Colin Cowherd Disrespects Doc on "The Herd"

+3
Matty
beat
MDCelticFan
7 posters

Go down

Colin Cowherd Disrespects Doc on "The Herd" Empty Colin Cowherd Disrespects Doc on "The Herd"

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:34 pm

This Bozo had the undeserved pleasure of having Doc on his show today on the, "Subway Fresh Take Hotline." Cowherd basically has his head up Kobe's butt ALL the time, but took this occasion to throw the age of the Celtics in Doc's face and tried to prod Doc into stirring up rumors abot Rondo and a possible trade. What was really infurriating to me was Cowherd basically told Doc the C's have no chance against Miami in a possible first round match up. Doc fielded all questions and caustic remarks with his usual class. If I were Doc, I'd NEVER give Cowherd the time of day, much less appear on his show again

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Colin Cowherd Disrespects Doc on "The Herd" Empty Re: Colin Cowherd Disrespects Doc on "The Herd"

Post by beat Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:49 pm

MD

Our local radio station switched from ESPN radio to Fox sports radio a short time ago probably a cost measure. I do miss Mike and Mike on my drive in to work, but do not miss CC at all. Unfortunately that boob Jim Rome is unlistenable (if that is a word) too also and he's on Fox.

A couple days ago was the 175 anaversary of the defeat of the 100+ men at the Alamo. Are our odds better in beating either or both Miami and/or Chicago than their chances were against Santa Anna and an army of 1000's?

They lost that battle sure but in the end who won the war?

As long as we can go into the playoffs fairly well rested and of course healthy (getting another serviceable big would be nice) I give us a chance to knock off either one or both. But that is so far down the road can't see that far ahead.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Colin Cowherd Disrespects Doc on "The Herd" Empty Re: Colin Cowherd Disrespects Doc on "The Herd"

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Beat:

I don't think we're going to get John Wayne to suit up either. Seriously, I think if JON comes back, or we can pry Odom away from Dallas the C's could beat either the Bulls, or Miami. The Heat is athletic, so are the Bulls. I'd fear the Bulls more because Thibbs knows us very well.

MD!

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:57 pm

beat wrote:MD

A couple days ago was the 175 anaversary of the defeat of the 100+ men at the Alamo. Are our odds better in beating either or both Miami and/or Chicago than their chances were against Santa Anna and an army of 1000's?

beat

What an interesting comparision!

personaly though ive sort of taken exception to the idea that Travis and the Boys "lost" the battle at the Alamo.

187 men stand off against 5000+ who are daily being reinforced. Their defending "the gateway' to the west, a location both sides (minus Houston) feel is important to hold the upper hand in a war.

for 12 days , seriously outnumbered the defenders kept Santa Anna's forces out

the Defenders accepted that no help would come and that they would sell their lives as dearly as possible, holding out for as long as they were capable and then fighting to the death.

They then defended their post so well that what was left of their "fortress" once the battle had ended, was mere shambles, the ability of any force to then hold the Alamo against another force was severly compromised.

"The defense" suffered a mere 187 causulties, while acheiving all the objectives they had expected to while "the offense" finly also acheived their primary objective, did so at the cost of keeping in tact the defensive capabilities of the Alamo and themselves sustaining an estimated 1,500 casualties.

in the end, the boys at the Alamo i think did a better job of acheving their objective than Santa Anna did, In my book, they Won that battle. Their lives were forfeit on febuary 23 when Santa Anna arrived, but it took "the Napolean of the West" 13 days to defeat an ill equiped, underfed, outnumberd band of misfits led by a dying drunk and an egomaniac who couldnt agree on wether the sun was shinning or not- hiding behind the walls of a decaying former mission.

No one gave David Crocket of Tennesee, Jim Bowie and "Buck" Travis any thought of winning. Yet they made their stand and went out in a Blaze of Glory.. History will never forget those names. History has also shown us to never underestimate Paul Peirce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnet...

Remember the Alamo!! Go Celtics!!!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:30 pm

I just want to take this opportunity to congratulate board members for the solid backing you're giving this team. Even after the kick in the stomach aka the Philly game, this forum is overflowing with green. It's particularly gratifying to note the emphasis on hope rather than prediction as far as the fate of this team is concerned.

Go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Matty wrote:

beat

personaly though ive sort of taken exception to the idea that Travis and the Boys "lost" the battle at the Alamo.

187 men stand off against 5000+ who are daily being reinforced. Their defending "the gateway' to the west, a location both sides (minus Houston) feel is important to hold the upper hand in a war.

the Defenders accepted that no help would come and that they would sell their lives as dearly as possible, holding out for as long as they were capable and then fighting to the death.

