cowens/oldschool
bigpygme
steve3344
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POST GAME SUNS Empty POST GAME SUNS

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:32 am

Got to call this one early. Just ridiculous scheduling ...flying 5 hour and loosing 1 hr while playing back to back. NBA not putting their best product on the floor. Get some rest....we'll come out flying in LA. We win by 10 count on it!

Back to top Go down

POST GAME SUNS Empty Re: POST GAME SUNS

Post by steve3344 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:33 am

112288 wrote:Got to call this one early. Just ridiculous scheduling ...flying 5 hour and loosing 1 hr while playing back to back. NBA not putting their best product on the floor. Get some rest....we'll come out flying in LA. We win by 10 count on it!

Not going to be easy without Glen. Doubt he can recover from a strained hamstring in about 40 hours.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:42 am

missed KG's ejection - i went to bed with the DVR running, so i could go back and see the rest of the game later. but what happened?

low posts here so far after a pretty miserable showing, or not showing. as in not showing up. but The Steve Nash Show was pretty eye-catching - man, can he ever dish. And he can shoot. and it isn't just that we were off our game, either - he's a flat-out master out there. he piicked us apart, and made Gortat look like an All-Star (and he's really, just, ... not).

Glimmer? Perk's putting in the minutes to get back into game shape.

but where's Rondo, and who's this guy who's taken to wearing his jersey ? more TO's than assists? in two games? that is NOT our Rondo.

we'll need him back Sunday, so whoever's taken him, please return him by Sunday.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:55 am

Nate must be rubbing off on him

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:10 am

Hi,
Well, another stinker. I hope they can recover for Sunday.
Interestingly enough, the announcers, Jackson and JVG (on ESPN), were very pro-Celtics. They were very vocal in their disagreement when Doc was ejected and especially when KG got double T.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:15 pm

those refs reached a new low. Somebody is going to get hurt because they are too driven by their own damn ego, personal agenda to do their damn jobs.

They make my point for me over and over and over and over and its time to start fresh. They all have to go. Replacement refs.

And i dont think we would have won last night"with"the refs but who cares, as Doc said its about the game.

Nba refs are pathetic. Pathetic.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Welcome to Steve Javie's World. Now sit down, shut up and smile like you like it.

I could see signs of fatigue in the first minute or two. Our guys' shots were hitting the front of the rim, our inside players were short-arming their shots and we weren't jumping as high as usual. Understandable, given Mr. Potato Head's scheduling.

1. That damn little Canadian is the best pick-and-roll pg I've ever seen. John Stockton received great acclaim for doing that, but he had Karl Malone and a lot of Stockton's assists were to Malone. Nash does just as well and he can do it with anybody! Big, slow Marcin Gortat; long, quick Grant Hill; even quicker Vince Carter he lays in that bounce pass so it comes right up into the roller's hands (different sized rollers require different angled passes) at their individual speeds. His ability to pass out of a trap, at his size, is extraordinary. His courtvision is uncanny and God Help you if you play off him because he can drain it from anywhere. Come to think of it, God Help you if you play up on him because he has the quickest change-of-pace crossover in the league, probably since Stockton. Of all the pgs in the league, I think only Rondo comes close to being able to do what the Pride of UC Santa Clara can do when it comes to running an offense and Nash is a MUCH better shooter. I love Rondo, I've stated many times how we are soooo lucky to have him, but just imagine for a moment if we had Nash. Our defense would suffer some, true, but I don't think KG would let it suffer too much and our offense would be unstoppable.

2. A memo must have gone out that says "if you're a losing team, when the Celtics come into town, punch them in the nose". In Portland we had Przybilla playing thug-a-rama and last night we had Pietrus. I had a feeling we were in trouble when, in the first quarter, Davis tried to lay down a charge on Gortat coming down the lane, in what I thought was a clear offensive foul, and he got no call despite being blasted into the 3rd row. Later on, Ray Allen got hit in the head on a layup and so did Wafer, all clearly seen on replay. No calls on any of them.

