bring 'em back & who do we add?

5 posters

Go down

bring 'em back & who do we add? Empty bring 'em back & who do we add?

Post by Matty Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Since the All Star break we've seen these C's start to gel, a lot of folks now see why Doc and Danny were ok with letting things stand, we're seeing what they beleived to be there all along..

oh though, if only the injuries hadnt been there...

anyhow,

we do have a nice crew.. lets say Danny keeps these guys together and paves the way for Wilcox & Green to return as well.. what do we need?

i was looking at a lineup that resembled this as far as who could play what/where

c- Garnet- Bass- Steimsma
pf- Garnet- Bass- Wilcox
sf- Peirce- Peitrus- Green
sg- Peitrus- Bradley- Allen
pg- Rondo- Bradley

that is sort of based on whose been a part of the reguler lineup most frequently.. sasha, Dooling, Moore ect.. have seen less playing time and im not counting as a part of the reguler lineup

where is our glaring need moving forward?

If we brought back wilcox & green im assuming both would be slowly intergated into the system, IF they even began the season on time.

My thoughts:

I dont think the C's are too concerned about wether Bradley starts or comes off the bench, if what we've seen from him this yr is any indication of what we'll have long term, i dont think Danny, Doc or Allen or even Bradley his own self gives a flying donkey's unmentionables wether he is on the court at tipoff or even at the final buzzer- kids gonna play.

Earlier when Rondo was out, bradley came in and give other teams PG's hell on D.. is he more of a 2?, yeah of course he is... But still being able to give hell to other teams point guards is a valuble commidity

lets assume the rotation i mentioned returns- Bradley comes off the bench and Doc keeps Ray and Rondo as the starters (no argument about Rondo starting of course) Bradley is now our 6th man.. and could be injected into the starting lineup whenever Ray or Rondo was out for a game.

I didnt see bradley play a lot as the starting PG, but from what i picked up it allowed Paul to be more of a ball handler and create his own scoring options. Something the Peirce/Rondo relationship has issue's with at times.

If Bradley is the 6th man playing both positions do we need to spend a lot of money on a backup pg for Rondo? I dont think we'd need to.

By bringing back ray allen we have still one of the deadliest shooters in the league.. having the option of Bradley or Ray allen to be your 2 guard for 48 minutes a night is a really nice option to have.. bringing back Peitrus gives us added energy at the 2 and a defensive force as well..

At the 3, we've got paul peirce- still an all star despite being old, fat, slow not as good as King Nothing and worse yet- being a celtic... really its just a matter of who is his backup/understudy.. Peitrus could fill that role as b/u nicely and with Green with have a nice understudy slowly gettign back into form. we're really set quite well at the 3.

bringin in the four position, we'd have foul mouthed KG, bradon Bass whose made us almost totaly forget Large Infant and a rehabbing Wilcox.. now this is where i see us beginning to need a bruiser.. Bass has done a fine job as the starter, not sure Wilcox will be around to begin the season, and I think as time moves forward KG might be better suited to play less officialy as a 4.. maybe he'd be ok with being called a 4.5?? regardless, we know we need a stronger presence down there around in the Post Lands, someone who'll use their body to make people pay for heading to the basket and also who'll grab us some damned rebounds..

Over in the Land of 5's We've got KG and Steimsma and Bass as options.. Bass just does so much better at the 4, i almosy think he should be left out of the 5 discussion.. Though a Rookie "The Shooter" is 26 i beleive, if the kid could add some muscle to his frame and live up to the "shooter" Moniker I could see him getting some big time minutes, and while he's improving He's not there just yet.

We've all known The C's more rebounding, and making the post a scarier place to visit for other teams. Otherwise though, i beleive we've got all the right peices moving forward to contend. Im not sure who it would be, but i think we could really keep the above mentioned people around and perhaps add even just one more Big and be a contender.

Injuries have been our archiles heel all season. But we have a lot of bright spots as well, Bradely especaily makes our backcourt very strong. Steimsma is devoloping nicely and can be brought in when we need a shot blaocking machine (does Bill Russel do traing camps?) Bringing back this crew adds to chemistry, gives up plenty of depth and possibly leaves the holes as a 3rd string point guard and maybe one Big.

in this scenerio, who or what do you feel we need?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

bring 'em back & who do we add? Empty Re: bring 'em back & who do we add?

Post by sinus007 Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi,
I'd say we need 5 and 4, the more - the better.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:30 pm

i agree, but if we could bring back this group once again, what player do you think we need to chase in f/a?

I'd think our first preferance woudl be for a 5, then a 4.. then find our 3rd sting pg..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:12 pm

personally i hate to suggest kris humphries fro, the 4 dept , but i might have to..

chris kamen, might be the best or second best 5 on the market this offseason.

as for a 3rd string pg.. delonte west is still one of my favorite Celtics ever.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Kendrick Perkins seems like he'd be a good fit for us.

Anyone ever seen him play?

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:15 pm

ive seen him, but like rondo he's a huge ??? could he play on a championship team?

and if so, would thunder be dumb enuff to let him go?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:39 pm

heck with a player get a tribal witch doctor to cast some healthy spells on us!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Loved seeing Perk knock that @sshole Wade on his ass last night, Perk is still doing his job and doing it well, every team needs a Perk. Bet he did that for Rondo.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:47 pm

I wouldn't mind a big to clog the lane, bang with other bruisers, do some dirty work......what do you guys think of Fab Melo? a 7 footer that can block shots, came from a good program, seems he could be very effective role player.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:04 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I wouldn't mind a big to clog the lane, bang with other bruisers, do some dirty work......what do you guys think of Fab Melo? a 7 footer that can block shots, came from a good program, seems he could be very effective role player.

well...

i just found a quick articule on him and wasn't too excited about it

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/4/3/2921092/fab-melo-syracuse-nba-agent-career-inelgibile-brazil-expectations

legal trouble/ academic trouble/ out of shape in his freshman season..

so we got the worst of gerald green and sebastian telfair rolled into a 7 footer... possibly with some mark blunt (never will give him the diginity of spelling or saying his name right) tossed in for good measure..

i dunno he seems a risky prospect.. maybe a 2nd round pick?

again if we bring back steimsma and have him working out with the govenator and Bill Russel on weight training and defense (especialy shot blocking) i think we'd be all set..

otherwise we need a a 6'10+/ 240+ guy or two who wants rebounds and is willing to break his grandmothers hip to get one then go and block the shots of a child shooting free throws during a make-a-wish sponsered event just cuz he enjoys blocking shots.. thats who we need, thats who we want.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:23 pm

I would NOT even begin to think about Fab Melo, he's dumber thana box of rock and only fared reasonably well this year cause he didn't have to guard anyone in that SU zone. Very offensive limited to

However he is big.

Lots of rumors about just what did occur at SU legal academic ect regardless he cost his team a great shot at an NCAA title. With a player that is selfish as this I would not want him on MY team.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down