They then defended their post so well that what was left of their "fortress" once the battle had ended, was mere shambles, the ability of any force to then hold the Alamo against another force was severly compromised.

"The defense" suffered a mere 187 causulties, while acheiving all the objectives they had expected to while "the offense" finly also acheived their primary objective, did so at the cost of keeping in tact the defensive capabilities of the Alamo and themselves sustaining an estimated 1,500 casualties.

in the end, the boys at the Alamo i think did a better job of acheving their objective than Santa Anna did, In my book, they Won that battle. Their lives were forfeit on febuary 23 when Santa Anna arrived, but it took "the Napolean of the West" 13 days to defeat an ill equiped, underfed, outnumberd band of misfits led by a dying drunk and an egomaniac who couldnt agree on wether the sun was shinning or not- hiding behind the walls of a decaying former mission.

No one gave David Crocket of Tennesee, Jim Bowie and "Buck" Travis any thought of winning. Yet they made their stand and went out in a Blaze of Glory.. History will never forget those names. History has also shown us to never underestimate Paul Peirce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnet...

Matty,

I don't see KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce selling their bodies to buy Danny time to rebuild the team, but I still like the spirit.

Davy Crockett was a former Congressman. Damn shame today's congressmen wouldn't do something like that. Like, all of them...

Go Celtics! Never Surrender!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Matty wrote:

beat

Matty,

I don't see KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce selling their bodies to buy Danny time to rebuild the team, but I still like the spirit.

Davy Crockett was a former Congressman. Damn shame today's congressmen wouldn't do something like that. Like, all of them...

Go Celtics! Never Surrender!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Bob,

really its not former congressmen who i'd like to see sacrifcing their lives for their beleifs, its the current crop who i think would best serve their nation by doing so..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Matty wrote:Bob,

really its not former congressmen who i'd like to see sacrifcing their lives for their beleifs, its the current crop who i think would best serve their nation by doing so..

Matty

2 words

TERM LIMITS

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 pm

MDCelticFan wrote:This Bozo had the undeserved pleasure of having Doc on his show today on the, "Subway Fresh Take Hotline." Cowherd basically has his head up Kobe's butt ALL the time, but took this occasion to throw the age of the Celtics in Doc's face and tried to prod Doc into stirring up rumors abot Rondo and a possible trade. What was really infurriating to me was Cowherd basically told Doc the C's have no chance against Miami in a possible first round match up. Doc fielded all questions and caustic remarks with his usual class. If I were Doc, I'd NEVER give Cowherd the time of day, much less appear on his show again

I didn't hear the interview but I heard highlights of it.
If I was Doc I would expect that he is going to ask me about trade rumors, especially Rondo, the age of the Celtics and maybe even the Celtics rebounding problem. It doesn't sound like Colin brought up anything inappropriate.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 am

tjmakz wrote: I didn't hear the interview but I heard highlights of it.
If I was Doc I would expect that he is going to ask me about trade rumors, especially Rondo, the age of the Celtics and maybe even the Celtics rebounding problem. It doesn't sound like Colin brought up anything inappropriate.

Confused. If you didn't hear the interview in its entirety - how do you know he wasn't inappropriate ? confused
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:05 am

The subjects that Cowherd talked to Doc about that were mentioned in MD's post should not have been a surprise to Doc.

I am only commenting on the things that MD said were discussed with Doc.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 am

So you dont think having someone as a guest on your show and then telling them they have no chance of winning - is inappropriate?
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:19 am

mrkleen09 wrote:So you dont think having someone as a guest on your show and then telling them they have no chance of winning - is inappropriate?

I did hear a replay of that part of the interview on Mike and Mike and that is not what Cowherd said.
He was basically asking how do you stop the Miami Heat if you had to face them in the playoffs.
Doc did a good job in answering the question.
He said how tough they are and you have to focus on slowing them down.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:34 am

I just listened to the Doc/Cowherd interview and realized that I did hear the whole interview yesterday just before 12:00.

The link is the podcast of the interview if anyone wants to hear it. It was 5:35 minutes long.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7662114/doc-rivers-danny-ainge-say-no-rush-boston-celtics-make-changes

There was nothing inappropriate about the interview.
Colin even talked to Doc about Austin and how does he feel about Austin getting to play for Coach K. Doc talked to Colin about how nervous he is watching Austin. Colin asked if it was hard to balance being a dad and a coach when talking to Austin.

No Celtics fan should be offended by that interview.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down