Sam
bobheckler
Matty
RosalieTCeltics
8 posters

Go down

christmas and smith cut Empty christmas and smith cut

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Guess that goes to show you how much I know, huh Bob???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

christmas and smith cut Empty Re: christmas and smith cut

Post by Matty Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm

just saw this on another site, does this mean we now have room for scalabrine?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Rosalie,

We're in the same boat. I just said this morning that he'd make my "make" list.

What a surprise. Smith? No, but Christmas? Yes.

So that means Downs survived? Kurz is still here too?

"Stranger and stranger" said Alice.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Must be to have bodies for practice? Tanquay on CSNNE.com says that Joseph has made the team. Those two guys will be gone soon, I think. Then again, what do I know.

Sam, there goes my pipeline to Danny and Doc!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Wow, guys, that's a real shocker to me. I wonder if there's any chance they'll sign with the Lobsters.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok so Joseph is a true small forward so I can see why they kept him.

Smith was not impressive and xmas came early this year but has not been delivering since.

Door wide open to get a veteran bu pg
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:37 pm

dboss wrote:

... xmas came early this year but has not been delivering since.

Best line of the day!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:44 am

NYCelt,

Have you had the procedure on your knee yet; and, if so, how did it go?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Sam,

It's scheduled for the 29th. The football team made the playoffs and we're in the semi's this Sunday. If we get there the championship is the 28th so I scheduled it for the next day.

The head coach tearing a meniscus is still something my assistants are all riding me about; I'm getting no sympathy there!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:09 pm

NYCelt,

It should be a breeze, with the arthroscopic techniques they have today. But it is a medical procedure, and Sally and I wish you all the best.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Danny often releases players who won't make the team earlier than necessary so they will have a chance to catch on somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in the release of Christmas.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks Sam, and Sally too.

Pretty quick stuff; in and out in about 30 minutes. Nothing like the rebuilds I had years back. Back to normal fast. I'll still get stuck storing away all the patio furniture for winter!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm

As James Brown said

Get in the good foot
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Now that the Celtics have cut two potential backup point guards (I'm being generous to Smith here), the question is "who might they bring in?"

As TJ pointed out, Bleacher Report isn't exactly The Holy Grail of basketball reporting, but they are listing some of the options available.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1374099-boston-celtics-possible-free-agent-targets-to-backup-rajon-rondo

1. Derek Fisher - 38 years old, but a solid veteran and leader. A 38 year old and a 35 year old backcourt? Maybe too old.
2. Mike Bibby (I'm feeling a little ill just thinking about this). If Blatche wasn't coming here because of KG, Bibby isn't coming here because of Rondo.
3. Jonny Flynn - Hmmm. He's in Pistons camp and the word is he's as good as gone. Only 22, decent assist-TO ratio.
4. Leandro Barbosa - Does he have anything left?
5. Gilbert Arenas - agent 0 is pretty much that now. Averaged 12mpg last year with Memphis. 40%fg%, 1.1apg, .7TOpg.
6. Tu Holloway - undrafted out of Xavier. Are they kidding?

How about Carlos Arroyo? He wasn't that bad and he showed up mid-season. What if he had a full season with us?

How about Acie Law? He's in Greece, could he be bought out? His performance has fallen off, but he did well for Denver when he started.

How about Earl Boykins for comedy relief? I have no idea how this 5'5" guy does it, but he's been doing it for 12 years. Good free throw shooter, great ballhandler. Won't get his pocket picked unless the defender is lying on his stomach.

The Lakers have 4 point guards on their roster now: Nash, Blake, Duhon and Morris. Nash and Blake are almost certainly safe. Morris is a 2nd year player who is cheap and the Lakers' payroll is off the charts. Duhon might get cut. I don't know if we can afford him ($3.7M this year, $3.9M next) but I'd take him. Not a great scorer but a decent defender and a good 2:1 assist-TO ratio.

Jeremy (brother of Jannero) Pargo is working out for Byron Scott in Cleveland. They have Irving (injured), Donald Sloan (who finished the year for Scott), Dion Waiters and Pargo. The rumors are that Pargo and Sloan are battling for one spot. Sloan has the better assist-TO ratio but is an inferior shooter. I'd take either one.

FWIW, our old friend Orien Greene (remember him?) is now in camp with Milwaukee.

Thanks for the head start, Bleacher Report. Too bad you stopped halfway and one of them is an undrafted, unemployed rookie.

My point here is that there are lots of options coming up as final camp cuts are made.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:Danny often releases players who won't make the team earlier than necessary so they will have a chance to catch on somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in the release of Christmas.

mulcogiseng,

That is my guess for Christmas and Smith. They can now look for other opportunities either in the NBA or in Europe, China etc.

Joseph will make the team (IMO).

Kurz and Downs are (IMO) headed for Maine, so there is no great hurry for them to be released, rather it is kind of a bonus for them to stay with the varsity team for now.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Having the option of a "minor league" team so close is a great asset to the Celtics. In my opinion, this should happen more so that if and when a player goes down they are able to call on a guy who can be there in two to three hours. It is a great way for young players to at least have a shot at the NBA possibly. Sending Melo up to Portland, ME is no great shakes. He can practice a few days a week with the big club under the eye of KG, and still play in a game at night. I know it is an expense for some teams but forming a combine of sorts would be great.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down