3. KG did do what he was ejected for doing, let's be honest. He was T'd up and ejected, along with the less important Frye, was for the head butts which Frye initiated. If you make contact with a shooter, you reach out and make contact. Flicking your wrist is NOT a normal defensive act. Having said that, 7'0" toothpick Channing Frye went down like he had taken a full knee in the nuts (sorry, Rosalie) and then bounded right up, without loss of breath, to confront KG. If you're a man the chances are close to 100% something like that has happened to you, accidentally or on purpose, at some time in your life. If you really get hit, you go down, usually stay down for a bit and gasp for breath like a fish on a dock with the blood draining out of your face. You don't jump up and bump heads and that's all you do. Considering Frye etal wear athletic cups, it would take a full knee catching you under the cup to drop you like that. Helluvan acting job by Frye, I think. When you've lost the last 3 games to inferior teams I guess you gotta do whatever it takes. The ref who called the foul was not looking at the play, he was looking at the shot. He called the foul after he saw Frye go down. Bad officiating there, there are other refs whose job is to watch the ball and the action underneath. That's bad enough, but to review the play, see that it wasn't a hard hit, it was a wrist flick and maybe not intentional at that, is the work of a poor officating crew. We have a right to expect consistency and fairness from officials, not perfection. Officials make mistakes just like players and coaches, but when you take the time to review the play and still don't deliver consistency and fairness, that's poor officiating. I loved watching KG bend over, so he was Javie's height, with that look of manic intensity on his face as he listened to the verdict being laid out.

4. I really like what Lawrence Frank did after KG was ejected. Even before Phoenix shot their free throws he pulled all the Celtic starters out of the game and sat them down for the rest of the game. We were down 11 with only 4:07 left. We were tired and shooting miserably (34% for the game and only 1-11 from 3) and were without our head coach and our defensive anchor while the Suns had a rest day and were hitting their shots better. In my opinion, we were NOT going to win this one. Better to save our starters' legs for the next game, against a playoff team that we have an axe to grind with, than risk having our starters take some more physical punishment without the refs calling anything. Pulling our starters made a statement, to Steve Javie and hopefully the league, that the officiating was so bad we didn't feel like we were going to be given a fair chance. Not as dramatic as just defaulting the rest of the game and walking the whole team into the lockerroom with 4 minutes left, but still good.

5. Gortat is, IMO, the best backup center in the league (although, now that Perk is coming off the bench I might have to reconsider this. When he gets his starting job back and Shaq is the backup, that's something else). He had a career game last night. Forget about the buzzer beating three, he won't make another one of them in dog years, but he did everything else well. 17 rebounds, 19 points on 8-13 shooting and good defense in just 30 minutes. Gortat and Pietrus provided firepower off the bench. The Sun starters were 15-39. Pietrus is another one, like Przybilla, who needs to have "a message" sent to him by Shaq or Perk.

6. I sure hope Baby's hamstring pull isn't too serious. I'd rather have him at 70% on Sunday and then sit out the Tuesday game against doormat Sacto. Making a statement against a team we might face in the Finals is more important than beating a team that won't even make the playoffs. We're still 3 games up in the loss column on Miami, so we can afford to take a chance on losing to Sacto without our 6th man. We don't play again, after Sacto, until Friday. Five days of rest and treatment would do a lot of good. I suspect, given the emotional pressure cooker this game is to the Celtics, Davis will play if at all possible.

The Lakers were shocked by the abovementioned doormats last night. That neither impresses me nor intimidates me. The Kings are the Kings are the Kings and winning a big game against a good team doesn't make them a good team too. What it does mean, though, is that LA is going to be fired up on Sunday. Celtics or no Celtics, nobody wants to lose two in a row at home. That's why I'm glad Frank pulled the starters (no Celtic starter played more than 31 minutes) and I hope Davis plays.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:19 pm

BobH,

Basketball players wear cups? Are you sure?

I never heard that before. I've played basketball in a lot of different settings but never knew anyone to wear a cup. A jockstrap yes but no cup.

