Mr Pierce the closer here to see you

+2
beat
jeb
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mr Pierce the closer here to see you - Page 2 Empty Re: Mr Pierce the closer here to see you

Post by David14 Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Jeb, I suspect each fan is entitlted to their own opinion. I personally do not like his approach to coaching, his conduct in writing books revealing locker room conduct of his players, his public criticism of his own players in order to motivate them, his attempt to intimidate referees through public comments, and his public comments related to the Celtics organization and Red Auerbach in particular.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Mr Pierce the closer here to see you - Page 2 Empty Re: Mr Pierce the closer here to see you

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 pm

jeb65 wrote:D14

Humility is not in him. He is wired for arrogance. Lets see him coach the Thunder.

Jeb

jeb,

Never gonna see it.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:42 pm

D14

Well said. As usual. So let us speak no more of "those people" ...

I will say this in closing. Pride's a bitch. It will flat take you down.

Enjoyed your comments brutha.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Bobheck,

But here's what I think we will see. The Celtics defeating another Jackson coached team that is supposed to win on talent and mamba juice. Further tarnishing his "legacy"

Phil seems a tad disinterested ala Don Nelson to me.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:40 pm

jeb65 wrote:Bobheck,

But here's what I think we will see. The Celtics defeating another Jackson coached team that is supposed to win on talent and mamba juice. Further tarnishing his "legacy"

Phil seems a tad disinterested ala Don Nelson to me.

Jeb

jeb,

Maybe. But winners have a gift for rising to the occasion and Jackson is a winner. An opportunistic winner perhaps, but a winner. A winner that doesn't build, but manages, but a winner. There were the rumors swirling before the season started that Jackson would only coach home games, but that didn't happen either.

When DJ played for the Celts, me and my friends used to call him "Money Man". That's because it would look like he'd dog it for most of the game (an allegation he used to HATE) but then, when the game was there to be had, he'd become an air-tight lockdown defender and would come away with the BIG clutch in-traffic rebounds every time, hit the big freethrows and, of course, cut to the hoop and make the big basket on a Bird steal. When the money went down on the table, DJ rose up and took it. That's why Bird said DJ was the best player he'd ever played with. Not Chief, not Walton, not McHale. DJ.

Don't put too much weight on Jackson's apparent current malaise. It's not money-time yet. Not for him, not for Bryant and certainly not for the Green Machine. I agree, we'll win, but I'm not basing my opinion on today's news.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Bobheck

Sage advice. I guess I get excited. However, I do see Jackson's interest waning and I wont waver on that one.

As for the DJ comparison inre Jackson. I think you are saying that Jackson is laying in wait until it matters. You are probably right on that he has been through a bunch of wars.

Yes he is a winner and has won again and again. There is no denying that.

It his response to all of his success that irritates me. Most people that have been that wildly successful learn to live in gratitude and use that success to teach others. He still strikes me as a big time game player.

Enjoyed hearing your thoughts. You have a good mind for all of this.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:06 pm

jeb

there's more to winning than just "winning."

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Beat,

It is easier to lose your core during success. You can wake up and be somebody else pretty quick.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Any respect I had for him, dissipated pretty quickly when he purposely mispronounced Leon's name on the post game two years ago.

I thought that was so cheap.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:19 pm

jeb65 wrote:Bobheck

Sage advice. I guess I get excited. However, I do see Jackson's interest waning and I wont waver on that one.

As for the DJ comparison inre Jackson. I think you are saying that Jackson is laying in wait until it matters. You are probably right on that he has been through a bunch of wars.

Yes he is a winner and has won again and again. There is no denying that.

It his response to all of his success that irritates me. Most people that have been that wildly successful learn to live in gratitude and use that success to teach others. He still strikes me as a big time game player.

Enjoyed hearing your thoughts. You have a good mind for all of this.

Jeb

jeb,

Some do and some, like Jordan at his HOF inaugeration ceremony and Jackson's sniping at Red, don't.

That might make them loathesome individuals (just to be really extreme about it), but that doesn't mean they can't/won't win.

A lot of people didn't like KG predicting multiple championships, starting with this year. A lot of people didn't like Paul Pierce claiming he was the best player in the league.

A lot of people thought Red sitting down while the game was still on, obviously relaxing and lighting up a cigar and paying no attention to the game after it was out of reach for the other guys was loathesome too. Didn't stop him from building AND managing AND scouting one of the greatest dynasties in all of sports history over a multi-decade period of time. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To us, Red and his stogie were gorgeous.

I am neither intimidated, impressed nor angered by the egotistical outbursts of people in positions where a strong ego is required and is even lauded. I expect it, set it aside, and look at performance. If Artest implodes, as is his well-documented history, then "The Zen Master's" legacy of effectively managing divergent egos will be tarnished. If he doesn't, maybe not. Either way, I'm not going to lose a moment of sleep over Phil Jackson's legacy. He doesn't wear Green.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Bobheck

Again well said.

Your decision to sleep well is your own. As is mine. I have lost most of the people I love in the last ten years and really had my ticket punched by loss. For real. As such my dues are paid. I don't lose sleep over any game.

In terms of talking hoops. I prefer to take a view of the entire nba. Of which Phil and the Lakers are champs as much as i hate it. If you wish to focus only on green god bless.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Bob heck

Rereading this thread just want to clear something up. I aint basing my opinion on "todays news" either. I base it on 32 years of watching and playing hoop.

I know the Lakes will be strong and Jackson will do his thing but I feel with all my heart (including the unbiased part) that we got the hosses to rain on their parade. Our bench is just way deeper. Pau played all summer and it;s starting to show on his bod. Phil dont have the bench to rest his starters specialy Kobe.

Any ol way lets beat phillie.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:40 pm

jeb65 wrote:Bob heck

Rereading this thread just want to clear something up. I aint basing my opinion on "todays news" either. I base it on 32 years of watching and playing hoop.

I know the Lakes will be strong and Jackson will do his thing but I feel with all my heart (including the unbiased part) that we got the hosses to rain on their parade. Our bench is just way deeper. Pau played all summer and it;s starting to show on his bod. Phil dont have the bench to rest his starters specialy Kobe.

Any ol way lets beat phillie.

Jeb

jeb,

Clearly, LA doesn't have our bench. Not even close. He is particularly thin at 2, as you correctly pointed out. Kobe's averaging slightly more than 1 mpg more so far than his career average. Considering the absence of Gasol, I'm surprised he's not playing even more than that. If Gasol, in fact, does have a tear of his hamstring (as opposed to just a 'pull'), his recovery will take much longer. This means a lot of additional minutes on Kobe's bod and nobody but Sasha to back him up.

If I was Phil Jackson, I'd consider backing Kobe up with Shannon Brown and benching Sasha. Part of this comes from a complete disgust with Sasha's game (a total of 2 points scored in a total of 25 minutes of play in 3 games and who knows how many points given up due to his atrocious defense), but also it looks like Brown is showing something.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:57 pm

I concur Brown is a load. And tough.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2