IF THIS DOES NOT WORK OUT..........THEN WHAT?

+2
Sam
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK OUT..........THEN WHAT? Empty IF THIS DOES NOT WORK OUT..........THEN WHAT?

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:24 am

I need to ask our resident expert and long time Bostonian SAM this history question..........................

HAS THERE EVER BEEN A PUBLIC FLOGGING HELD IN THE BOSTON COMMONS...........STONING PERHAPS.......HANGINGS?????????

I think we need to see how this plays out but I'll tell everyone..............Danny has moved all his chips to the center of the table on this move, and it better work NOW or my question for Sam may come become relevant come spring time!

The whole idea on signing Ray Ray and Paul to an extension was to win NOW....Period! I am getting too much "Chatter Spin" in the news stories from Celtic personal that this should help us in the long run as the rebuilding process begins post KG contract. That's fine but Perk was not only now ...but 5 years from now....part of the core of young but seasoned Celtic veterans to lead the team forward.

Yes Green is an exceptional young talent who could blossom to be a Celtic favorite for years to come but do you trade away your "Rock of Gibraltar" at center.......a key piece of your inner defense........NOW......when you have a 2 year shot at #18 and #19?

So who are we going to bring in now with size and height and a defensive game to fill the middle..hummmmmm?
Marcus Camby........ok but he's old and so who are you going to bring in next year DANNY.......some half washed-up aging center again or .......or do you now have to spend big $$$bucks on a center who you know nothing about how he'll fit into the Celtic system when you had the perfect guy all along and now you let him go!!!!!!

Yesterday was certainly a "BOSTON POPS DAY" but not the musical kind in which Shaq was conducting, it was DANNY'S turn conducting .............and he was way OFF KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already have my beach chair, cooler and spot staked out in the Commons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I use The Word Stake?
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Last edited by 112288 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:53 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK OUT..........THEN WHAT? Empty Re: IF THIS DOES NOT WORK OUT..........THEN WHAT?

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 am

I'm aware of only three public floggings on Boston Common (no "s"). But fortunately, my wife was drunk too and hardly laid a blow on me.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK OUT..........THEN WHAT? Empty Re: IF THIS DOES NOT WORK OUT..........THEN WHAT?

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 am

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:50 am

Here we are again. It's like Instant Messaging.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:20 am

sam wrote:112288,

I'm aware of only three public floggings on Boston Common (no "s"). But fortunately, my wife was drunk too and hardly laid a blow on me.

Sam

Thanks for making me laugh Sam
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:42 am

Perhaps my only quasi-talent.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:24 am

Don't go selling yourself short Sam Smile. I'd take the talent of making people laugh over countless other talents maybe over them all.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:47 am

Bankie Banx - Albums - Amazing Grace 27 years of songs, Still in Paradise & Chariots of Steel

Jimmy Buffet Albums - Live In Anguilla with Bankie Banx, Live At Fenway Park, Meet Me In Margaritaville, Far Side Of The World,Barometer Soup, Fruitcakes, Last Mango In Paris, Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes & Son Of A Son Of A Sailor

NOW IF YOU MEAN WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT BEING DIVERSE TRY THIS GROUP

PINK MARTINI

Albums - Hang On Little Tomato, Hey Eugene & Sympathique

PS I am very diverse as well...anyone for Bach!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:58 am

Tick Tock,

Oh I agree about laughter.

I met my wife in a bar. When I asked her for a date, she went into hysterics. Which lasted about a week. Long enough for me to get a license, roll her down to City Hall in a wheelbarrow, and marry her before she ever regained her equilibrium.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:04 am

Sam,

That's a steep hill to climb with a wheelbarrow on Beacon Street although in what you are saying she must have been feeling lighter then air!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:10 am

I fueled up for the trip. Ate a can of Boston Baked Beans.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:16 am

sam wrote:Tick Tock,

Oh I agree about laughter.

I met my wife in a bar. When I asked her for a date, she went into hysterics. Which lasted about a week. Long enough for me to get a license, roll her down to City Hall in a wheelbarrow, and marry her before she ever regained her equilibrium.

Sam

Sam,

I think you have to remove the quasi from your earlier post as that one had me laughing till it hurt. Also think you should talk to Boston Baked Beans about being their spokesperson Very Happy
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:19 am

Actually, B&M Beans really were a client at an advertising agency many years ago.

