Luke Walton Possibly Out for Six Weeks

5 posters

Go down

Luke Walton Possibly Out for Six Weeks Empty Luke Walton Possibly Out for Six Weeks

Post by Sam Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:01 am

Apparently Luke Walton may be out for six weeks with pinched nerves. While I frankly don't think he's been all that productive for the Lakers this season, Lakers fans must be feeling very much like Celtics fans did last season...a sort of "What Next? mentality.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/11/luke-walton-out-a-minimum-of-six-weeks.html

Here's a "get well soon" message to Lakers fans for your team. We want them at full strength.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Luke Walton Possibly Out for Six Weeks Empty Re: Luke Walton Possibly Out for Six Weeks

Post by David14 Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:10 am

Sam, Luke Walton is a very good person with a Dad who stubbornly has remained a loyal Celtics family member and fan despite Luke's place with the Lakers. Luke has stated many times its always an awkward moment at Walton get-togethers when the Celtics v Lakers rivalry comes up. The injury will set Luke back with his career for which I wish it never happened. On the other hand, I hope Luke's loss contributes to many more humbling loses for a team that Los Angeles has already awarded the 2010 championship. I know a number of the Celtics fans hope to play the Lakers in the championship series, however I am one that wishes them good health, many losses, and a failure to make the finals, if not a failure to make it out of the first round. I am saddened for a good person in Luke.

By the way Bobc and Mic, Luke is inseparable from his dog. There have been some great Luke/dog loving stories.

Take care,
David

Last edited by David14 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Luke Walton Possibly Out for Six Weeks Empty Re: Luke Walton Possibly Out for Six Weeks

Post by beat Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:13 am

Sam

Here is a Laker response to the "injury".

The Lakers are in deep DEEEEP trouble. Who's going to miss the wide open shots now? Who's going to try to force the pass while being ignored by defenses now? Who's going to shoot a 3 foot open shot and miss it 3 feet wide now? Who's going to choke when the pressure is on now? Somebody better step up for the huge void that Luke has left. Like everyone on this blog says, Luke Walton is the "glue" that brings this team together. This team is going to fall apart without Luke's glue.

MY COMMENT

These guys on the left coast have some humor anyway!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:34 pm

The Laker bench might be the worst in the league. #30 out of 30. Can't say I've done the research, but I gotta believe they wouldn't be 7-3 if their bench wasn't soooo unproductive. That said, I'm not sure losing Walton will hurt that much. Missing an empty uniform isn't that much of a loss, is it?

So, with Walton out, Artest doesn't have a backup unless 6'4" Shannon Brown is tried at the 3-spot. Sasha's f-ing useless, so Kobe doesn't really have a backup either despite needing one because of his groin pull. Farmar has regressed (too bad, I liked him. I liked Walton too, just not this year). If Phil sits Farmar and makes Brown D-Fish's #1 backup, then the Lakers are really, really thin at just about every position. Phil will run his starters into the floor and that isn't what they need.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Living here in Az I have to say Im sorry that Luke is injured. I can't believe Sam is quoting faker fans. next time quote someone who knows something, eh? lol Luke is a solid player but never has been a star type of player. I could care less if the fakers make the playoffs or are in the finals again. But I do care about my UofA players, even Bibby lol
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down