BULLS' ROSE TEARS ACL, OUT FOR PLAYOFFS

+2
swedeinestonia
6 posters

Go down

BULLS' ROSE TEARS ACL, OUT FOR PLAYOFFS Empty BULLS' ROSE TEARS ACL, OUT FOR PLAYOFFS

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:03 pm

WEEI
By: Paul Flannery

Chicago guard Derrick Rose, the league's reigning Most Valuable Player, tore his left anterior cruciate ligament late in the fourth quarter of the Bulls' player opener against Philadelphia and will miss the remainder of the season. The announcement came via the team Twitter feed.

Rose played only 39 games this season after suffering a number of physical problems, including back, groin, toe and ankle injuries. Even without Rose at full strength, the Bulls won 50 games and earned the top seed in the Eastern Conference and homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.

The Celtics are on the Bulls side of the postseason bracket and could meet up in a second-round series. The C's open their playoff season Sunday night in Atlanta.

Back to top Go down

BULLS' ROSE TEARS ACL, OUT FOR PLAYOFFS Empty Re: BULLS' ROSE TEARS ACL, OUT FOR PLAYOFFS

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:09 pm

With 1:10 left of the game Sad

They played very well when he was gone during the regular season but the playoffs is a different story without him.

Huge break for the Celtics if they make it to the second round, Rondo schooled Watson.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

BULLS' ROSE TEARS ACL, OUT FOR PLAYOFFS Empty Re: BULLS' ROSE TEARS ACL, OUT FOR PLAYOFFS

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 pm

As it is a huge break for us, it is also for Miami. Knicks just had a bad game. Throw it out and let us see how they play Monday. If the loose, there done. I guess Woodson needs to preach defense more.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:15 pm

what a tough break for Rose. He is truly a terrific player, but.........good news for us?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Knicks looked good to start the game and then I dont really know what happened.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 am

Big break for us. Chicago is still a VERY good team without Rose. In fact, you could say that they are more dangerous since it isn't as obvious where the threat is going to come from, which makes them harder to defend, but you can't lose an MVP and killer go-to guy without a drop off.

I don't want to jinx us, but Atlanta is very undermanned at big and we can beat Miami.

Due to our age and our injuries we needed a break to get to the championship round. We just got it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:32 am

I don't feel sorry for Rose. He was in college at Memphis under bogus SAT scores, no doubt under the knowledge of dirt bag Calipari. I do feel sorry for Thibbs however. Bulls won without Rose this year and are not finished by any means.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 pm

As far as I am concerned, the most underrated guy in the league is Deng. He plays Pierce so hard that PP gets frustrated at times. I love his game, would look great here in Boston!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:52 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:As far as I am concerned, the most underrated guy in the league is Deng. He plays Pierce so hard that PP gets frustrated at times. I love his game, would look great here in Boston!!!!

Rosalie,

I agree completely. They still have Boozer and Deng, both all-stars. I'm big fans of both those players.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:59 pm

bobheckler wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:As far as I am concerned, the most underrated guy in the league is Deng. He plays Pierce so hard that PP gets frustrated at times. I love his game, would look great here in Boston!!!!

Rosalie,

I agree completely. They still have Boozer and Deng, both all-stars. I'm big fans of both those players.

bob

Boozer's been something of an enigma. His defense is mediocre on a good day, and he turns into a liability if his shot isn't falling, which has happened too often in the playoffs. Watson and Lucas obviously need to step up with Rose out, but Boozer is the key to whether they can do anything in the second round.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down