mrkleen09
worcester
rickdavisakaspike
KennCelt
Matty
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Official Stay Home Ray Allen thread Empty The Official Stay Home Ray Allen thread

Post by Matty Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:27 pm

2 yrs and 12 mill... double what Miami can offer..

please Ray, stay home!

Rosalie, thought u'd like this! Wink
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

The Official Stay Home Ray Allen thread Empty Re: The Official Stay Home Ray Allen thread

Post by KennCelt Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:42 pm

A counter offer. 3 years, 12 million. 6/4/2. He is worth his most to the team in the first year, but will have diminishing returns. Or maybe 5/5/2 to help save space this year for another signing. His 3rd year is smaller, but so too will be his contribution by then. I want him on the team, but without slowing the team's rebuilding. He should, in my opinion, retire as a Celtic. He's been a great player and, seemingly, class act.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

The Official Stay Home Ray Allen thread Empty Re: The Official Stay Home Ray Allen thread

Post by rickdavisakaspike Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:04 pm

With Ray and KG, the team gets contributions off the court as well as on. The younger players, the smart ones anyway, watch them, listen, and mold their approach to the sport based on what they see, hear and absorb from their future hall of fame teammates.

How much is that particular intangible worth? A third year? Danny in the past has been penny wise but pound foolish (e.g., Kendrick Perkins). He should remember that Memphis probably wants Ray as much for what he can teach the youngsers as for what he can do in games. That's why the Celtics need him back. He's a treasure. And if he should continue with ths late-career switch to the sixth man role, what a selfless example he sets.

Havlicek thought that Red's approach of grooming players by having them serve as understudies was one of the reasons the team was able to withstand the losses of Cousy and Sharman and Tommy and the rest. Astute talent evaluation and luck had plenty to do with it as well.

Havlicek played behind Ramsey for a couple of years and learned so much that he gushed about Ramsey in later years. (One of the things Ramsey taught him was how to flop - ooops.)

Imagine what Ray can show Bradley and Moore and the others over the next 2 or 3 years. I wish he could get along with Rondo but he should understand that nobody gets along with Rondo. Not to forget that the grass always seems greener on the other side.

Stay Ray stay.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 am

i've found twice now articules suggesting that Ray leaves Boston for Miami.. this one comes from the Hearlad as of this morning..

now as you read it, you'll see that after thursdays meeting with Miami, that the writer now feels that while its between Boston and Miami, Miami has a better than 50-50 chance of landing Ray..

anyone, please, show my a reason from whats written that suggests Ray now has more likelyhood of going to Miami over staying home:

HEAT THINKS IT HAS EDGE TO SIGN RAY ALLEN: No political proclamation needed, the Heat declared yesterday Ray Allen Day in Miami, wooing the visiting former Celtics guard with a three-year offer of about $9.3 million, championship talk and a hard sell on the Heat as "family." The latter is not to be underestimated, as Allen's fractured relationship with Rajon Rondo is one reason he is considering leaving Beantown. Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra headed the local wooing party, and the three were later met by other Heat officials over dinner at downtown's pricey Il Gabbiano, where you cannot go wrong with the Costoletta alla Valdostana (chop stuffed with pate' foie gras, prosciutto and sauteed wild mushrooms) for $45.75. Stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade already have reached out to Allen, more of the welcoming family strategy that Miami thinks gives it an edge. Wade on Wednesday Tweeted, 2Morrow is a big day for #HeatNation. James reTweeted that, adding, Absolutely!! #HeatNation Stand Up. James had earlier Tweeted, I hope so, in response to his son asking him if Allen would join the Heat, and also previously Tweeted a photo of Allen in a Heat uniform. Allen is Miami's main free-agent target. He'd be the top guard off the bench and a perimeter shooter from 3'sville. Riley is one of the NBA's great closers but in this case Miami has only $3.1 million per year to offer and Allen is being offered $12 million over two years by Boston. Heat can offer the best chance at a championship ring, but Allen already has one of those. Miami's chances improved Thursday when the competing L.A. Clippers dropped from the Ray-A race. Now it's between Miami and Boston. I see it a close call but perhaps now better than 50-50 that Miami lands him. Meanwhile Rashard Lewis is visiting the Heat this weekend and would become the club's prime free-agent target if Allen chooses green -- uniform color, and money.

- Greg Cote, Miami Herald

Ok the Heat are supposedly a "Family" pfffh.. The Heat are a foster home compared to the Celtics.

