cowens/oldschool
tardust
mrkleen09
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #4 Empty POST GAME PHILLY GAME #4

Post by 112288 Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 pm

THAT WAS A PISS POOR EFFORT !!!!!! AGAIN THEY PLAY THE BIG BAD CELTICS FOR 11/2 QUARTERS AND THEY'RE ALREADY THINKING ABOUT BOARDING THE PLANE TO BOSTON.

Drives me crazy. They played lock down defense, run and gun offense in the first quarter and quit! Philly had no business being in this game, none. They still showed me nothing...but the Celtics did show me charity by keeping Philly alive in the playoffs. This game could and I say could cost us the series.

We have a bad habit of making crap teams feel good about themselves!!!!!!!!! Doc should really rip into them. Did not like Rondo's quarterbacking the team the second half. We never attacked the paint after the 1st quarter. Now its the best 2 out of 3 and we have now given them life!

NEXT GAME MONDAY - HOME - TIME - TBA - TNT/CSNE

POST GAME RECAP

WEEI 850 AM

FAST BREAK: CELTICS COLLAPSE IN SECOND HALF, 76ERS EVEN SERIES 2-2
By Ryan Hadfield

The Celtics scored the first 14 points of Game 4 and had a 15-point lead at half time, but failed to translate that momentum to the second-half, as the 76ers came back all the way back to win, 92-83, evening up the series at two games apiece. For the 76ers, Andre Iguodala scored 16 points. Paul Pierce had 24 points (8-of-13 shooting) and Rajon Rondo had 15 points to go along with 15 assists. The Celtics look to regain control of the series Game 5 on Monday night back at the Garden.

WHAT WENT WRONG

Benched: Doc Rivers looked to his bench to hold the fort after the Celtics built a 22-8 lead midway through the first quarter. Things quickly went awry — Philly went on a 10-2 run to pull within six, 24-18. Rondo stopped the bleeding with an old-fashioned three-point play, and the Celtics closed the half on a 22-13 run, taking a 15-point lead into half time. While the lead was re-established, Rivers would have preferred not to have had the starters had to expend more energy.

Foul Play: The 76ers should have been in contention all night with the lopsided free throw advantage they had. In the first half, Boston took five free throws to Philly’s 21, but the Sixers only hit 13 of those attempts. In the second, half Rivers was forced to go back to his bench after three Celtic starters — Brandon Bass, Avery Bradley and Rondo – had four fouls midway through the third quarter. Philly finished with a season-high 34 free throw attempts.

Board to Death: The refs certainly didn’t help Boston’s cause, and the validity of the free throw differential is certainly up for debate, but the C’s should have been more focused on the glass. Neither team had been dominant rebounding the ball until Friday night, when the Sixers had 12 offensive boards through the third quarter. This was critical because the Celtics held Philly to just 32.8 percent shooting, but the 76ers were able to have multiple chances at the basket because of their rebounding advantage. Philly finished with 17 offensive rebounds, meanwhile, the Celtics only had 5.

Half the Battle: As great as the Celtics were in the first half, they failed to score a field goal in the first seven minutes of the second half. To their credit, the Sixers battled and clawed their way back from an 18-point deficit to tie the game in the opening stages of the fourth quarter. From that point on, the game would be a back-and-forth battle. These scoring droughts from the C’s are nothing new, but still staggering to watch, especially after displaying incredible efficiency in the first quarter.

Of course, it wasn’t just the offense. There aforementioned rebounding and free throw disparities hurt Boston. Additionally, the Sixers finally flexed their youth, outscoring the Celtics 25-13 in fast break points. Finally, the C’s committed 17 turnovers (Kevin Garnett had seven turnovers himself).

WHAT WENT RIGHT

Going For The Kill: What was more impressive: The C’s scoring the game’s first 14 points, or the fact they only allowed Philly eight shot attempts (the Sixers only hit one) to their 16 shot attempts through five minutes of action? It has been difficult to differentiate between good defense versus bad offense during the lockout shortened season, but this was a case of the former. The Celtics were relentless in their defensive approach, specifically Rondo and Bradley. Offensively, Boston started the game shooting 7-of-8 from the field. It was clear, the Celtics wanted no part of coming back to Philly for a Game 6.

