Nate McMillan As Doc's New Defensive Guru

3 posters

Go down

Nate McMillan As Doc's New Defensive Guru Empty Nate McMillan As Doc's New Defensive Guru

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:46 am

I'm not sure if Boston ever replaced Lawrence Frank after he took the Piston's job after last year. Frank replaced Thibbs, of course. Nate McMillan is on Coach "K"'s staff for the national team, but does anyone think he is defensive minded enough to be Doc's new "D" Guru for the "C's"?

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : alter wording)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Nate McMillan As Doc's New Defensive Guru Empty Re: Nate McMillan As Doc's New Defensive Guru

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:20 am

He has coached the Seattle Supersonics (2000-2005) and the Trailblazers (2005-2012). Were either team known for their defense?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Nate McMillan As Doc's New Defensive Guru Empty Re: Nate McMillan As Doc's New Defensive Guru

Post by Outside Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:31 am

McMillan did a good job in Portland. He is highly regarded and will likely get another head coaching job next season, assuming he wants it. Considering all that went on, firing him was a mercy.

I don't know about him as a defensive coach. He was a good defensive player and was named to second team All Defense twice. Regardless, I don't think the Celtics having a defensive guru on the bench is one of their biggest needs. They need bigs. They need improved offensive production. They need improved rebounding. Their defense is fine, especially considering the lack of personnel up front. They're third in the league in defensive efficiency (points allowed per 100 possessions; http://bkref.com/tiny/yqNtz).

My guess is that McMillan will appreciate taking a break.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down