That said I agree with you Frye was faking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Bob,

I tried to fine one, but the biggest they had was "large."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi - well, I didn't turn in last night because I could tell almost from the start that they jusy didn't have anything in them. I watched most of the first half
but just couldn't watch any more. no-the refs were not the real reason they lost, but I have to say, after watching some of the plays in the first half, there was no was Javie was going to give the Celtics any reasonable calls. Where does this lead us?

Shut up, play the game, and do what you are supposed to do. There has been so much flopping going on lately it is crazy. Seven foot guys falling all over the floor, even Dwight Howard pulled it a few times.

The Celtics offense has been stagnant lately, Rondo, where are you??????
Is he hurt and we don't know? Or....has everyone finally caught up with some of his moves.

I certainly hope that tomorrows game will be played on a level field. I know we are in LA and they all love the attention, but this game deserves good referee's and decent calls. David Stern, take notice, Boston fans are watching your moves. Your scheduling genius really pulled a good one planning that game last night. I swear, he is dying for a Miami/LA final.
Let's spoil his party!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:48 pm

That is where we are weak. We have no 3rd option in less you move JON to power forward if Baby gets hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:10 pm

112288 wrote:That is where we are weak. We have no 3rd option in less you move JON to power forward if Baby gets hurt.

th wass always been my thinking on J O'neil.. if we have the other Bigs availible our rotation up front ought to look like this
C- Perk-Shaq- Jermaine-Erden
PF- kg-BABY-Jermaine

of course we got a few weeks before J. O'Neil is even around soo,,, Didnt Perk play some at the 4 early on in his career?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:37 pm

bobc33 wrote:BobH,

Basketball players wear cups? Are you sure?

I never heard that before. I've played basketball in a lot of different settings but never knew anyone to wear a cup. A jockstrap yes but no cup.

That said I agree with you Frye was faking.

bob,

I wore one. Maybe that's because, being short, most players' knees came up to about where my groin was.

sam,

I found getting around that was easy. I used an old pot I didn't want anymore. Fit fine except for the handle and that just made me look even more impressive.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Maybe KG was just checking to see if Frye had ganas.

I thought the "touch" to the groin area was minor, but I also think that any touch in that area will get your attention.

I thought Frye went down because of KG undercutting Frye's landing with his (KG's) foot. I thought he reacted because of both the undercut and the other touch.

To me, KG sticking his foot under Frye's landing spot was the most troublesome. Bruce Bowen used to do that and did injure players doing it. I'm sure KG would react if someone did it to him.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:05 pm

outside

he WAS reacting to two straight games of seven foot guys being allowed to do whatever the hell they wanted. So was Doc. In time so will Danny. That crap can get out of hand see Rudy T. It is the refs GODDAM JOB To police it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Outside wrote:Maybe KG was just checking to see if Frye had ganas.

I thought the "touch" to the groin area was minor, but I also think that any touch in that area will get your attention.

I thought Frye went down because of KG undercutting Frye's landing with his (KG's) foot. I thought he reacted because of both the undercut and the other touch.

To me, KG sticking his foot under Frye's landing spot was the most troublesome. Bruce Bowen used to do that and did injure players doing it. I'm sure KG would react if someone did it to him.

Outside

outside,

You're right about Bowen, that was just one of his nasty little tricks.

Even a touch to the groin, and that's all this was, would get my attention. It would certainly make me flinch and reflexively move to cover that area. I wouldn't go down like there was a sniper in the cheap seats.

In the Portland game, Przybilla just went out of his way to deck KG and then stand over him.

In the Phoenix game, Pietrus just went out of his way to not only go through KG on the pick but to jam his forearm up into KG's throat.

There were different officiating crews at those two games (Lord knows Mr. Potato Head would never schedule his referrees like he does the teams!) and I am not so great a conspiracy theorist as to believe the refs have gotten together and have decided they're going to let these second-raters pound on a future HOFer, but from KG's perspective he's watched himself and Pierce and Rondo get beat on like they were drums for two straight nights. I admit I lack the steely discipline of a professional athlete, but if I were in that situation I wouldn't just slip my foot under theirs, I'd clothesline the bastards.