The Maestro: The C’s early dominance was largely because of Rondo’s performance. For the second straight game, Rondo played in complete control, dominating all facets of the contest. He had four assists in the first four minutes, took wise risks defensively, and controlled the pacing. He finished the first half scoring 9 points (4-of-6 shooting) to go along with nine assists.

Gone Fishin’: Bass had a great regular season for the C’s — first as a reserve off the bench, then as a starter — but has had an uneven playoffs so far. In Game 3, Bass showed signs of coming to life, scoring 10 points on 5-of-10 shooting. That confidence carried over into Game 4. In the first half, the 27 year-old scored 13 points, only one point shy of his previous playoff-high, knocking down five of the seven shots he took. Bass only had one basket in the second half, however, and finished with 15 points.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ESPNBOSTON
Rapid Reaction: 76ers 92, C's 83 (Game 4)

By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

PHILADELPHIA -- Rapid reaction after the Philadelphia 76ers defeated the Boston Celtics 92-83 in Game 4 of an Eastern Conference semifinal series Friday night at Wells Fargo Center. (The series is tied 2 games apiece):

HOW THE GAME WAS WON
Andre Iguodala and Evan Turner each scored 16 points to pace five 76ers in double figures. Philadelphia shot a mere 32.8 percent (19 of 58) through three frames, but made 12 of 24 shots in the final frame (including some huge second-chance efforts) to cap an incredible and rather improbable rally. Paul Pierce scored a team-high 24 points on 8 of 13 shooting, while Rajon Rondo added 15 points and 15 assists. Kevin Garnett slumped badly, however, making just 3 of 12 shots for 9 points and 11 rebounds over 40 minutes.

TURNING POINT
The Celtics coughed up an 18-point third-quarter lead, allowing the 76ers to rally ahead in the final frame. A seesaw battle erupted and the game was tied at 83 with 1:38 to play after a Rondo fingeroll. That's when Iguodala took over. First he drilled a step-back jumper with 1:22 to go to push Philadelphia back out front. After Thaddeus Young blocked a Rondo layup attempt, Iguodala splashed a back-breaking late-shot clock 3-pointer from the right corner for an 88-83 advantage with 36.9 seconds to go. That was it for Boston as Ray Allen missed a triple on the ensuing possession and the 76ers emerged.

BOLD PLAY OF THE GAME
Let the Philadelphia bench have this spot. Young (12 points, 9 rebounds) and Lavoy Allen (8 points, 10 rebounds) were absolute beasts down the stretch, abusing Boston inside and generating key buckets that set up Iguodala's heroics.

C'S DOMINATED OUT OF THE GATES
The Celtics' bench initially was Flexin' early and often as Boston made its first four shots of the game -- including back-to-back 3-pointers by Pierce and Avery Bradley -- en route to scoring the first 14 points of the game. Jrue Holiday finally broke up the shutout with a jumper with 8:24 to go in the frame, but the damage had been done. The 76ers finished the first quarter staring at a 12-point deficit after shooting 18.8 percent (3 of 16). Brandon Bass scored 10 points on 4 of 6 shooting to pace the Celtics' fast start.

YOU KNEW THEY'D MAKE A RUN
The Celtics scored the first nine points in Monday's Game 2 loss at TD Garden and you sort of figured the 76ers would make a charge at some point. It didn't take long. Once Boston's reserves rolled in, Philadelphia trimmed its deficit as low as six (24-18) just three minutes into the second quarter. Despite Boston's efforts (9 turnovers, 21 free throw attempts allowed before the intermission), Philadelphia refused to immediately capitalize (4 points off turnovers, 8 missed free throws before halftime). A driving layup by Rondo before the break had Boston up 46-31 at the the midway point.

AND THEY CHARGED (FOR REAL) IN THE THIRD QUARTER
The Celtics missed their first nine shots of the second half, enduring a near seven-minute drought to let the 76ers right back into the game (yet again). Boston's lead went as low as 58-54 with 2:47 to go in the quarter, but Garnett forced a turnover, then led a little 2-on-1 break that he finished with a reverse layup. Next trip down, Pierce drilled a left wing 3-pointer to push Boston's advantage to 63-54, though Boston led by only four going to final frame. The 76ers tied it just 90 seconds into the final frame.