Riley is a "great closer.." Danny Ainge did happen to get KG to come to Boston, and Keep PP around back when it was tough going, land one of the top 2 coaches in the league- Danny is no slouch when it comes to making things happen himself..

Ray Allen doesnt get along with Rondo.. Does Rondo even get along with Rondo?

they bought him a $48.00 meal.. eh, i;ve spent $125 on a girs dinner and didnt even get to first base that night...

Other than the Rondo deal ray isnt happy about thaving been offered up in trade deals.. but that happens in the basketball buisness

Boston can offer more money

Boston has a very good shot at playing for a title next yr, If our team had been healthy, Green, Wilcox, Oneil, Bradley and..... Ray Allen Boston would have number 18.

playing for Doc vs playing for erik spatula.. the diffrence there is like eating a $48.00 meal or getting a happy meal from mcdonalds

legacy: finnish up with Paul and KG with as good a shot at a title as Miami, or see if the grass is really greener on the other side playing 2nd fiddle to some egomaniacs...

Be a Celtic, or take your talents to south beach..

I see no reason why the odds would have tilted in Miami's favor. Anyone able to enlighten me?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:30 am

Hey, let's all say today 'Pray Ray Stays!"
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:49 am

worcester wrote:Hey, let's all say today 'Pray Ray Stays!"

'Pray Ray Stays!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:15 pm

After playing here - and seeing just how little heart that team in Miami has in big games - seeing how little the fans down there care - seeing what a mediocre coach Spolstra is - if Ray still choose to go play in south beach - he is not as smart as I once thought.

Not a good fit for him....not a good coach for him....team full of prima donnas - all around BAD DECISION for Ray.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Not gonna loose any sleep either way, sure it would be nice, but to make any offer beyond 2 years is crazy and with a no trade??? Not sure about that.

Not saying RA is Posey by a LONG (3 point) SHOT, but I seem to remember that the C's offered a reasonable 3 yr deal to JP.......... Posey wanted 4, found it and took it. And I believe last year was year 3 of that deal and this is year 4. And where the heck is he now anyway.... pumping gas??

Right call was made then and I believe DA will make the right call here too.

Obviously RA would make our team deeper no matter what role as a SG. Starter or finisher whatever, his minutes will be such that he should be able to stay fresh and be effective offensively.

Also think the issue with Rondo is much ado about nothing. Like someone said can Rondo even get along with Rondo??

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:34 pm

I think that, for the most part, Ray is just checking out his options as a free agent.

The media likes to turn non-news items like this into something that it isn't. It creates faux-controversy, which fuels the twitter-verse, blogs and boards like this. Of course, IMO.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:57 pm

I check every web site just hoping for a sign that Ray is even thinking of staying. All I read is that Miami has the edge and THAT upsets me more than anything. How can Boston NOT have the edge here, they brought him here and gave him the opportunity to win that ring he so wanted. Now, they have supposedly opened up and given him what ever he wanted, including a NO Trade clause. Still, I read Miami has the edge. It is a bit discouraging. I love the guy, but, I AM A CELTIC. If he chooses to go, I will be sad, but my devotion to the Celtics will get me through it all.

Kind of dramatic, huh???? Am I a nut or what??????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:05 pm

beat wrote:Not gonna loose any sleep either way, sure it would be nice, but to make any offer beyond 2 years is crazy and with a no trade??? Not sure about that.

Not saying RA is Posey by a LONG (3 point) SHOT, but I seem to remember that the C's offered a reasonable 3 yr deal to JP.......... Posey wanted 4, found it and took it. And I believe last year was year 3 of that deal and this is year 4. And where the heck is he now anyway.... pumping gas??

Right call was made then and I believe DA will make the right call here too.

Obviously RA would make our team deeper no matter what role as a SG. Starter or finisher whatever, his minutes will be such that he should be able to stay fresh and be effective offensively.

Also think the issue with Rondo is much ado about nothing. Like someone said can Rondo even get along with Rondo??

beat

PS as far as my Posey reference last year was the 4th year if that deal. As far as I can find Posey was released by indiana in the 3rd year of the contract and did not play last year.

