ALLEN DEALING WITH BONE SPURS ON ANKLE/ HORFORD: 'THINK I'M OUT FOR PLAYOFFS'

2 posters

Go down

ALLEN DEALING WITH BONE SPURS ON ANKLE/ HORFORD: 'THINK I'M OUT FOR PLAYOFFS' Empty ALLEN DEALING WITH BONE SPURS ON ANKLE/ HORFORD: 'THINK I'M OUT FOR PLAYOFFS'

Post by 112288 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:12 am

WEEI
By: Paul Flannery

WALTHAM -- The Celtics conducted practice on Monday, but did so with Ray Allen (ankle), Mickael Pietrus (knee), Rajon Rondo (back) and Greg Stiemsma (foot) all watching from the sidelines. The Celtics still have a chance at grabbing homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs and coach Doc Rivers said he would play Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce and any other player who was ready.

However, while Rondo and Pietrus could return to action on Tuesday when the Celtics play Miami, Allen is definitely out. Allen ran on Monday on an AlterG machine that lessens the impact, but he's been dealing with swelling in his ankle since he tried to return last Tuesday against the Knicks. Allen went through shootaround that day but his ankle swelled up after the workout.

"New York, I was frustrated," he said. "Other than that, just give it time and see what it does. Confidence-wise, I can’t do any more than what my body allows. I just try to live with that and just take the time to allow it to heal."

Allen said he hasn't had an X-ray, but an MRI revealed bone spurs.

"They say it could be the size of a grain of sand but they’re not supposed to be in there," Allen said. "As they swell they move around and when the swelling goes down, they rest."

Allen wouldn't put a timetable on anything beyond Tuesday.

"It’s still being a little troublesome, but it’s getting better," he said. "I’m just aggressively treating it."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

HAWKS' HORFORD: 'THINK I'M OUT FOR PLAYOFFS'
By: Paul Flannery

Hawks center Al Horford told Yahoo's Marc Spears that it's not likely he'll be ready to return to the court for the playoffs. Horford had surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle in January and was recently cleared to begin contract drills, but the All-Star doesn't sound confident about his availability.

"I don't feel like it is realistic that I can play for the playoffs," Horford told Spears. "Obviously, if we advance and start going we will see. But as of right now the way I feel I think I am out for the playoffs."

Horford has been going back and forth in recent days. He said he was "frustrated" last week after a workout and then told the Atlanta Journal Constitution that he was "70 percent" likely to play.

The Hawks will play the Celtics in the first round of the playoffs. Homecourt is still to be determined (Atlanta has a one-game lead, the Celtics have the tiebreaker) but the matchup is set.

Back to top Go down

ALLEN DEALING WITH BONE SPURS ON ANKLE/ HORFORD: 'THINK I'M OUT FOR PLAYOFFS' Empty Re: ALLEN DEALING WITH BONE SPURS ON ANKLE/ HORFORD: 'THINK I'M OUT FOR PLAYOFFS'

Post by gyso Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:17 am

Hawks' Al Horford changes gloomy playoff prognosis after meeting with doctor

Hours after Atlanta Hawks forward-center Al Horford expressed doubt he'd be ready for the playoffs due to injury, a doctor convinced Horford he could play in a limited fashion in Thursday's regular-season finale against the Dallas Mavericks.

Here's the rest:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--al-horford-changes-gloomy-playoff-prognosis-after-meeting-with-doctor.html;_ylt=AqV.Dswm3Z3MY5ZXETtxMrm8vLYF

Back to top Go down