INTERESTING - Noah, Deng May be Traded to Keep Others

+4
cowens/oldschool
sinus007
Sam
8 posters

Go down

INTERESTING - Noah, Deng May be Traded to Keep Others Empty INTERESTING - Noah, Deng May be Traded to Keep Others

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Noah, Deng May be Traded to Keep Others
June 24, 2012
The Bulls want to give Omer Asik and Taj Gibson new deals, so they’re exploring ways to trade Luol Deng and/or Joakim Noah to teams that can send them a trade exception and a No. 1 pick.

via Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News

Back to top Go down

INTERESTING - Noah, Deng May be Traded to Keep Others Empty Re: INTERESTING - Noah, Deng May be Traded to Keep Others

Post by Sam Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:28 pm

The two players on that team that I'd most like to be Celtics. How unrealistic is that? I'd have to switch from watching on tv to listening on the radio because I'm not sure I could stand a steady diet of Noah's kisser. Of course my guess is that the feeling would be mutual.

Nice to see another contending team that's somewhat hamstrung by salaries. Danny should have written a book called, "Deficit spending in the NBA."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

INTERESTING - Noah, Deng May be Traded to Keep Others Empty Re: INTERESTING - Noah, Deng May be Traded to Keep Others

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:59 pm

SAM,

In your area of the Cape can you give me names of some Top Inn's/Hotels.

Appreciate 112288

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi,
Yes, I'd would love to see Noah in green.
If KG comes back, can you imagine a more obnoxious and irritating (to opponents) duo in NBA. I'm not even mentioning rebounding and hustle.
Also, I think that Noah is one of those players who subscribes to the team first philosophy no matter who or what.

I'm not sure about Deng. Not because of his talents but because of him vs PP vs JG.

Oh well, season of wheeling and dealing has begun. Let's see what DA and Co. will bring onto Causeway Street.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 pm

In Boston at a family function, hangin with alot of cousins, my cousin Paul Liu, remember him? he just said the key to todays NBA is you have to overpay to sign/acquire a free agent and then dump/get rid of them after a few productive seasons before their contracts and worth are no longer valid to productive winning basketball.

Having said that I would love to see Noah and KG together, the only pieces I wouldn't touch to make it happen are KG, Rondo and AB, everyone else would be available to put this together.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Noah and KG genuinely don't like each other. That would be bizarre - and far-fetched (but not because of that) - for them to be teammates on the Celtics.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:21 pm

steve3344 wrote:Noah and KG genuinely don't like each other. That would be bizarre - and far-fetched (but not because of that) - for them to be teammates on the Celtics.

I've never subscribed to it making a difference as to who does or does not get along. However, if we could end up with Noah it would be OK to let KG go on his way to another team or retire.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:37 pm

ON NBA CHANNEL NOW 7:30-8:30 PM

INNER WORKINGS OF DRAFT/FREE AGENCY AND HOW TEAMS WORK WITH CAP ROUNDTABLE.

VERY INTERESTING DISCUSSION

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Noah has been the heart of that team. Deng is good at both ends. Unless the Bulls have a legit shot at Howard, this makes no sense to me.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Dboss,

I agree. I was stunned at even the possibility that the Bulls would cut their ties with either Noah or Deng. Given the choice (yeah, that'll happen) between the two, I'd prefer Noah for the Celtics. He has the full-court speed, the rebounding effort and acumen, and even a streak of meanness that translated not into dirty play but, rather, into an extreme desire to drive a stake into opponents' hearts when they're back on their heels. He's not a bad passer. He has legitimate length. And he even hits his freebies at a reasonable clip, as well as the occasional mid-range shot.

At 8' 8", Deng could make Green expendable as far as I'm concerned. Luol's an upgraded combination of offensive and defensive prowess that I hoped the Celtics would get when they signed Pietrus. I could see a rotation incorporating both him and Pierce, with Pierce moving to PG when Deng was in the game at SF.

Anyone, I've wasted enough on this pipedream. It was nice to have a small respite from the realities of this crazy time leading up to the draft.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Sam

Funny how a team can build a contender and them tweak it death.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:40 pm

I sent you an email off the board about Cape Cod. If you haven't received it, please let me know.

Best,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Dboss,

It seems as though it's a cycle, simple as ABC.

A Team builds a contender.

B All the players on the contender feel entitled to big bucks

C Team is hamstrung by financial constraints

It's a mystery to me why the Heat are one of the few teams with cap money to offer Ray more than the vet minimum. (I'm taking other people words on this. I didn't look it up myself because the financial aspect of pro ball bores me.)

This is one of the main reasons (if not THE main reason) why the Celtics' record of eight consecutive championships will never be broken. They weren't subject to cap and other regulatory constraints and could offer players raises as high as $25,000 a year or more if they need to. Imagine a pay raise of that magnitude in just a year!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Got it Sam. Thanks! I sent you a reply on your private email account.

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 pm

sam wrote:Dboss,

It seems as though it's a cycle, simple as ABC.

A Team builds a contender.

B All the players on the contender feel entitled to big bucks

C Team is hamstrung by financial constraints

It's a mystery to me why the Heat are one of the few teams with cap money to offer Ray more than the vet minimum. (I'm taking other people words on this. I didn't look it up myself because the financial aspect of pro ball bores me.)

This is one of the main reasons (if not THE main reason) why the Celtics' record of eight consecutive championships will never be broken. They weren't subject to cap and other regulatory constraints and could offer players raises as high as $25,000 a year or more if they need to. Imagine a pay raise of that magnitude in just a year!

Sam

Sam,

The most the Heat can offer Ray is a contract starting at $3.09m.
If they can get an injury exception for Mike Miller, then they could offer Ray more money.

TAXPAYER MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only when a team is above the "apron" (i.e., with a team salary $4 million or more above the tax line). This determination is made after the exception is used, so a team below the apron must use this exception rather than the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception if doing so takes them above the apron. This exception cannot be used if the team has already used the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or the Room Mid-Level exception. Starting in 2013-14, it cannot be used if the team has received a player that season in a sign-and-trade transaction (see question number 88).

This exception allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract with a starting salary up to the following amounts:

Season First-year salary
2011-12 $3.000 million
2012-13 $3.090 million
2013-14 $3.183 million
2014-15 $3.278 million
2015-16 $3.376 million
2016-17 $3.477 million
2017-18 $3.581 million
2018-19 $3.688 million
2019-20 $3.799 million
2020-21 $3.913 million

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks, TJ.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down