MDCelticsFan
swedeinestonia
RosalieTCeltics
jeb
10 posters

Go down

Ray Allen here to see you Empty Ray Allen here to see you

Post by jeb Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:07 pm

27 points 5 rebounds 5 assist in 36 minutes. I personally think Ray has been solid all year but tonite he was a stone stud.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Ray Allen here to see you Empty Re: Ray Allen here to see you

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 am

You know you won't get any argument from me, I think that Ray is the underrated, under appreciated member of this team. Whenever talk comes up of a trade, his is the first name mentioned. Yet, he has sacrificed the most for this team. I know I am biased, as I am a Ray fan from way back, but to me he is one heck of a ball player who doesn't get the accolades he deserves.
It was great to watch him break out with such a great game tonight.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:39 am

I like that he is going to the rim and getting to the line. He has a good floor game most every night from where I am sitting.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:15 am

What I love about the Celtics is that when a player has a great game he is still shooting at a high %. They know to feed the player that is hot.

Too often players who score a lot of points get credit, regardless of the %. Vince Carter was the "Supercuts player of the game" vs the Celtics and he had 26 points on 10 for 29 shooting.

Not enough credit is given to a good % IMO.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:37 am

Ray Allen exudes class, team work dedication, and all that's good in life. What an outstanding individual. Anyone with a son would surely want their son to emulate Ray Allen!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:56 am

Hey all,

Allen never stops moving! People say he's lost a step. If he has I don't see it. There are plenty of younger 2 guards hanging around the 3 point line waiting for the kick out all the time. I'll take RA.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 am

Hoop

His conditioning is something to see. To me he is having a damn good year. Some dont see it that way but I like what he brings. I think his ankles are feeling good which is why he is driving more.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Swede, good point about the FG %. Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the number of shots taken by players. There are quite a few teams, like the Lakers, Cavs and Heat that focus on one player to do the bulk of the scoring. I love that our team has so much talent that points are spread out to mulitple players.

Yes, there are some nights that only one or two guys have it going offensively, but even when that happens we don't have one guy taking 25 shots. So far this season, Kobe has taken 376 shots, LBJ 325 shots, and Wade 352 shots. For the C's the highest # of shots taken is PP with 223, RA a close second with 220 and KG has taken 206. That right there is what I call team basketball!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 pm

KG17

It's the Celtic way and it's why we love them. If Kobe is off against us the rest of the Lakers will fade. That is why we have a very good shot at them this year balance.

It three of our scorers are really hot and we are playing any d at all we will see some 12 point spreads.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:56 pm

Here's to you Ray needed 14 and got 18. Congrats to a hall of famer and seriously elegant guy.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:01 am

jeb65 wrote:Here's to you Ray needed 14 and got 18. Congrats to a hall of famer and seriously elegant guy.

Two of his points came when he went coast to coast and took it in for the slam. He still has it!!!

18-4 Ray Allen here to see you Icon_basketball Ray Allen here to see you Icon_cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:07 am

Gyso

I did not see the game due to a crazy work schedule. Just saw highlights. I think Ray is playing really well this year.

He is such a great Celtic and just a pro pro pro.

That Rondo dunk was SICK!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:11 am

jeb,

Rondo took 20 shots. How long do we have to wait for him to do that again?

Pumpsie thought Pierce was sick or something. Perhaps Rondo made the adjustment.

He's a dang stat filler.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am

Gyso

Was he shooting any outside shots? How did Ticket look? Why was the game so close? How did we rebound? The numbers say we outrebounded them...aw hell I'm asking too many questions.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:13 am

The game was so close because they got lazy when they came out in the second half. I think they thought they were going to blow Washington out.
They seemed to forget that they have some great shooters on that team. Washington just fought harder in the second half. If they hadn't had that lead, they would have lost because they lost the second half. This is the one problem I have with this team, they take their foot off the pedal too soon and try to coast. It could come back to haunt them if they keep it up.

Much as I hate to say it, Tony Allen played a fairly decent game, had a couple of really good moves. Then he blows away all the good feelings when he commits one of his silly turnovers. I don't know how many he had, but he had a few. If his head was only in the game!

Congrats to my man Ray, he does it so smoothly!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:36 am

dboss in his pre-game analysis said it best. Don't fall asleep on these guys. The Wizards can beat us. They almost did. Rosalie and MD summed up very succinctly (sp) what it is to be a Celtic player.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Rosalie,

Tony, Ray and Perk each had three turnovers, but Tony's were compiled in about half the minutes of the other two.

However, the general rule is that the more positives a player provides, the more turnovers one can put up with. When Pierce and Rondo sometimes have multiple turnovers in a game, it's usually a sign that they were very active and provided a lot of good things too. (It's often the same with fouls committed.) As relief for Pierce, I'd be happy with an every night contribution by Tony similar to last night's. It was a heck of a lot better than it might have been.

I was particularly impressed that Tony was very quick to the offensive basket without falling out of control. That type of lightning move—catching opponents by surprise—has gotten Daniels a number of points this season. I think two of the turnovers were the result of effort (which is okay with me), although the palming violation (or whatever it was) seemed to be a boneheaded regression on his part.

I've been a little down on Tony this season, and I think I owe it to him to be a little patient now because at least he's showing indications of being able to help—and the Celts lost a lot when they lost Daniels.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 pm

The ploy of having multi-position players has its pluses and minuses. Obviously, with the loss of Daniels, we're seeing the minus. In one fell swoop, we've lost our backup 1 and backup 3. Expecting one player to fill those shoes is unreasonable, since it is unusual to find a player who can fill them in the first place.

Tony Allen has to do what Tony Allen does and play within himself. Unfortunately, that requires a certain amount of basketball IQ, which is not Tony's forte. Neither is ball handling.

House looked really weak handling the ball last night against Washington. I watched the game last night with a friend and he said if he was the opposing coach he'd trap House with the ball. He's short and can't dribble out of trouble. I have to say I agree with him.

Enter Mr. Walter Ray Allen. He came in and stabilized that position in the second half. He committed no unforced brain-dead turnovers that I can remember and got us into our offensive sets with about 16 seconds left on the shot clock. Sure, we weren't getting the dribble penetration that we get from Rondo, but you shouldn't expect everything from a player who isn't a natural point. And when the Wiz didn't apply pressure to him, he ran the ball (we all saw that dunk of his, where he just kept going downcourt until he reached the iron). He played in control and opportunistically.

The Wiz made a very good run to start the 3rd and then made another one later. The Celts looked out of sync. Ray Allen provided some glue when we really needed it last night.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:01 pm

My man Ray was money with a sweet midrange game. We beat a good good team that does not have an inside game. Ray Allen who is much maligned by some not in the know was a giant part of the huge huge win.

14-15 wins fellas. We got ourselves a championship level squad that showed epic grit today. Merry Christmas.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:14 pm

What have I been saying all year???? Ray is a very valuable member of this team. He proved it today! They made my holiday!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:17 pm

miss t I concur and have all year.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content