KG, BRAND GET TECHNICALS
Garnett, laboring through a struggle-filled night, got tagged with a technical (by referee Bill Kennedy) with 9:46 to play in the third quarter. It was an odd sequence with the Celtics in transition and Garnett barking about something at midcourt. Garnett promptly atoned by getting in Elton Brand's head, leading to a technical on him. Later in the third quarter, Ryan Hollins and Spencer Hawes got matching double technicals.

WHAT IT MEANS
So the Celtics have chosen the hard road yet again. Boston had this game -- and the series -- in the bag in the second half. Sticking with the season theme, Boston bumbled the game away and let Philadelphia steal the win that sends this back to TD Garden with all the pressure on the Celtics to hold serve. The 76ers have all the momentum again and Boston has to find a way to put this one behind them. They'll get two days to think about it before the teams joust again on Monday. Philly's victory ensures we'll be back here at Wells Fargo for a Game 6 on Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #4 Empty Re: POST GAME PHILLY GAME #4

Post by mrkleen09 Sat May 19, 2012 12:40 am

Gave it away....and I think they are ALL to blame, from Doc on down.

He went with the bench too long in the 3rd....didnt mix things up....and his loyalty to Ray is killing the team right now, as Allen is a major liability on the defensive end and barely a factor on offense.

Rondo played a great 24 minute game...too bad they play 48...and once again, they stopped feeding KG.

The Celtics are a much better team than Philly - but they cant continue to take them lightly. Should have kept a foot on their throat when they had them down.

Oof.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat May 19, 2012 12:50 am

Well said MrKleen especially about Ray. Ya Doc has to be blamed as well. Why go small when you need bounds. You cannot give them second hand chances in the paint! Stuff the middle with bigs !

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat May 19, 2012 8:32 am

The Sixers kept doubling Garnett down low and Pierce where ever he was. Garnett couldn't throw it in the ocean. A couple of his shots were so far off left to right it nearly looked like he missed on purpose. Someone has to step up the scoring. Philley is going to continue the double team on PP and KG. Doc has to come up with something to counter this. To me they didn't have anyone to throw it to that was open. That should be the time to get it somewhere and take it to the rim. Easy armchair quarterbacking I guess.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 19, 2012 8:59 am

I did a bob heckler and watched the game at a bar, an Irish bar Shenanigans in Rockaway, when we got off to that great start was thinking this is too perfect, Irish bar, Celtics and had a great meal too.....man were we perfect at the start, but wasn't meant to be, we started throwing the ball away so many times in 2nd half, as I was watching was thinking if it was fatigue and couldn't help but think how much Jeff Green could have helped us this year. I don't want to hear any crap about Chris Bosh as nobodys had as many injuries as us. KG's defense was great, Rondo was great, AB was getting BS calls, couldn't believe those hero shots Iggy hit, normally I would be thrilled giving up those shots. Iggy is like a 6'6" Tony Allen, couldn't believe he hit those shots. Going forward we have to be careful with smallball, we can't rebound and if I was attacking us I'd go to whoever Ray Allen is covering, as bad as we shot for stretches in 2nd half was still so winnable with just a few less turnovers....still can't believe Igoudala hit those shots.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat May 19, 2012 9:11 am

A little off topic but would someone please tell Chris Broussard that the Celtics didn't play 3 seven game series when they won the title in 08. I have heard him say that on at least 3 different occasions. I can't believe someone hasn't corrected him yet.

