HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

5 posters

Go down

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL Empty HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and be sure not to eat toooooo much!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL Empty Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Post by bobc33 Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Ros, I will enjoy and hope you and everyone else does too. (I'm not sure on the not eating too much though, I think it is in my DNA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm thankful for a board full of great people with whom to correspond.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, everyone.

Sam and Mrs. Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Thankful for a lot.............

and somewhere on that list is this place and everyone here!

beat and family

PS:

And guess what kind of sandwiches I get for the next week plus?
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:41 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL Russel10

Here's a couple of video highlight clips that I thought you might be interested in seeing. I found this over at CelticsBlog (thanks!). It starts out being a Larry Bird article, but there are a couple of links to other player's highlights as well.

http://www.hardwoodhype.com/2011/11/these-are-moments-boston-celtics.html

I liked seeing the "Russell chases down and blocks West" clip. The picture (above) is from the very start of the play.

West is almost at half court, at a run, when the play starts. By the time the camera pans over to West, he is just crossing over the stripe and catches the ball in stride. He shows nice form, what else could he have done? I only wish the clip showed who got the rebound.

https://2img.net/h/i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/VS/Comparision%20n%20Similarity/The%20Dream/n%20Bill/-.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:44 pm

gyso,

That play is almost a carbon copy of the famous "Jack Coleman" play which kept the Celtics in Game 7 of their first championship series in 1957 (which, of course, they went on to win. Except that some people have suggested that Coleman wasn't all that great a player, while I've never heard anyone say that about Jerry West.

I'd be happy to nominate either play as the greatest defensive play of all-time. The Coleman play almost certainly had greater implications, although it would be interesting to know more about the circumstances of the West play.

Thanks for posting that clip. I watched it about 20 times, and now I'm too exhausted for leftovers.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:55 pm

GYSO

Nice clips but on the Bird steal... this is what the author says...

Dennis Johnson bolted into the lane, where Bird's pass was waiting, and converted one of the underrated incredibly tough shots of all time, banking in a layup over his right shoulder that required not only an inordinate amount of spin, but had to clear the outstretched hand of Bill Laimbeer.

Well right team wrong color........ appears the only person to challenge DJ was Dumars. Bill was several feet away from the play.

What I guess I never realized was the total never give up effort by the C's as a group not just Bird. Isaih had Jerry in his face and DJ was out near 1/2 court hawking someone and watching the ball so when Bird made his steal DJ was in position to cut to the basket and if he hadn;t been able to get a clear shot a drop down pass to Ainge filling the other side might have worked, but not sure if time would have allowed 1 more pass and shoot.

As for Gar Heard..... some people think it would have been a three but he was well within the top to the key off to the right, 18 footer tops..... wonder if there had been tenths of a second clocks then, first would there have been more time put on it and second did he get that thing off in under a second? and third did the clock start when it should have?

Nice clips and a walk down memory lane is always welcome.

beat

Last edited by beat on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:12 pm

PSS

Marcus had another scrimage this morning and another tomorrow.

He still doesn't say a lot and gettting information out of him is like Ollie North in front of Congress, but again I heard from the ref whom did the game this AM and Marcus again drained some three's this time 4 of 5 in the time he was out there.

Another scrimage tomorrow against a very good team in the Syracuse area at Cazenovia. As we have tickets to the SU football game I plan on going a little early to watch what I can, then pick him up and head to the Dome.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down