cowens/oldschool
Sam
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME INDY - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME INDY

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Worcester:

I have tuned out ESPN commentary. According to all their blowhards only James, Kobe and Wade play in the NBA. They give me need for Preperation H.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Bobh,
IMO, KG's pass came in kind of in the middle: not low enough to catch and lay-up, not high enough for alley-oop. The other possibility is that JG expected the pass for alley-oop and he jumped for that but the ball came much lower and he caught it on the way down. In either case, he adjusted.

As for Pacers, I believe (it was mentioned by someone last year when they played Mia) that they don't have the real leader, a la PP or KB, who can put the rest of the team on his "mental" shoulders and carry it to the promised land. I'm not sure they have this year, either.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 pm

MD, Yes Extra Special Pain in the Nether region
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am

sam wrote:Cow and BobH,

Pierce looked so ecstatic just before the Celts' last possession that I was actually concerned I had fallen asleep and they had already run the play. I've seen him look confident before, but that display approached ridiculous proportions. It was almost as if he were thinking, "Oh boy, you Indy guys. Wait until you see what's in store for you." Or maybe he was mentally recapturing a nice little tryst with his wife.

Whatever else it was, it seemed to be a sign of pure joy—even in the midst of a grueling comeback.And it was very nice to see.

Sam

I'm glad everyone got to see Pierce clapping right before starting that play, theres so many feeds, don't know what everyone sees. He obviously must have thought what a great play we have called and with his experience in these situations, he was gloating at them, like a varsity guy laughing at a freshman. So he was in a peaceful state knowing all the defensive focus was about to be on him, like it always is and that he was gonna be the decoy....and as Maxwell Smart would say- and loving it!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am

steve3344 wrote:And I didn't see any extra gloating or boasting (or "talking sh*t") when Indy took that 63-49 lead against us and no one from Boston reacted at all other than to get super focused about their game.

And you must have also missed when Stephenson elbowed Pierce in the chest, and Hansboro was grabbing Jeff Green over and over, when KG and Hibbert got a double foul AND a double technical.

Paul Pierce is a supremely confident player - but he doesnt come out smiling or looking like that with 23 seconds left because of a good joke. And he doesnt celebrate like he did to end the game, unless it is a very heated contest.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:34 am

Sorry, but I don't get the disagreement. It was a big game for both teams; and, especially considering Indy's imposing physical gifts, it's no wonder the game was heated. Ingy they must be second-guessing themselves after blowing a semi-big lead. On the Celtics' part, they didn't let anything interfere with their intense focus on (1) getting back in the game and (2) pulling out the win. As far as gloating and trash talking, if anyone has audio evidence of what's really being said down there, his name must be Gunga Din because he's a better man than I.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 am

Didn't see it in the thread but may have just missed it. When they came out of the timeout, PP kept saying "its over, its over".

This team is getting the look of something that could be special.

I know DJ White got 2 boards and 2 blocks in limited time, but he had one jump shot when he was open, he missed it but the shot looked nice. Was barely off. I would like to see a few more minutes from him.

One of his blocks I think was after someone fouled a player. I didn't know you got credited with a block after someone fouls a player. Statistics are getting easier and easier to get these days.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:40 am

tardust wrote:Didn't see it in the thread but may have just missed it. When they came out of the timeout, PP kept saying "its over, its over".

I know DJ White got 2 boards and 2 blocks in limited time, but he had one jump shot when he was open, he missed it but the shot looked nice. Was barely off. I would like to see a few more minutes from him.

One of his blocks I think was after someone fouled a player. I didn't know you got credited with a block after someone fouls a player. Statistics are getting easier and easier to get these days.

You don't get credit for a blocked shot when a foul is made.
The offensive player does not get a shot attempt unless the ball goes in and there is a potential 3 (or 4) point play.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:16 pm

tjmakz wrote:
tardust wrote:Didn't see it in the thread but may have just missed it. When they came out of the timeout, PP kept saying "its over, its over".

You don't get credit for a blocked shot when a foul is made.
The offensive player does not get a shot attempt unless the ball goes in and there is a potential 3 (or 4) point play.

Yes you are absolutely correct. When a player is fouled the shot taken does not count as a miss if he doesn't make the shot. If the shot goes in then obviously it counts as a shot taken. This has been the rule for many, many years now.

I also watched the game twice and only saw one shot that DJ blocked other than the one where there as a foul called. It is possible I missed it but don't think so. He was given credit for 2 blocks. Like I said I didn't know that it would be credited so in other words I didn't believe it to be a correct call either. Of course we know both officials, and I am sure scorekeepers make mistakes just like everyone else.

tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:22 pm

I didn't see that part of the game but based on the Play by Play log, at 10:41 of the 2nd quarter White blocked Hansbrough's jumper and Garnett got the rebound then at 9:26 he blocked Paul George's layup and Terry got the rebound.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 am

I'm still rootin' for a Lakers-Celtics Finals.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2