KG, Pierce Move Up in All-time Scoring List

2 posters

Go down

KG, Pierce Move Up in All-time Scoring List Empty KG, Pierce Move Up in All-time Scoring List

Post by rickdavisakaspike Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:41 pm

There’s some interesting competition involving KG and PP this year in the category of all-time points leaders.

At position number 17, Kevin Garnett, with 24,785 points, is going strong and moving up. He needs to, because at position number 19, not far behind KG, is Dirk Nowitzki, with 24,266. KG recently passed Allen Iverson, who has 24,368 and has Patrick Ewing, at 24,815, on his radar screen.

Not much farther down the list, at positions 22, 23, and 24, there’s a three-man race with Ray Allen (23,316), Paul Pierce (23,275) and Tim Duncan (23,200). All three recently passed Elgin Baylor and Adrian Dantley and will probably pass Robert Parrish (23,334) and Charles Barkley (23,757) before season’s end.

Paul Pierce, as one would expect, is making a move on his disgruntled former teammate. He was 350 points behind Allen when the season began but has cut that lead down to 41 points and closing.

Last and least, it should be noted that, at position number 5, Kobe Bryant is climbing up Wilt’s back. Kobe now has 30,537 points with the Big Dipper holding forever at 31,419. It seems like a lot of points to make up in one season, but Kobe’s looking to score more, so you never know. It would be good to see Kobe gain something this year for all his efforts: he sure isn't going to win a championship unless they trade him to Boston.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

KG, Pierce Move Up in All-time Scoring List Empty Re: KG, Pierce Move Up in All-time Scoring List

Post by Matty Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:14 pm

i just kinda had it hit me, Peirce is ahead of duncan- the guy the C's lost in scoring, and The Truth is ahead duncan in ppg- despite playing about 90 games more.

doesnt mean much i guess, but its interesting to me..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down