looking ahead...Glen Davis

+2
gacracker
bygone
6 posters

Go down

looking ahead...Glen Davis Empty looking ahead...Glen Davis

Post by bygone Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:54 am

Congrats Glen Davis on your engagement, and also for, as I understand it at this point, reaching out to employ a college friend who apparently has had some serious life issues.
I hope Glen heard Doc’s halftime motivation speech in Cleveland on TNT last night. Southworth too; be a friend or gtf away. It was a good speech.
I agree with Wyc, on ceasing to call him Baby. It’s time to grow up Glen.
And I was pleased to hear non critical understanding from Ray, Rajon, & Perk. They’re going to need Glen this season, let’s hope he can return in that 6-8 week recuperation window. And as said by another above, Glen, you better be running your ass off to stay in shape meanwhiles.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

looking ahead...Glen Davis Empty maybe a great reality check for BBD

Post by gacracker Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:52 pm

I'm thinking that "BBD" (or maybe more appropriately now "GD") will come back from this little misadventure chastened and serious about playing the game and earning his keep. Particularly if the C's play well in his absence and, barring the loss of another key role player, they should.

His pocketbook and his pride will take heavy hits as they should. As they say, its not your enemies.... its your friends who will do you the most damage.

Expect a leaner, meaner, more disciplined GD back. Otherwise, he gets showcased and bundled with a few others for a great BU PG.

Either way is fine with me. Christmas may come early... or a bit late. santa

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

looking ahead...Glen Davis Empty Re: looking ahead...Glen Davis

Post by LACELTFAN Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 pm

If I was in the front office, I would take a little time and have some one on one with him, right now. Give him some positive feedback along with the understanding that he has a very serious obligation to this team... I'd try and get in his head a little bit with some guidance, I think it might pay off well...this year, down the road. I think he has the desire to grow from this, a little encouragement could go a long way.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:09 pm

LA

ditto your thoughts

Whatever we might think of Davis there is no denying the fact he came into this season in very good shape. For someone that weights a lot to have the work ethic it takes to loose the weight, needs to be commended. He didn't ask for the altercation to happen so I am at least willing to give him some slack. I can certainly understand managements decision to recoop some of his pay also.

He has a "ton" (no pun intended) of talent and we caught a glimpse of it last year. I'd hate to see this ending up having a negative effect on him in the long run. We need him on the bench as it will allow more flexability with our aging stars.

Davis "may" be a starter someday, maybe even here. I just hope that if that time comes he is still here to take on the challenge.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:46 pm

I hope they fine him rather than suspending him. He feels just rotten; he'll be champing at the bit for weeks; a suspension would be kicking him when he's already way down. But, more important, a suspension could deny him not only motivation but also access to Celtics conditioning facilities. They need him under their control conditioning-wise. They need him not to gain weight. A token fine would let him know they disapprove, as though he didn't know that already.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:26 pm

agreeing with the above, where you guys uniformaly are calling for an even-handed approach that responds but doesn't over-react. i think the point about access to the conditioning facilities is sharp, so suspension would be shooting yourself in the foot if you're amanagement.

easy does it, C's ... let him know how you feel and where you stand without burying him over this. and did anyone see shaughnessy's piece in the Globe today about Larry's bar fight in '85 that he STILL won't talk about decades later?

Michael - Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down