How basketball can save the world.

3 posters

Go down

How basketball can save the world. Empty How basketball can save the world.

Post by worcester Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Remember the ping pong diplomacy of the early 1970's that created rapprochement between China and the US?
Now with Dennis "the Worm" Rodman's visit to North Korea, here's another possibilty:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9906073/Dennis-Rodman-Kim-Jong-un-wants-to-talk-to-Barack-Obama-about-basketball.html

Who knew the leader of North Korea was a basketball fan? He wants a call from President Obama to talk about basketball. If talk about Dr. Naismith's game can avert war between North and South Korea or a North Korean nuclear launch, maybe we should give Dennis Rodman the Nobel Peace Prize that Pres. Obama has yet to earn.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

How basketball can save the world. Empty Re: How basketball can save the world.

Post by Sam Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Why give Rodman the Peace Prize when he already won the Piece Prize with Carmen Electra?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm

-You're so smart Sam. That's why you earn the big bucks.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:04 am

Yeah, Worcester, I'm just rolling in money here. Oops, make that dog doo.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:12 am

I should have written, "Yearn for the big bucks."

Now if you were a rancher from my old stomping grounds in Saskatchewan where they got paid by the pharmaceutical industry to supply estrogen from horses for birth control pills, I could have written "Urine for big bucks."
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:46 pm

He doesn't approve of what Kim does, but "he's my friend" and is going on vacation with him. I'm sure his new BFF can set him up with whichever hooker in Pyongyang he wants. Maybe he just has a thing for dictators who starve their people while they eat well enough to look like the Pillsbury Doughboy. A modern-day Hanoi Jane.

I can't wait to see what his makeshift "Pope Mobile" will look like. Will he be dressed in a nun's habit as they drive up to the gates of Vatican City? Inquiring minds want to know. Apparently The Worm, in his new self-appointed role as Ambassador to the 7th Galaxy Plenipotentiary, was unaware that once the College of Cardinals enter the Sistine Chapel to begin their deliberations, which they have just done, there is a media blackout both in and out. Not that this matters to Rodman, he'll still cut a stunning figure for the cameras in his flowing Versace-designed black-and-white outfit. The piece-de-resistance would be if he could convince Ru Paul to join him, dressed as a priest, or monk. A 6'6" male nun and a 6'4" female impersonator priest is an almost guaranteed media feeding frenzy, which the whole point here, right? Good luck trying to get Ru Paul to dress like a man though. Maybe if Rodman let him wear his stilettos?

I liked him better when he was the best pound-for-pound rebounder in the history of the NBA. Now, he's just looking like a another former superstar who misses the attention. A psychology doctoral thesis candidate's wet dream.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/12/dennis-rodman-says-planning-vacation-with-kim-jong-un/?intcmp=trending

Fresh off the heels of his controversial meeting with Kim Jong Un, former basketball star Dennis Rodman says he will return to North Korea in August to "vacation" with the country's leader.

Rodman became the first American to meet the reclusive young leader in a visit to Pyongyang last month. In an interview with North Dakota's KXJB, Rodman, 51, described Kim as a friend.

"I don't condone what he does, but he's my friend," Rodman said. Rodman continued to say he will be "vacationing" with Kim in August.
Rodman's remarks come amid rising tensions between North Korea and the United States, after the Asian nation threatened to launch a preemptive nuclear attack on the U.S. that would engulf Washington in a "sea of fire."
The U.S. conducted joint military drills with South Korea on Monday, prompting a North Korean paper to report the armistice that ended the Korean War had been nullified, as Kim urged front-line troops to be on "maximum alert" for a potential war.

Kim told artillery troops stationed near disputed waters that have seen several bloody clashes in past years that "war can break out right now," according to a report by North Korean state media.

Meanwhile, Rodman has turned his focus to Rome and the election of a new pope. According to the Associated Press, Rodman is expected to arrive in St. Peter's Square on Wednesday in a makeshift popemobile as he campaigns for Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana to become the church's first black pope.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down