Eventually blew us off though.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:25 am

Sam,

I keep learning new things every minute I'm on this board.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:46 am

"The Flogger" is making some pretty strong suggestions that it's bedtime.

Goodnight.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:04 am

Goodnight Sam
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:59 am

Please, don't sell Danny's judgment short. He brought us to this dance. He still has some moves on the dance floor.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Damn Worcester whose the babe?

I am outta the hospital and feelin fly...waiting for this game ...pretty damn excited as i know we all are.

Man this place has been jumping!

Viva La Causa!

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Jeb,

Great to see you raring to go and shoveling as fast as you can (private joke). Yeah, trade deadline day brought 41 users to the board simultaneously. I think the previous record was something in the 20s. And, despite all the very understandable emotion being express over Perk's departure, there certainly seems to be an air of keen interest and expectation concerning the rest of this Celtics season.

While the team had been primarily on a winning track before trade day, I had been sensing a sort on ennui and "business as usual" attitude as we collectively battle both the winter blahs and the dog days of the season. Regardless of how anyone views the trade, we all have to admit that it's got our juices flowing almost non-stop.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Jeb, That is my erstwhile girlfriend Donna. We've been on and off again for six years. This week it's off, and I think I have finally had my fill of her vicissitudes. She's like New England weather. Mark Twain once wrote to the effect that if you don't like the weather in New England, wait a day. It'll change. That describes Donna's feeling for me, and I'm finally over it. Tomorrow I go on a second date with the much more mature yet equally beguiling Sally, and if I we get along as well as we did on our first date and I get a good picture of her, I'll be changing avatars.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:20 pm

jeb wrote:Damn Worcester whose the babe?

I am outta the hospital and feelin fly...waiting for this game ...pretty damn excited as i know we all are.

Man this place has been jumping!

Viva La Causa!

Jeb

What's going on buddy ?

Glad to hear you're feeling good. Everything proceeding according to plan in your treatments regimen ?

Thinking of you often.

Your friend,

BSH
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:21 pm

worcester wrote:Jeb, That is my erstwhile girlfriend Donna. We've been on and off again for six years. This week it's off, and I think I have finally had my fill of her vicissitudes. She's like New England weather. Mark Twain once wrote to the effect that if you don't like the weather in New England, wait a day. It'll change. That describes Donna's feeling for me, and I'm finally over it. Tomorrow I go on a second date with the much more mature yet equally beguiling Sally, and if I we get along as well as we did on our first date and I get a good picture of her, I'll be changing avatars.

W- is that the same one from before ?

That really is on again off again.

Hope you're well Sir.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Worcester, it's time to reveal your secret.

Those condos you developed really contain nothing but a female farm system for you. When things go awry with one of them, you just pluck another one from those luxury homes without missing a beat.

I've never met anyone who can adjust so seamlessly to moving away from a real babe. Compared with you, the rest of us are just the American Idle (spelling deliberate).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:16 pm

sam wrote:Worcester, it's time to reveal your secret.

Those condos you developed really contain nothing but a female farm system for you. When things go awry with one of them, you just pluck another one from those luxury homes without missing a beat.

I've never met anyone who can adjust so seamlessly to moving away from a real babe. Compared with you, the rest of us are just the American Idle (spelling deliberate).

Sam

Female Farm System- I LIke It!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 pm

BSH and Sam, The first Avatar was Helena. We went out 2002through 2005, then reconnected in 2008. She lived in Latvia, now Scotland, and the commute was too much for either of us, and she didn't ant to get married.
The second avatar is of Donna, with whom I went out in 2005-6 and 2010-11. As for the 15 story condo, yes I was in tall cotton when it was going up and completed, and my friends here actually did refer to it as my farm system. But then the real estate market crashed and suddenly the "chicks" who were flocking to see their next roost flew away. I took a big hit financially, but still had my practice to fall back on and enjoy that work immensely, so no real harm done. And I never had any illiusions about which women wanted me for what. Some were sincere. Others not. Sally has her own abundant financial resources and is only looking for what comes from the heart. She's a loving mom with grown children, and I see a real possibility there. Stay tuned.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next