Celtics' Kevin Garnett Doubtful Tonight - Others As Well

+5
bobheckler
NYCelt
Sam
beat
9 posters

Go down

Celtics' Kevin Garnett Doubtful Tonight - Others As Well Empty Celtics' Kevin Garnett Doubtful Tonight - Others As Well

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 am

ESPNBoston.com
The Boston Celtics will likely be juggling the lineup Wednesday against the Pistons.

Kevin Garnett is doubtful with a right hip flexor suffered against the Bulls on Sunday. He sat out practice, but coach Doc Rivers said the injury isn't serious.

"Kevin has a 50/50 chance (of playing Wednesday)," Rivers said. "We'll find out (Wednesday). It's nothing bad with Kevin. But (Celtics trainer Ed Lacerte) really suggested two days off and then he said today, 'Maybe three days off.' So we'll find that out (Wednesday)."

Mickael Pietrus is also doubtful after missing part of Tuesday's practice to get treatment on the right knee that was operated on this offseason.

Jermaine O'Neal could be returning to the lineup. He's missed the last two games with a left shoulder injury, but he participated in practice Tuesday.

"I just took a direct blow to the capsule part of the shoulder and really inflamed it to the point where I couldn't raise it," O'Neal said following Tuesday's session. "It's one of those things where you just come in and get treatment and get back to the point where you can get some more movement in it."

When asked whether he'll play Wednesday, O'Neal said: "Yeah, I was able to get through practice. It's still a little bit sore, but you try to give what you can give."

Power forward Brandon Bass missed the Bulls game with right knee soreness and admitted he originally hurt himself when the Celtics defeated the Magic in Orlando on Jan. 26. Bass made an effort to keep playing but will now sit out the recommended 10-14 days in order to rest and strengthen his knee. Bass will most likely return after the All-Star break later this month.

"I injured myself and I didn't want to sit out," Bass said. "I wanted to continue to play. Now I'm resting it and then I'm strengthening it up, and then I'll be ready to go.

"(My knee) swelled up and I put ice on it. I wanted to just keep going because I felt I could keep going, but it kept getting weaker and weaker. Talking with the staff, they thought it would be important for me to rest it, let it heal, and then strengthen it up, and then I'll be ready to go."

Keyon Dooling, who returned on Sunday following a nine-game absence with a hip injury, was held out of the middle portion of Tuesday's session by Rivers, who said he "struggled" as practice went on.

"I was a little worried, honestly, watching him practice," Rivers acknowledged, before noting he thinks Dooling will still suit up on Wednesday.

"I think he's going to play," Rivers said. "I think he wants to play. But I did think as practice went on he started trying to shy away from contact."

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Kevin Garnett Doubtful Tonight - Others As Well Empty Re: Celtics' Kevin Garnett Doubtful Tonight - Others As Well

Post by beat Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 am

Lets see what we got

Garnett NO with a ???
Bass NO
Pietrus Doubtfull to NO
ONeil Somewhat available.
Dooling Wants too play.

BobC On his way there

Looks like JJJ, Etan, Steamer, and Bradley should get more than token minutes tonight.

beat

Last edited by beat on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Kevin Garnett Doubtful Tonight - Others As Well Empty Re: Celtics' Kevin Garnett Doubtful Tonight - Others As Well

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:40 am

This is a good thing for now, but let's hope it does not become a habit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm not sure which is worse—losing these guys for tonight's game against the Pistons or losing them for what should have been a full-scale practice yesterday. Hopefully, Doc found ways to get some important points across anyway.

So far, when key players have been missing, support players and/or at least one of the young guys have stepped up and received some valuable experiences. It would be nice if that continued.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Do we have enough players left to field a team?

Somebody get ahold of BobC. He's got the height and the hoops background. If he stands around the TD Banknorth Garden players entrance they might just throw a uni on him.

If you read this Bob, I know you're a couple hours out of Boston. Start driving now.

Well there's my solution anyway.