But that's just me, Mr. Mary Poppins.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:00 pm

back to hospital. 101.5 fever, nother infection

pull em through yall.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:15 pm

Outside wrote:Maybe KG was just checking to see if Frye had ganas.

Outside

After the game Fry was still upset because he felt KG intentionally put his foot under Fry's while he was shooting a jump shot earlier in the game.
That is much worse then a hit to the groin while shooting a jump shot.
I don't know why Garnett continues to do those things and disrespect inferior players.
I can't see him doing that to Shaq pre-Celtics days or Dwight Howard.
I am glad the NBA did not suspend Garnett for tomorrow's game.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:21 pm

No doubt about it. The League, The Players, The Commish, and The Officials are all out to get the Celtics. Johnny Most preached this Doctrine starting back in the 1950's. The conspiracy theory I suspect, will live forever. Convenient way to explain a loss.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Perhaps this guy or someone else on the Suns did something during the game or past games that KG needed to settle a score with.

Perhaps KG was a little bored and wanted to kill time playing some Billiards...you know.......Pocket Pool!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Interesting Take on Sun's verse KG by ESPN BOSTON

For those loyal fans that stayed up late (or the many Celtic fans representing the green on the west coast) watching the end of that monstrosity in Phoenix, you got to witness Mortal Kombat, NBA style. After playing a very physical game the night prior in Portland, the Celtics were greeted by the unusual yet similar tactics by the Suns. During the broadcast, Celtics play-by-play man Mike Gorman brought up an interesting point, raising the idea that now perhaps teams are going to initiate the physical play against the Celtics, rather the other way around.

Cameo color commentator Bill Walton quickly shot that idea down, saying opponents would be foolish to do so. At any rate, things are starting to get out of control. If you missed the game last night (I don't blame you and don't bother trying to watch a replay of it) and only caught the "highlights" on SportsCenter, then you saw Kevin Garnett's junk shot to Channing Frye. Was it a needless and dirty play? Absolutely.

The funny thing is, I didn't see ESPN show a possible reason that led up to KG's low blow. Just a few minutes earlier in the fourth quarter, KG was setting a screen on Mickael Pietrus, and Pietrus decides to unleash his new finishing move on KG by taking a blatant punch/elbow combo to KG's head/throat area. Allow me to channel a little bit of Tommy Heinsohn into the argument here.

After Pietrus clearly and intentionally decked KG, he was rightfully issued a flagrant foul. There was no review of the play, just the issued foul, two free throws, the Celtics retained possession and play resumed. Yet, on the KG/Frye/junk shot, Steve Javie delayed the game for what seemed like an extra half hour to issue two technicals to KG, toss him from the game and the Suns had a parade at the free throw line with what has to be a record of six consecutive free throws.

Look, I'm not going to argue that what KG did was acceptable by any measure. But what Pietrus did was by far worse, considering he went right for his head. Also, I have to agree with what Donny Marshall said in the Celtics' post-game show: Frye must have cuevos of steel to get up THAT quickly after getting hit there. I'm just curious as to why there was a delay and video review on that play, but not when Pietrus blatantly takes a shot at KG's head while Javie is about oh, two feet next to the play. By no means do I believe in these NBA referee anti-Celtic conspiracy theories, nor do I think Commissioner Stern has it out for them, I just found it a bit odd. Take a look at the both incidents below and you be the judge:

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:57 pm

it was pathetic. pathetic. pathetic.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:33 am

At the hospital, cat scan good. Tumor NO BIGGER and bloodwork pretty damn good. They dont know what it is but it looks encouraging all the stuff it ISNT.

SORRY to hike thread but wanted to let yall know. They are admitting me.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 am

That's all good news, Jeb. Why are they admitting you? (I assume you mean they're admitting you to the hospital.) More tests?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:51 am

I think just observation sam, the fever worries them but there is no sign at all of anything being wrong in any of the bloodwork or other test. They just wanna keep a tveye on the ol jebbish
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next