Leon Powe interested in a Celtics return

2 posters

Go down

Leon Powe interested in a Celtics return Empty Leon Powe interested in a Celtics return

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Leon Powe interested in a Celtics return

Though still shocked and stunned by the Celtics’ trade, the “Leon Powe might return” news at least brings a smile to my face.

Okay, no it doesn’t. Powe has stunk since he left the Celtics, and I’m pretty sure his knees are worse than Brandon Roy’s at this point. Even though I love Powe, I don’t see how he’d help the Celtics at all. But, hey? Who knows?! At least he’s interested in returning. (CSNNE)

While Powe is exploring all of his options as a free agent, he would be open to returning to the C’s.

“I’ll be happy wherever I end up, but Boston is always holding a special place in my heart,” Powe told CSNNE.com on Thursday evening. “The fans were so good to me, everybody up there was so nice, and it would be a great thing to return back to the Celtics if I could.”

David Aldridge believes Powe will end up in Boston, because “no one is [a] bigger fan than Doc Rivers.”

I repeat, I love Powe. I really do. One of my first Celtics pieces ever completely tore apart the C’s regime for letting Powe go after he got hurt. Just seemed like a truly heartless thing to do, and I hated that move for exposing the NBA’s cold business side. But if Powe doesn’t help the Celtics now — and he doesn’t, unless he still has all his old talents but two different Cleveland Cavaliers coaches just didn’t want them — it hardly lessens the blow of losing Perk.

Even if Powe IS entirely healthy and his knees somehow are made of something more than rubber at this point and he’s somehow ready to step right into Boston’s rotation, the Murphy/Powe tandem doesn’t exactly satisfy me. Because that still means Boston’s relying on the O’Neal brothers’ health to win a championship. A thought that doesn’t at all help me fall asleep at night.

Back to top Go down

Leon Powe interested in a Celtics return Empty Re: Leon Powe interested in a Celtics return

Post by celtic fan Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:26 pm

IMO Powe gets put on the backburner until other buyouts happen or don't happen and he gets a roster spot if they miss out on the guys DA is targeting.
that's the only scenario I'd like to see Powe back. I believe his body is failing him and he won't be effective even in limited mins, but if the C's get no one else and fouls happen he has the smarts and knows the C's system to at least attempt to help the team and who knows maybe like Turkey-Glu in Orlando being in a familiar setting will make him play better too Very Happy

celtic fan

Back to top Go down