Last edited by tardust on Sat May 19, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 am

Hi,
What a waste! I was sooo disappointed. Monumental collapse. As Mrkleen said, every Celtic is to blame starting with Doc. I can't even blame the refs who during the 48 minutes of game had breakfast, lunch and dinner of whistles when RR, KG and PP were clobbered. You just can not surrender 15 points lead to the inferior team.
Oh well, back to the drawing board. At least they have 2 days to rest and decide if they really want to go to the next round and beyond.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat May 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Got to see just the second half and I was yelling at Doc (from upstate NY) for playing KG and PP until they ran out of gas. Ray is over-matched against anyone faster than I am and I'm 62. I absolutely do not understand Doc's substituting decisions. We're not going far with KG at more than 40 minutes and PP at 42 on a hurt leg. Why not some minutes for Marquis and Sasha? We need energy, fresh legs, starters coming in the last 6-7 minutes. One thing I noticed was the lead evaporated as soon as AB fouled and was benched.
Doc reminds me of a kid with a piggy bank who remembers only what he shook out yesterday, not how much is left for tomorrow. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 19, 2012 3:39 pm

I have to agree with you about Ray, he is getting beaten on defense most everytime down the court. He has not handled the ball well, not gotten himself free, etc. However, maybe Bradley is much worse off than we know. I do think I would give the bench, Dooling, Moore, a shot. I know Dooling played a little last night and was a non factor, but, he does play better defense than Ray right now. I never thought you would see these words from me.

I am hoping they did not give the 76er's new life, this could be a real problem.
Maybe KG will get a few more calls next game, God knows he was fouled enough last night. Rondo, Rondo, Rondo, he drove me crazy in the second half. That lazy attitude he has drove me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat May 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Rosalie, I have the same worry about the rest of the series. We'd better win the next one and not beat up KG or PP. Sad to say but in his current state, I wouldn't make Ray the first guard off the bench. Even if he hits a few, when he loses his man, our bigs are paying and Doc obviously is reluctant to use Steamer, who seems worse as his minutes shrink. Here's hoping two days off helps!

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 19, 2012 7:39 pm

To say I am worried puts it mildly. I have been sick all day everytime I think of what they let slip away. I am still feeling they will win in 6. Positive thinker, huh?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sun May 20, 2012 7:40 am

Here's a quote from Rondo after game 4:

“They sped us up a little bit,” he said of the 76ers’ game-turning 15-2 run in the third quarter. “They took some quick shots, we had some turnovers in that stretch, and they made shots.

“In that stretch I had to do a better job of slowing us down and getting us into the next set. I had to demand that guys get into the right spots offensively. It’s a calculation for me of when we’re doing a good job in random and when we’re not in that stretch. And in that 15-2 run we didn’t do a good job.

“But in the first half we did make those shots. In the second half when we weren’t making those shots we had to slow it down. But it all comes down to defense. We may have lost our composure, but we’re a veteran team and we’re better than that. We should have responded better.”

Well, Philly sped things up on Celtic turnovers. But as far as tempo goes it seems to me that the problems with our offense START when Rondo slows everything down by walking the ball up the court, pounding the ball at the top of the key, waiting for someone to get open which results in no more than one pass (if even that) and a missed desperation shot leading to a Sixer fast break. While I agree with his remarks about our defense, the rest of his comments lead me to think that in spite of his creativity with the ball and all his brilliance there are times when he doesn't have a clue. [u]
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 20, 2012 9:24 am

It's called immaturity and cockiness, Berlin. He just didn't want to accept his part in this mess
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 am

Berlin-T wrote:Here's a quote from Rondo after game 4:

“They sped us up a little bit,” he said of the 76ers’ game-turning 15-2 run in the third quarter. “They took some quick shots, we had some turnovers in that stretch, and they made shots.

“In that stretch I had to do a better job of slowing us down and getting us into the next set. I had to demand that guys get into the right spots offensively. It’s a calculation for me of when we’re doing a good job in random and when we’re not in that stretch. And in that 15-2 run we didn’t do a good job.

“But in the first half we did make those shots. In the second half when we weren’t making those shots we had to slow it down. But it all comes down to defense. We may have lost our composure, but we’re a veteran team and we’re better than that. We should have responded better.”