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:23 pm

It would be sad as I view RA as the consumate Celtic. If he chooses to move on after being given a good deal then I guess he wasn't as much of a Celtic as I thought he was. I am not, as most of the rest of you are neither, privy to what is really going on. If we ever hear the real story of what is happening between Ray and the Celtic organization. It may not look at all like we see it currently. Bottom line, I hope RA commits soon and to the Celtics.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:28 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I check every web site just hoping for a sign that Ray is even thinking of staying. All I read is that Miami has the edge and THAT upsets me more than anything. How can Boston NOT have the edge here, they brought him here and gave him the opportunity to win that ring he so wanted. Now, they have supposedly opened up and given him what ever he wanted, including a NO Trade clause. Still, I read Miami has the edge. It is a bit discouraging. I love the guy, but, I AM A CELTIC. If he chooses to go, I will be sad, but my devotion to the Celtics will get me through it all.

Kind of dramatic, huh???? Am I a nut or what??????????
Rosalie,

If it comes to that, I think your approach is a correct one, but I wouldn't resign as president of the Ray Allen Fan Club just yet.

As you point out, it doesn't make sense to say that Miami has the edge when, if he signs with Boston:

• He could earn more money
• He could have more playing time
• He doesn't have to move
• He doesn't have to learn a new system
• He reportedly won't have to worry about being dangled as trade bait

Having personalities clash in a locker room (or any workplace) is commonplace, and Ray seems like the ultimate professional who can deal with it as well as anyone. He could have an issue with someone in Miami just like he's had with Rondo in Boston. Unless the issue with Rondo is a deal-breaker, I don't understand any advantage for Miami.

Pat Riley is a great closer? It seems like the players' relationship with Doc is stronger than an inspirational pitch at a meeting.

Ray is only being smart by checking out his options, but with the Clippers out, Memphis fallen by the wayside, and apparently no one besides Miami out there, it seems like Boston has the edge. We'll see.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 pm

I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF HE CALLS ME!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Hey Rosalie

think you need a little smile,or a laugh

so here is a little story for you.....

I was walking by the mental hospital the other day, I heard the patients shouting 13! 13! 13! 13!
The fence was so high I could not se over it to find out what all the fuss was about.
I did spot a small gap between the planks so I decided to have a look see as to what was going on...
Just as I looked someone poked me in the eye wuth a stick!

they then started yelling 14!14!14!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:58 pm

THANKS BEAT, YOU DID A GOOD JOB, I LAUGHED HARD AT THAT ONE!!!!!

What would I do without all you guys telling me like it really is and trying to not wear my heart on my sleeve!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Matty,

You spent $125 and didn't even get to first base?

I keep telling you, the potato goes in the FRONT of the Speedo.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:45 pm

sam wrote:Matty,

You spent $125 and didn't even get to first base?

I keep telling you, the potato goes in the FRONT of the Speedo.

Sam

OUCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 pm

At our age Sam, that might be a mashed potato.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:25 pm

No way Ray leaves us. He went on his blind date, checked out the hype and decided not to sign. My guess is that we should have an answer in 24 hours so that the Heat can move on.

No one on the heat can pass him the rock like Rondo can.

So why bite the hand that feeds you.

100% convinced Ray stays put.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm

dboss wrote:No way Ray leaves us. He went on his blind date, checked out the hype and decided not to sign. My guess is that we should have an answer in 24 hours so that the Heat can move on.

No one on the heat can pass him the rock like Rondo can.

So why bite the hand that feeds you.

100% convinced Ray stays put.

Dboss

And less than an hour later...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 am

Well-he left Boston and took the pieces of my heart that he broke and off he is to South Beach. I don't know why, there is more to this story than we will probably ever know. The only thing worse would have been if he went to the Lakers. I just don't believe he is gone, but, after all these years of watching basketball I have realized one thing, no one is irreplaceable. So, we move ahead, don't look back, and see who is out there to replace him. Thanks for 5 great years Ray, I am disappointed that I will never see your number raised to the rafters with Paul and KG. It would have been wonderful.

So.....who do we go after now??????? Too bad Nick Young has an agreement with Phillie. Lou Williams??? Does he play defense? Too expensive?? I just don't know how many good guards are out there, too bad this drama dragged on.

Go Celtics

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:47 am

Dooling or Pietrus will be back, Pietrus was on a bad wheel the whole year and his neck injury didn't help, if he can get healthy he is a much better defender than Ray and hopefully he can get his 3 point stroke back.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:03 am

Too bad. Maybe we'll find out his reasoning at some point.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:52 am

Less money. More minutes. ???
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next