West could return Sunday, Wednesday

2 posters

Go down

West could return Sunday, Wednesday Empty West could return Sunday, Wednesday

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Jay King | February 11, 2011 at 10:21 am | 1 Comment

After Nate Robinson left last night’s game with a “bruised right knee,” Delonte West’s return became even more vital for the Boston Celtics.

Doc Rivers actually considered playing West last night, and the Celtics’ guard could play as soon as Sunday against the Miami Heat. But if he does play Sunday, don’t expect big minutes. A more realistic return date is Wednesday against the New Jersey Nets. (Boston Globe)

“It’s funny, before the game he asked the doctor if he could play and he and our team doctor were going back and forth on it,’’ Rivers said. “I said if they have to go back and forth on it, then the answer’s no. We’re going to practice Saturday, and I would like him actually to play in the Jersey game, just to get him one game. Even if he does play Sunday, it’ll just be 5 or 10 minutes. It won’t be much.’’

Avery Bradley, are you ready? (Wherever he is, I can almost hear the word: “No.”) Even so, now — with no other backup point guard available — is the perfect time to get Bradley a few minutes. I can’t be the only one hoping Rajon Rondo plays less than 44:21 next game.

Back to top Go down

West could return Sunday, Wednesday Empty Re: West could return Sunday, Wednesday

Post by tjmakz Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:07 pm

As of today, it looks like Nate will probably play on Sunday but Delonte is still up in the air. Today Doc said that Semih & Shaq may be out longer than just past the A-S break. Neither injury is healing as quickly as they hoped.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down