Outside
NYCelt
Matty
cowens/oldschool
Sam
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Creating the Perfect Offseason Plan for the Boston Celtics   - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating the Perfect Offseason Plan for the Boston Celtics

Post by 112288 Sat May 11, 2013 12:33 pm

dBrown,

If Sully starts at PF and KG comes in ti sub for Sully, we can milk KG's health and body for the entire season. If he get's hurt, Sully is starting anyway so it is not like we are loosing a starter.

Back to top Go down

Creating the Perfect Offseason Plan for the Boston Celtics   - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating the Perfect Offseason Plan for the Boston Celtics

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 11, 2013 12:37 pm

112288 wrote:Cowens,

The game was a sham. The NBA hit a new low. LJ pushing off a defender the whole game, and they call it on the defender......a JOKE! If the ref's were honest, LJ fouled out twice or 10 fouls.

bro I couldn't believe what I was watching, Belenelli gets close to Lebron, he shoves him and the guy shoved got called for foul for staying close? Noah cleanly outjumps Bosh, then Bosh falls and they give FT's to Bosh? David Stern is the worse thing for basketball ever, officiating is beyond a joke.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat May 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Sounds a lot like CHI getting a taste of their 20 year old medicine. I think MJ said, "So?"
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Dbrown,

Thanks for the nice words about this forum. What sets it apart from other message boards has virtually nothing to do with me. For one reason or another, it turns out that people who are not into posting primarily to get into verbal fistfights are also people who know the most about basketball. And you don't develop a reputation for being basketball-knowledgeable by being contentious. You develop it by consistently demonstrating that you know what you're talking about. That what people on this board do.

It's not difficult to envision parallels between the Celtics and this board. Through the years, the most important characteristic of the Celtics has arguably been consistency. Consistency in demeanor, consistency in performance, consistency in effort. And that's also true of this board.

The first signal that there's something wrong with the team is usually a lack of consistency. To some extent, as a moderator, that's also one of my signals to be on the watch for a little trouble on the board (although it's usually VERY little).

Knowledge aside, what makes this a board of very good posters is that it's a board of very good people. I think that's almost always been a staple of Celtics teams as well.

In a personal sense, the board has been extremely important in maintaining the strength of my Celtics allegiance. At this stage in my life, it would be very easy to rationalize that I've had my time, which I consider to have been the Camelot of basketball.

I knew then, and I know now, that—in my mind—nothing in the basketball world would ever equal that run—not just in terms of success but even more in terms of the inspiration it provided me as a human being. In a sense, the fact that it occurred relatively early in my life could have "freed" me to go on to other things.

Fortunately, Larry and friends came along to hold my interest, I somehow stumbled through the two decades of disappointment, and KG and friends rekindled my interest. But, truthfully, I am less and less impressed with the way the game is played and marketed, and it is mainly this board that has kept my involvement alive.

I've never been a person who could let go of something by degrees. It's either passion and an "all in" mentality or forget about it. At nearly age 76, there will come a time when I'll probably be forced to become less active. I can sense that coming more strongly at some times than others.

It's funny that, in the old days, the Celtics consistently played a large part in giving me the inspiration to persevere through life. Now, the relationships on this board are a huge part of that inspiration. So I'm very grateful and very proud.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat May 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Sam,

I just remember you doing your best to try to contain your composure with some of the toolbags that were on that site. Your prose far exceeded the sum of the rest of the posters. However, Bobheckler would literally rip some poor unsuspecting bastard(s) from top to bottom regularly, reducing them to the quadriplegic Knight from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail. They were brutal. But certainly deserved. I came to the point on that site where I would anticipate his impending barrage...all while hiding behind a rock to stay out of the line of fire, of course!

You saw an opportunity for what we have here today. Thank God! (I tried to go back there today, but I didn't even see a Celtics forum. I may not have dug deep enough. Is it still there?) You have put together a forum site where everyone is created equal and with respect. Clearly there are some hardcore Celtic fans here but those like me who are more "feel" than facts are still made to feel welcome and respected. We all come together over the Celtics, no matter what our backgrounds.

As for me, Larry and Company sealed me in over 30 years ago. I want my boys to come along for the ride. We have been to a few games in NC, ordered a KG Fathead and League Pass for a couple of seasons. I'd like to one day rent or own a large RV and do a nationwide tour of the NBA arenas with the 3 of them.

As I speak for all the posters on this site, we wish for you to be around for a long time and to absorb all your true deep knowledge and love of everything Celtic. Again, thank you for your foresight and vision. We are all humble and grateful beneficiaries.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 12, 2013 12:56 am

Dbrown,

Thanks for the kind words. The BDC site may be found at:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/100/920

I go over there two or three times a year to wish them happy holidays. Usually the responses are at least 4 to 1 positive. Based on a minimum of exposure, it seems to me that things have quieted down a bit over there.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon May 13, 2013 5:20 am

Trade Terry and/or Lee. They have a high enough salary that, when added to the contract of someone like Bass, a more valuable player could be gotten.

Keep Crawford and Williams. Their salary is so low that they would only be filler in a trade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm

gyso,

I pretty much agree with you. Generally speaking, it would seem more prudent for the Celtics to trade than to get deeply into the free agency market? In trades, you're giving and losing roughly the same salary amounts, so the cap is not such an issue as when you have to scramble around to make room for a free agent's salary. And isn't there some sort of hold that contributes toward the cap when a player is simply released?

As for Crawford and Williams, My bet is that only one will stick with the team. And the one who leaves will be a good indicator as to the style of play the Celtics will employ next season. I believe Williams represents a rededication to defense, ball movement, and opportunistic pushing of the ball. I believe Crawford represents a move more in the direction of forcing up-tempo ball, volume basketball, and offense more than defense.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon May 13, 2013 9:47 pm

I always thought...

Jordan Crawford = a slightly less talented Ricky Davis, without the cool hair.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 pm

NYCelt wrote:I always thought...

Ouch!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 pm

good call, but its not slight, he couldn't carry his.....strap

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 am

NYCelt,

Good one...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2