Ray Allen Needs to Stop Talking About the Boston Celtics and Move on

+3
pete
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Ray Allen Needs to Stop Talking About the Boston Celtics and Move on  Empty Ray Allen Needs to Stop Talking About the Boston Celtics and Move on

Post by 112288 Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 pm

BLEACHER REPORT
By Matthew Schmidt (Featured Columnist)

Another day, another comment from Miami Heat guard Ray Allen about his former team, the Boston Celtics.

First, it was Allen saying the Celtics didn't put a good enough contract offer on the table for him, citing that as a primary reason as to why he left. Allen also said that the fans shouldn't boo him, but that they should instead boo the C's organization.

But wait; there's more.

Two days later, Allen got a little more candid about his situation with Rajon Rondo, even essentially blaming Rondo's relationship with Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge as to why they were both shopped to the Phoenix Suns in 2009 (but wait, Ray; I thought you were so bitter about being shopped? So they shopped you and Rondo in the same trade? Rondo doesn't seem to have any problem with that, does he?).

Well, here are two words for you Ray: Shut up.

The season starts in a week-and-a-half. The Celtics have moved on. The fact that they went out and landed Courtney Lee after Allen signed with the Heat is concrete evidence of that. Considering you are now a member, Miami, you should move on, too.

I'm not sure if Allen understands that no one really cares about what he has to say anymore. He is no longer in Boston. He hasn't been in Boston for three-and-a-half months. The C's are very happy with their current group of guys. Everyone seems to get along swimmingly, with newcomers like Lee and Jason Terry fitting right into the "Ubuntu" concept and guys like Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox bringing hope to all by each making their way back from injury. Ray is now a thing of the past.

Happy in Miami, Ray? Cool. Then stop talking.

Yet, Allen still feels the need to voice his displeasure toward the franchise. Are you happy in Miami, Ray? Well if you are, then why are you still talking? Talk to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Go over schemes and strategy with Erik Spoelstra. Go out to dinner with Pat Riley. Don't talk to the media about Rajon Rondo, and don't tell Celtics fans they should boo a franchise that has won 17 championships.

It is no secret that Boston fans were angry with Allen when he signed with the Heat, but that was a long time ago. Those who support the team are much more concerned with the development of Jared Sullinger and how Avery Bradley's recovery from shoulder surgery is going than Allen's feelings. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

Also, when Keyon Dooling, a well-known class act, of all people, is throwing subtle shots at you, you know you've messed up somewhere. Of course, Dooling, being the nice guy that he is, sugarcoated his comments, but he said that Allen did not know how to communicate with Rondo the way veterans like Kevin Garnett and himself did. Now Rondo is no angel, but it sure sounds like Ray wasn't some innocent Boy Scout here. Allen will say whatever he wants, but there are two sides to every story.

And notice how you haven't heard a peep out of Rondo about his relationship with Allen. Why? Because he doesn't care. All he cares about is winning. Meanwhile, Allen is clearly caught up in personal vendettas. That's not to say that the all-time three-point leader doesn't want to win, but there are clearly other factors at play in that enigmatic mind of his.

Allen spent five years in Boston. He won a title there. Sure, he may have been shopped around, but so was Rondo, several times. So was Paul Pierce. Heck, even K.G. was included in a potential trade. Stop complaining and be grateful you had the opportunity to play for such a fine organization.

Ray, you left for a team that is currently the Celtics' biggest rival. The fans aren't going to show you any sympathy. Rondo doesn't care what you have to say.

So do the wise thing and just stop talking. You're making yourself look more and more foolish and bitter by the day.

Back to top Go down

Ray Allen Needs to Stop Talking About the Boston Celtics and Move on  Empty Re: Ray Allen Needs to Stop Talking About the Boston Celtics and Move on

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:43 pm

In an article in the 10/29 Boston Herald, Ray Allen admits he asked for $9M/year from the Celtics. They offered him $6M/year for 2 years and a no-trade clause. He accepted a fraction of this amount and no no-trade clause to go to Miami.

I know, it's time to let this go, but it blows my mind that he knew that KG was taking $10M/year, down from $19M, but he thought he should only take a $1M haircut (from $10M down to $9M) when he's older than KG, missed a bunch of games with bad ankles (which were going to need surgery in the off season) and not the defensive heart of a defensive team.

Ray Allen has become the face of self-delusion. He says we need to move on, but he keeps talking.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Ray Allen Needs to Stop Talking About the Boston Celtics and Move on  Empty Re: Ray Allen Needs to Stop Talking About the Boston Celtics and Move on

Post by pete Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Bob,

I agree with your assessment. Too bad, but time to settle this on the court!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Ray who?

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Read Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. Media has been protecting Ray and his image. Seems everyone is getting tired of a new story every week. Keep your mouth shut Ray and let your playing do your talking. Sounds like a guy who misses Boston to me, and is afraid his image has taken a real hit. He is a HOF without a home.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 pm

This all really comes as a surprise to me. Of course I had no delusions and knew Ray had an ego, but I always considered him a man of character and a smart guy. But a smart guy would know to lay low and keep his mouth shut after a trade like this. Maybe things will get better with time, but it sure doesn't seem like he's helping his cause now.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Truly the story that won't go away, being helped by a huge pre-game press to push up TV ratings tonight.

Ultimately it will all be forgotten and Ray will be primarily remembered as a Celtic and a key to the team's resurgence and banner 17.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down