This may sound stupid......but

2 posters

Go down

This may sound stupid......but Empty This may sound stupid......but

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:07 pm

If the season is cancelled, are the contracts of Ray and KG null and void??? Are they no longer the property of the Boston Celtics??? I am puzzled by this going by the comments that Ray made this week about the team and his and KG's involvement.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

This may sound stupid......but Empty Re: This may sound stupid......but

Post by rickdavisakaspike Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:05 pm

It's a puzzling situation, Rosalie, and I hate to think about what happened to hockey a while back, losing a season and a lot of fans. Basketball is wildly popular right now. It'd be a shame if they lose all that good will.

Possibly, individual contracts like Ray's are indeed null and void, or at least, only enforcible if there is a new Collective Bargaining Agreement and actual games to be compensated for. There's probably language in the contract to that effect.

If there's no season, the players would most likely remain the property of the teams that had them under contract, for the duration of those null and void contracts, but who knows? Wouldn't it be interesting if teams could sign anybody they wanted during the lockouit? In that case, I'd put in a bid for the human fly swatter in Orlando.

If they were smart about this, the two sides would start over from scratch, share the profits 50-50, and not risk alienating the fans. Football pulled it off. There's no reason basketball can't. The fact that Red used to call David Stern "Stupid" does not fill me with confidence.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:17 pm

You're right there. Can you imagine what Red would be saying today about all this crap????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down