BloodRunsGreen
gacracker
bobc33
Sam
gyso
NYCelt
14 posters

Go down

Favorite snack while watching the game? Empty Favorite snack while watching the game?

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Yeah that's right. The real stuff.

This is not the thread for debate on a nine-man rotation versus a five-man second unit or who runs the most effective back-screen.

What do you like to munch on while watching the Celtics?

For me it's beer and pretzels. To be specific a cold Harpoon IPA and Snyder's pretzel sticks.

Your preference?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Favorite snack while watching the game? Empty Re: Favorite snack while watching the game?

Post by gyso Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:54 pm

NTCelt,

Who's got time for pretzels? I do enjoy a cold Sam Adams Irish Red or two while watching the game.

I did get into the habit of steaming up a couple pounds of clams (in beer) with a cold Sammy or two while watching the Patriots last year. They only play once a week, so it's doable.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Favorite snack while watching the game? Empty Re: Favorite snack while watching the game?

Post by Sam Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm too busy keeping track of the game-on contest, making notes for the post-game thread, keeping odd stats, posting on that thread, and fending off the cat who's trying to sleep on my computer. And lately my mouth is busy screaming at the lethargy. So periodically, my wife shoves some string cheese up my nostrils. That keeps me going, but it makes me scream like Daffy Duck.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:30 pm

I usually eat Weight Watcher ice cream sandwiches (4 of them, which defeats the purpose) while thinking about real authentic cheesecake.

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Blue Bell's Mocha Madness Ice Cream. I can eat a full half gallon per game... unless the C's are playing poorly and I lose my appetite for I/C or anything else. I nuke it in the microwave to pre-melt it into a soft, yummy, piggy mess so that it slides down. pig pig pig

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodRunsGreen Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:50 pm

Chips, salsa, Corona with lime. Favorite snack while watching the game? Icon_biggrin
BloodRunsGreen
BloodRunsGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:59 pm

bobc33 wrote:I usually eat Weight Watcher ice cream sandwiches (4 of them, which defeats the purpose) while thinking about real authentic cheesecake.

Bob,

As we should all recall; "cheescake" was the favorite rallying cry of last years Game On! threads.

This, of course, was usually first sounded by you or sometimes Cowens.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:34 am

Cuba libre (clear rum with Coke) and the rum has got to be DON Q. With some mortadella, and Edam cheese holandes. I guess that's how you say queso de bola, the red ball of cheese, and some GO CELTICS.
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 am

pizza & red wine, or beer
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 am

Big bowl of buttered popcorn, (make that 2 as I always have to share with the human popcorn eating machine........no it isn't Marcus.)
And as I really don't drink alcohol much and certainly not any in the house, a icy Dr Pepper is good!

That gets me thru the first quarter.

Repeat process 3 more times. 2 if tired.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:29 am

Hey Beat, how's the human popcorn machine doing?
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:49 am

Sam

Wife is doing fine actually. She's able to plow the back forty now and needs no break!!!

All kiding aside she is tough and doing well considering all right now.

as for the popcorn...... We do go thru a bunch of the stull, microwave variety of course!

Replied to your email a bit ago too.

beat

Last edited by beat on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:39 am

NYCelt wrote:
bobc33 wrote:I usually eat Weight Watcher ice cream sandwiches (4 of them, which defeats the purpose) while thinking about real authentic cheesecake.

Bob,

As we should all recall; "cheescake" was the favorite rallying cry of last years Game On! threads.

This, of course, was usually first sounded by you or sometimes Cowens.

Regards

Funny thread at that time I was into cheescake and was because was amazed I could get Juniors Cheesecake,NYC's best in supermarkets in Jersey,that blew my mind that they had gotten so mainstream and its still the best cheesecake I can find,sure will be eating some Juniors over the holidays......lately been eating Ruffles with humus,somehow it works.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:50 am

I usually eat a couple of cups of Yoplait Light, Fat Free Yogurt with a 20 OZ. Diet Doctor Pepper-Trust me, it makes me a doctor, and I don't have to watch Fox for "House" (in this case not Eddie, we're not dealing in three's) calls!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Usually some Estonian beer and then depending on the mood either carrots or some classic snacks like peanuts or chips.

I like the satisfying crunch of the carrots (learned it from parents dog?).

Oh yeah and "Kohuke", a local thing. It is like an ice cream bar kind of but it is filled with sweetened/flavoured quark instead of ice cream.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:45 pm

NYCelt wrote:Yeah that's right. The real stuff.

This is not the thread for debate on a nine-man rotation versus a five-man second unit or who runs the most effective back-screen.

What do you like to munch on while watching the Celtics?

For me it's beer and pretzels. To be specific a cold Harpoon IPA and Snyder's pretzel sticks.

Your preference?
I loved the Celtic's favorite snack...in the finals 2 years ago, game 6. The Lakers.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:58 am

Diet Coke and whatever's not growing mold on it in the fridge...

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down