Well, Philly sped things up on Celtic turnovers. But as far as tempo goes it seems to me that the problems with our offense START when Rondo slows everything down by walking the ball up the court, pounding the ball at the top of the key, waiting for someone to get open which results in no more than one pass (if even that) and a missed desperation shot leading to a Sixer fast break. While I agree with his remarks about our defense, the rest of his comments lead me to think that in spite of his creativity with the ball and all his brilliance there are times when he doesn't have a clue. [u]

Nice post. Agree with most of it. As well as Garnett has played he pretty much laid a egg on this one. I can live with his off shooting nite, but the turnovers are another story. Usually Rondo will force something that results in a TO or a lazy pass. Pierce usually is trying to make something happen with his passes that turn in to a turn over. Garnett TO's were were just terrible to me. He was not making a move and getting stripped, just horrible passes. I guess I can give him a pass this game as he has been outstanding for the most part.

I don't understand why we didn't go to Pierce more at the end of the game. He was very productive, his shot was going, but wasn't getting touches. Of course they doubled him and Garnett the whole game and will continue to do so. Doc better figure out what to do when that happens. Not so sure I like RR pumping up three pointers either. He has hit a couple but that is definetly not his strong suit. Someone else pointed out that when he pushes the ball better things happen. I couldn't agree more. Seems like when we get a lead he wants to slow it down. I can't stand that pounding the ball in the ground until we have to force a shot. Get the ball in the front court ASAP and it gives you more time to get a good shot. OK I am venting. Still fuming two days later.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 am

Having two of your players double-teamed simultaneously should be relatively easy to deal with. Theoretically, that leaves one player to defend three. Of course, the Sixers are using their quickness to JUMP into and out of double teams. But, if the floor is spread correctly, Philly should find it more difficult to jump to another man when the ball is swung.

I believe that lack of spreading the floor may be the Celtics' number one problem right now because, without Ray as a staple in the lineup, they don't have the personnel to do it well. Yes, I know that Bradley, Pietrus and Dooling can hit an occasional three, but I'm sure Philly is happy to let those three fire away from the arc because the odds favor Philly when they do. Pierce has been the Celtics' biggest three-point thread throughout the series, but he's one of the players who is getting doubled.

I know that some people are down on Ray because he's been burned on the defensive end and isn't taking many shots. But one problem with his playing with the bench is that, unless Rondo is out there with him, there's no one who can get him the ball. I don't know what his physical condition really is right now. But, if he's going to play a limited number of minutes, I wonder if it wouldn't be better for him to start. At least, on his first shift, he'd be as fresh as he'll be all night. Moreover, he'd spread the floor and make it tougher for the 76ers to double both KG and Paul.

I'd actually rather see Paul split his minutes more between playing with the starters and playing with the bench, where he could act as a point forward and perhaps bring a little order to what has been a pretty anemic attack.

Just a thought.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon May 21, 2012 8:28 am

Not sure what the rest of you are feeling, but I am getting bad vibes about this game tonight. Hope I am wrong...but it just seems this is a classic set up for a big let down!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 21, 2012 8:46 am

Sam great post, if starting Ray would help AB be fresher later in the game, I'm all for that as hate hes playing with that shoulder and we need his speed to run with Rondo....we've got so many injuries, I actually think we need the good AB he just adds that speed dimension that we need, and good call on Pierce, when Rondo is resting we need Pierce to play point forward.

112288 I'm praying the extra day helped our old boyz and that they'll be fresher and faster.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon May 21, 2012 8:59 am

What about Moore? He is young and can run and shoot the day lights out of the ball. he is no more of a defensive liability then Ray Allen. The only difference, he can move quicker to get open the Ray.

I say give the guy a shot. It could also cause problems for Philly as they would not know how to guard him......leave him open and he'll start sinking them, Cover him, KG or Pierce are open.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 am

The Celtics are a terrible call at the end of game 2 away from being up 3-1, so I see no reason to panic.

They are clearly better than the Sixers and even if it goes 7 - the Celtics will pull this one out. Meanwhile, Indy and Mia are beating the daylights out of each other....which will bode well for the Eastern Conference Finals.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Mon May 21, 2012 10:57 am

I'm with you 112288, it's time to give not only Moore more playing time but also Pavlovic and Daniels. Doc can't keep shortening his playing roster for the playoffs just because it's the orthodox thing to do. Aside from Moore's assets listed by you, Pavlovic plays good defense, rebounds and Daniels is good cutting to the basket.

Quote from mrkleen09: Meanwhile, Indy and Mia are beating the daylights out of each other....which will bode well for the Eastern Conference Finals.

