Doc signs for 5 years

4 posters

Go down

Doc signs for 5 years Empty Doc signs for 5 years

Post by bobheckler Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 pm

I know this could be under the "Celtics off season" thread, but I felt it deserved its own 15 minutes of fame.

5 years! Wow. Now that's stability for the franchise. As a well recognized "players coach" that might help to bring some new top talent here. Hell, he'll have KG and Shaq and a few other big men singing his praises.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6540602

Yippee!!! Thank you Doc for not making this week a complete downer!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Doc signs for 5 years Empty Re: Doc signs for 5 years

Post by Sam Sat May 14, 2011 12:52 am

This rush to signing could be a signal that the Celtics have decided to make some bold moves quickly, before the cutoff for teams and players to converse with one another. It'll be interesting to see what happen.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat May 14, 2011 11:07 am

I agree Sam. Given the landscape in the East hat will always be in MIA as well as potential developments in NY, ATL and ORL, it says alot that Doc would sign for 5 years. No coach walks into a lopsided negative playing field without something huge up someone's sleeve.

I know you aren't much of a speculator, but any guesses? D12? CP3?

I was about to launch into some Shining quotes on another thread regarding some very definite ideas about what should be done with Danny and perhaps taking him to the doctor, but it appears so far Wyc will not be pulling that plug like other organizations would do. Good move as far as I'm concerned. Alot of organizations have short trigger fingers. Celtics have a long term plan. You can't win that many championships flying all over the place. Wyc understands the Celtic family tradition left behind by Red. Hard to fire family.

Always something going on here.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 14, 2011 12:33 pm

dbrown4 wrote:I agree Sam. Given the landscape in the East hat will always be in MIA as well as potential developments in NY, ATL and ORL, it says alot that Doc would sign for 5 years. No coach walks into a lopsided negative playing field without something huge up someone's sleeve.

I know you aren't much of a speculator, but any guesses? D12? CP3?

I was about to launch into some Shining quotes on another thread regarding some very definite ideas about what should be done with Danny and perhaps taking him to the doctor, but it appears so far Wyc will not be pulling that plug like other organizations would do. Good move as far as I'm concerned. Alot of organizations have short trigger fingers. Celtics have a long term plan. You can't win that many championships flying all over the place. Wyc understands the Celtic family tradition left behind by Red. Hard to fire family.

Always something going on here.

dbrown,

This 5 year contract says that Doc wants to be family. 5 years from now, barring a complete meltdown, he will be the #2 most winningest Celtic coach behind Red, passing Tommy. After that, who knows? Maybe Danny will say 13 years or whatever he'll be in for as GM (or whatever his official title is) will be enough and Doc will get kicked upstairs.

As Doc said "I'm a Celtic".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat May 14, 2011 3:26 pm

looks like we aren't down to the Sox and Bruins yet thanx Danny lol
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Dbrown,

Sorry, but the answer is nope. If some idea really inspires me, I'll post it. For one thing, I feel closer to the mentality and rhythms of basketball than to the horse trading. For another, I like to react to what is, rather than to guess at what might be. Basketball is a beautiful role sport, and my role is to accept what the Celtics give me and root for them to win. Pretty straightforward.

One observation in the offseason to date involves the rapidity and finality with which Doc's situation was settled. It almost seems as if, with a lockout a distinct possibility and only a few weeks left when teams can talk with players and agents, Danny's greasing the skids for quick action on the personnel front.

And, if he's aiming for quick action, it would suggest to me that it could be big enough to set a tone for what follows. Even if he has nothing specific in his mind at present, he may be committed to a dynamic course of action.

Just a hunch. We'll see what happens.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down