Pre-Game NYC Tonight

3 posters

Go down

Pre-Game NYC Tonight Empty Pre-Game NYC Tonight

Post by dbrown4 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 am

The home stretch is clearly on us. While not wanting to put too much emphasis on any one game down the stretch, this game coupled with @SAS, @MIA and @CHI all may give us an indication in the most extreme circumstances where the "new" team stands and how they are working pre-playoff. Nothing like road games in playoff contenders houses to magnify everything to the nth degree.

Celtics have had the tendency to get up more for these games than the non-contender games and play their best. Things to watch:

1) RR alert - mentioned often in other threads. How's the pinky, how much time he's on the court, how are the back-up's doing, has he forgotten about Perk, etc. Not that we're in the danger zone with him, but it's time to see that the corner has been turned. He definitely holds the keys to #18.

2) Krstic needs to show up, big time. Had the last two games off for some reason. DD should do it. Should have fun with Amare coming down the middle.

3) Game flow. NYK has had a tendency from time to time to play defense. I know, I can't believe I just wrote that. Our games against the Knicks have been close and those were without Melo. We know how to shut him down with all our LeBron/CLE lessons from the past. Shouldn't be that surprising.

4) Getting off to a start where we're not digging ourselves out of a hole for the rest of the game.

5) PP needs to get back in the flow as well.

6) Rest for the starters even if it's only for 3-4 minutes more than normal.

7) A nice mix of offensive from defense and defense from offense.

Honestly, given our ups and downs to date recently, can't tell which team will show up tonight. NYK and Spike will be up for sure. BTW, what does Spike do now for a living? Must be living off the fat of the land since I haven't seen any real movies from him in quite some time. This could be our first round opponent. With our new added fire power of Krstic and Green, we can still outscoure them. Is Shaq back tonight?
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game NYC Tonight Empty Re: Pre-Game NYC Tonight

Post by beat Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:04 pm

dbrown

I have no clue what to expect. PERIOD! (looking at my NCAA brackets can attest to that)

So that said I'll hope for a better start that has us with at least as many points as the knicks have at the end of the first quarter, (as you mentioned no holes to crawl out of)

Then I hope the "second unit" can accually help foster a small lead by the half say 5-7 points.

After that just hope we end up with more points than they have at the end of the night, I could care less how well we look getting to there.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 pm

i think i heard that the Knicks 8-9 record since Melo got there is a result of not being ready for under.500 opponents, and that they're 6-2 or something against teams with winning records.

the numbers may not be right - the point is, the Knicks do GET UP for the good teams. i expect a battle, and dbrown's caveats above are very worth taking to heart. (or, Melo might be sulking, as recent reports have it, in which case good for us !! )

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down