Excuse me, but isn't that just what the Celtics and Sixers are doing? At the least it's what the Sixers are doing to us.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 21, 2012 11:46 am

Sorry, fellas, but the Moore thing just isn't happening, barring an outbreak of cholera on the team. I realize there's a fascination with Moore because he has hit a few threes and he seems to possess a pretty good basketball IQ. But, unless there's an emergency, you don't pluck a playoff-untested kid out of the ranks and pit him against one of the best defensive teams in the league in a pressure-packed playoff game. Just two bad minutes (or even two do-nothing minutes) could be pivotal in Philly's favor.

I'm a big fan of Pavlovic and Daniels. Of the two, I think I'd rather see Sasha out there because—in addition to very good defense, a good body, his rebounding, and his court sense—he could help space the floor on offense and maybe even be on the receiving end of a couple of Rondo TD passes. I'd be delighted to see Sasha work on Iggy for 8-10 minutes a game, while Paul is getting rested for crunch time.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 21, 2012 1:01 pm

I totally agree Sam, there is no way we will see Moore, it just isn't in Doc
s game plan. Rookies just don't get that kind of opportunity unless the entire number of veteran players foul out!

I would love to see Sasha also, but....he was given a chance in one of these playoff games and just didn't do a thing. That puts him at the end of the bench just ahead of the rookies.

Myself, I wouldn't mind a few minutes of Sean Williams, he at least can rebound and block a shot here or there. I know it it far fetched, but I liked what I saw of this kid in the final games of the season.I know it is asking alot to trust someone who is new to the team, but....

The guard situation is worrisome, Bradley is a game time decision, Ray has been inconsistent, Dooling hasn't done what I thought he would do, where does that leave us? Daniels? Sasha? I would love to be a fly on the wall of the locker room listening to Doc just before game time.

I am concerned about this game, but I still feel they will prevail. Home crowd will get them going, now all we need is the "good Rondo" to come out and play his "A" game all will be well in Celticland!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Rosalie, in all of the angst we go through in big games such as this, I sometimes forget one important factor as we all conjecture about possible lineup changes, health contingencies, etc.

Like it or not, this team will rise or fall with the people who got them here. They'll watch the film. They'll learn from mistakes of the past. They'll get tape and message. Doc may or may not give them some kind of pep talk.

But, most of all, they'll collectively and individually reach back for that special something that gives great teams the ability to kick it into another speed when the going is tough. They may win, or they may lose, but they are proud veterans who know how to give their all; and I'm confident they'll give just that.

Some wise person, long ago, said that in NBA 7-game playoffs, Game 5 is the pivotal game more often than not. And I've found that to be true ever since.

I'll never forget the up close frightening image of those gray, menacing faces when the Celts came out of the runway for the second half of the Balloon Game. Here's hoping we'll see them with gray, menacing faces tonight.

Go Celtics!

Sam

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon May 21, 2012 1:29 pm

I disagree. What is the difference if Ray cannot play defense and shut down a Philly player due to lack of mobility, and who cannot get open due to his lack of mobility, or Moore misses an assignment or two defensively. The guy can run, he can jump better the Ray, and he can score. At 6'5" and a long reach can play some defense.

I say all hands on deck!!!!! At least give him a few minutes here or there to work him in.
The move to bring Daniels and Sasha in makes sense but they are spotty on scoring from outside. To make Rondo and KG effective, you need to space the floor. Philly is collapsing into the paint making KG and Rondo's work more difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon May 21, 2012 1:36 pm

The Celtics tonight very well could be at the crossroads. The Sixers already know they can win at the Garden so it will take a concerted 48 minute effort to get the job done. Lengthening the bench would benefit the effort with 'Quis, Sasha & Dooling getting extended minutes. We'll know about 9:30-9:45 pm how much was left in the tank. A loss would be catastrophic and send the national media scurrying for the undertakers to bury the C's. A win all but ensures a game 7 this Saturday night. Maybe both Eastern Conf. Series will go seven games. It's moving in that direction. If Rondo pounds anything tonight, I hope it has to do with cake and not basketballs.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next