New update from bobheckler

5 posters

Go down

New update from bobheckler Empty New update from bobheckler

Post by steve3344 Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:01 am

Got this note from Bob a few hours ago. Was beginning to wonder if we should send a search party to Antarctica. Ice Ice Bobby is probably as cold as our Celtics were last night:

"Left the Antarctic last night and am in Day 1 of 2 crossing northward through Drake's Passage.  Will be in a hotel in Quito, Ecuador on 2/5, hopefully.  We're trying to time storms.  Let one pass and then make a dash to The Beagle Channel and Ushuaia before the 2nd one gets serious.  Either way, rougher seas ahead as we deal with storms not quite past and approaching storms."

steve3344

Back to top Go down

New update from bobheckler Empty Re: New update from bobheckler

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:58 pm

I am sick to my stomach just reading this!!! God bless him, he has nerves of steel.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:35 pm

More from Ice Ice Bobby just now about his trek to Antarctica:

It was a GREAT expedition.

Just docked in Ushuaia while dinner is being served.

Appetizer = spicy veal meatballs
Soup = cream of asparagus
Entree = lobster tail

Fly to Buenos Aires tomorrow. Arrive in Quito, Ecuador 2/5. Hope internet is better there.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Arrived in Quito, Ecuador this morning. Internet appears to be good, I hope to be able to catch up on assorted stuff that went to to seed while I was gone, and maybe even watch a Celtic game or two. The Expedition was GREAT!! I hate cruises but I'd do another expedition if the destination appealed to me. Slaloming past icebergs at high speeds in small, semi-rigid Zodiac boats to go see penguins and seals. 40-50 Humpbacks all around us as we sat there in the Zodiac. Orcas off the port bow!! What a blast. For the adventurous I would recommend it and I would recommend the expedition company I used, Quark Expeditions.

Thanks to Steve for posting articles in my absence. We know you can do it now, Steve, so you have no fig leaf anymore.

5 more days until the trade deadline. Drummond or Kelly O? Drummond's an anachronism and a free throw meme, and if Brad trades for Kelly Olynyk? Remember the comedian Gallagher? Remember how people in the front row had to have plastic sheets in front of them when he blasted a watermelon with a sledgehammer, so they didn't get covered with it? That's going to be us when Cowens' head explodes like that watermelon. I don't know what either of those players would/could do for us but the comedic value of Cowens absolutely losing his mind every time Kelly is inserted into the game is priceless.

Bob
P.S. Glad I missed that Laker game. Ugh.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:45 pm

Well, our adventurous friend, good to hear from you. Missed one hell of a week of Celtic garbage time. The guys were wiped out, that LA game was a nightmare. Glad you are safe and sound, and enjoying your trek around the waters. Sounds great. Came back for fireworks??? Ha ha. Don’t think so.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:50 pm

Bob,

Welcome back. Well, back~ish. Back to the internet?

Olynyk, Drummond, someone else? I can't wait to see what Brad does.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:58 am

Olynyk for $13M plus a big tax hit. No way.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down