboss with your next to last sentence.  I mentioned this in another thread but what Brad does needs to be significant enough to make a thud with the rest of the East and league thus realizing, "Well, we tried.  It's over before it starts.  That's checkmate."  All without shaking the rafters, of course.  

Get ready for Thursday night then.  I hope MIA plays zone the whole game to be honest.  

db

In the East, the two teams that have made big upgrades are the Pacers and now the Heat.

There is an arms race going on. I expect any teams that believe they have a chance to get better, will be buyers.

The Heat play wed vs Memphis so they will be playing us on the second night of a B2B.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:46 am

How we do tomorrow night will effect what Brad does. I'm guessing Rozier will be on site and ready to play. Probably coming off the bench. We're in control. We need to put MIA behind us. Send Pat into a tailspin. Pompous Ass!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down