3 posters

Go down

WAFFER & WEST CONTRACTS GUARANTEED Empty WAFFER & WEST CONTRACTS GUARANTEED

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Celtics guarantee Wafer, West contracts

January 5, 2011, 7:37 pm

By Jessica Camerato
CSNNE.com

BOSTON - Von Wafer found out that his contract was guaranteed by the Boston Celtics from a reporter before Wednesday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs.

In this case, no news from the organization was good news.

“Every time I’ve been called to go to the gym it hasn’t been good, so that’s good,” he joked.

The Celtics picked up the contracts of Wafer and Delonte West, maintaining depth on their bench.

For Wafer, this means a sense of stability in an unstable career that has seen him play for six NBA teams since being drafted in 2005.

He made a case for himself on Monday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves by posting 10 points and six rebounds in 16 minutes. It was a testament to the team-first basketball he has embraced this season with the Celtics.

"He earned it; he earned the right to be here,” said Doc Rivers. “He's contributed to our wins, even before he was playing. He was really working at being a better player everyday in practice. He's been good.”

Now that Wafer has locked in his spot, he looks to stay focused by surrounding himself with family. He plans to have his mother and brother move up from Virginia and hopes his three-year-old daughter can spend some time in Boston as well.

“It’s going to be big. It’s going to help because I don’t really like to be alone,” he said. “I really wanted to kind of try to get a better focus and I thought that would help if I had my mom and my brother with me because I’d just spend time with them instead of doing other things.”

Wafer quickly learned that he would have to buy into the Celtics system if he wanted to play. Now that he has, he is looks forward to what’s to come playing team ball.

“I’m just excited because I know I can get a lot better,“ he said. “I know I can do a lot more, but I’m just going to play my role and do what I have to do for us to get these W'S.

Back to top Go down

WAFFER & WEST CONTRACTS GUARANTEED Empty Re: WAFFER & WEST CONTRACTS GUARANTEED

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:08 am

Kid is athletic, versatile, and when he puts his mind to it - a lock down defender. Well Done Danny
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:49 am

i am glad and really feel like he gives us some things we need.

Congrats Von...go EARN respect and time now.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down