Doc Rivers says Carmelo Anthony is to blame; he 'did something crazy'

+2
Outside
6 posters

Go down

Doc Rivers says Carmelo Anthony is to blame; he 'did something crazy' Empty Doc Rivers says Carmelo Anthony is to blame; he 'did something crazy'

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:52 am

YA GOTTA LOVE KG.............BY GETTING MELO OUT OF HIS GAME IT COST THE KNICKS TO LOSE AT MSG............MELO A 1 GAME SUSPENSION .......AND A LOSS OF $175,000 AND WITH HIM OUT OF THE LINEUP LAST NIGHT.......ANOTHER LOSS AGAINST INDY LAST NIGHT

By AL IANNAZZONE al.iannazzone@newsday.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Carmelo Anthony "did something crazy" Monday night, and that Kevin Garnett never uttered the things that reportedly set off Anthony.
The Knicks forward became incensed after Garnett reportedly made derogatory remarks about his wife, LaLa, in the fourth quarter of Monday's loss. Afterward, he confronted Garnett outside the Celtics' locker room and then the team bus, which led to Anthony's suspension for Thursday night's game against the Pacers.

Anthony wouldn't address the reports on Tuesday about what Garnett said, and Garnett hasn't spoken to the media the past few days. But Rivers defended Garnett during a radio interview on WEEI in Boston on Thursday.
"I know what's been reported did not happen," Rivers told the radio station. "I know that as a fact. Guys, you know how this works. A guy does something crazy like Carmelo did, and the way to get out of trouble is to say, 'Well, he said this.' It happens all the time, and what bugs me about this whole thing is this is not a Kevin Garnett issue. And it was made into one, and it shouldn't have been made into one."

Anthony wasn't available for comment Thursday. Mike Woodson said he told him to stay at the hotel and rest for Friday night's game against Chicago rather than attend Thursday's shootaround. Anthony also couldn't be in the arena during the game while serving the ban.

This isn't the first time Garnett allegedly has said things to get under an opponent's skin. Two years ago, Charlie Villanueva, who suffers from a skin condition, tweeted that Garnett called him "a cancer patient." Garnett denied saying that.
The day after his flare-up with Garnett, Anthony said he didn't think what he did warranted a suspension. The league disagreed. The fact that TMZ and other outlets had footage of Anthony outside the locker room and in the garage didn't help his case.
"Hey, that's their decision and we just got to move on," Woodson said. "There's not a whole lot we can do as an organization. They made the decision and we got to live with it." All of this should make for an interesting game when the Knicks visit Boston on Jan. 24.

Woodson started rookie Chris Copeland in Anthony's absence Thursday night. A well-rested Anthony will be back for Friday night's game against the Bulls in what should be another physical, heated contest.
When the Knicks and Bulls met Dec. 21 at the Garden, Anthony, Woodson, Tyson Chandler and Chicago's Joakim Noah were ejected. Noah and Chandler were thrown out for nearly fighting late in the Bulls' 110-106 victory.
As the playoff races heat up, there will be more trash-talking and more physical play. So the Knicks will have to find a way to keep their emotions in check.

"Part of the game," Jason Kidd said. "Emotion is what this game is built on, beside talent. Sometimes it gets the better of us. You have to learn from it, and I trust Melo will learn from this and we'll be all right."
Said Woodson, "You can't go back and get it. It's something that happened a few days ago in our arena. He's got to live with it and he'll rebound from it. Melo's a true pro. He'll bounce back."

Back to top Go down

Doc Rivers says Carmelo Anthony is to blame; he 'did something crazy' Empty Re: Doc Rivers says Carmelo Anthony is to blame; he 'did something crazy'

Post by Outside Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 am

Of course Carmelo is to blame for letting KG get under his skin and for taking it way past the confines of the game by trying to get to KG outside the locker room and by the team bus. But KG's not exactly dripping with class in the situation.

Doc's great, I love him, and he's defending his guy, but there's no way Doc knows what KG did or didn't say. KG is an acknowledged master of trash talking, and he found the perfect hot-button topic with Carmelo because (if I remember correctly) Carmelo and his wife are separated. Carmelo's at fault because he let himself get unhinged, but for Doc to suggest that KG didn't say anything strains credibility.

Doc actually didn't do KG any favors here. The spotlight was all on Carmelo losing his cool, and the best thing for everyone on the Celtics to do is lay low and not comment. By saying this, Doc put the spotlight back on KG.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Doc Rivers says Carmelo Anthony is to blame; he 'did something crazy' Empty Re: Doc Rivers says Carmelo Anthony is to blame; he 'did something crazy'

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:10 am

Outside

I beg to differ, even before this escapade I know a bunch of Knick fans that are so sick of Lala whatever her name is, shes a no talent attention whore goldigger and I'm sure Melo regrets the day he met her. She was at every home game in the front row with a film crew, oh really, like shes actually news worthy? what a joke. Its better someone with respect around the league says what was needed than Garnett himself, I like KG and am glad he was defended. Sam Mitchell on NBA TV also defended his friend.

Melo lost it years ago and threw a punch causing a brawl, after his sucker punch landed, all he did was backpeddle and run like the coward that he is.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:38 am

For anyone interested, here's Stephen Colbert with a different angle on the KG-Carmelo "Honey Nut Cheerios" thing. It starts around the 2:06 mark.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/422778/january-10-2013/tip-wag---hapifork---kevin-garnett
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:28 am

Outside,

I saw that on the Colbert Report. I DVR the Repor' and the Daily Show.

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

I was at Walmart last night and my daughter texted me and asked me to pick up Honey Nut Cheerios and Eye Liner....

I got a chuckle out of her cereal request. As an FYI, the sales of Honey Nut Cheerios seemed to be pretty high since there was more of almost every other cereal on the shelves.

As for the Eye Liner, I have never bought Eye Liner in my life and I don't think I have ever bought womens makeup. After 3 or 4 texts to my daughter while I was standing in the cosmetics aisle, I was able to find the Eye Liner she wanted.

I will probably continue to walk down the cereal aisle with a dumb smile on my face, due to KG's alleged comments...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 am

Wonder if Honey Nut Cheerios total sales are up after the quote. Would be interesting to know.

Companies might find a new way to advertise.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down