In reality; Mr. Johnson, Mr. Wilcox, Mr. Stiemsma, please report to the scorers table. And fellas, since you haven't always gotten that much action this year, please remember to use the sticky-mat before heading onto the court. The round thing with a net at the end of the court? That's a goal...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:37 pm

If we're going to be at half-staff (half-roster?) at least it's against the Pistons.

Should be interesting to see if these kids are ready to step up. With Bass AND KG out, JJJ might start. I'd probably say Wilcox will start at center, but it could be Steamer, albeit unlikely. Wilcox would provide stability and energy for the 2nd unit while, if Steamer starts, he'd be surrounded and supported by RR, PP and RA at least. Doc, as we all know, favors veterans over rookies.

This could be an epiphany or a crushing moral defeat for these kids. This is especially true with Steamer whom, I've read, has had a history of fighting depression in his life. Many of us want to see Steamer play more, but if he's not ready and is easily depressed when things don't go to his liking, protecting him and not just throwing him into the fire might be the best in the long run. With 3 Bigs out, though, there might be nowhere to hide him tonight. I'm concerned, as we should be when we have this many rotation players out, yet hopeful. We saw, when Rondo and Dooling were out, that we have legitimate depth at guard. Now, we get to see if we have legitimate depth in the frontcourt.

Go Celts!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 pm

NYCelt wrote:Do we have enough players left to field a team?

Somebody get ahold of BobC. He's got the height and the hoops background. If he stands around the TD Banknorth Garden players entrance they might just throw a uni on him.

If you read this Bob, I know you're a couple hours out of Boston. Start driving now.

Well there's my solution anyway.

In reality; Mr. Johnson, Mr. Wilcox, Mr. Stiemsma, please report to the scorers table. And fellas, since you haven't always gotten that much action this year, please remember to use the sticky-mat before heading onto the court. The round thing with a net at the end of the court? That's a goal...

I edited my above post to reflect yours!!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Can we sign 'Sheed to a 10 day contract, or is Mike Sweetney anywhere to be found. I gues Posey's too much to hope for! Is anyone forgetting Daniels is still on the roster?

MD!

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo error)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:Can we sign 'Sheed to a 10 day contract, or is Mike Sweetney anywhere to be found. I gues Posey's too much to hope for! Is anyone forgetting Daniels is still on the roster?

MD!

MD,

Sheed is nowhere to be found. Last heard, he converted a barcalounger into an RV and was visiting retirement communities. Mike Sweetney has a scientific paper submitted to the National Astronomy Society, requesting he be classified as a planetary object for govt research grant purposes. 35-year old Posey's career is pushing up posies.

Marquis Daniels is still on the roster, of course, but our problem at this time is finding healthy Bigs, not backcourt players.

:-)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:26 pm

My tickets tonight are club seats, so we get a waitress and access to a private bar for a few cocktails. Good thing, as I may need a bit extra help from my friendly bartender to get through the game.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Mrkleen,

Have a great time. We're counting on you. And possibly on your bartender as well.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks Sam.

Now if you could just convince my future wife that the refs CAN in fact hear me when I yell at them.....I would be golden. Smile
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:41 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Thanks Sam.

Now if you could just convince my future wife that the refs CAN in fact hear me when I yell at them.....I would be golden. Smile

Rifle with scope should do the trick. (Is Joey Crawford reffin if so I'll send the amo

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Mrkleen,

Enjoy the game and let us know how Doc and Rondo react towards one another tonight. I would be interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Jerebko vs Daniels in the battle of the all-stars Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:40 pm

Missed the game tonight as I had a drumming gig, but darn if I had known they were this shorthanded I would have skipped that and signed that 10 day contract Danny was calling me about............

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Sorry Bob, wait for the draft in the summer although there is always EUROPE!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 pm

112288 wrote:Sorry Bob, wait for the draft in the summer although there is always EUROPE!

Good idea, I'm going to contact the Italian team. Basketball, great food and so much history I'll be in heaven. Ho bisogno di fare pratica con il mio italiano.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Ya, Good food and good women.......hey you can even pinch the girls in Italy...IT'S LEGAL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down