Raptors Could Have Competed with Lakers for Titles

3 posters

Go down

Raptors Could Have Competed with Lakers for Titles Empty Raptors Could Have Competed with Lakers for Titles

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:43 am

says T-Mac.

Tracy McGrady believes the Toronto Raptors could have contended for championships, had he chosen to remain with the team instead of joining the Orlando Magic.

“At that time, I think Toronto probably could have competed for championships with the Lakers, that’s what I think,” McGrady said.

McGrady doubled his scoring average to 26.8 in his first season with the Magic, and led the NBA at 32.1 and 28.0 per game during his final two seasons there.

“Toronto, they didn’t know I was capable of that type of performance as far as scoring. I didn’t (even) know I had that in me,” McGrady said.

bob
All I can say is, I hope he enjoys living on whatever planet he is retiring to. Delusion, thy name is Tracy McGrady.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Raptors Could Have Competed with Lakers for Titles Empty Re: Raptors Could Have Competed with Lakers for Titles

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:28 pm

McGrady + Vince Carter is nothing to underestimate, especially in the declining East. However, they'd probably have needed maybe one more good piece to even make it to the finals.

With that said, LA wouldn't have lost to Toronto anyway.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Raptors Could Have Competed with Lakers for Titles Empty Re: Raptors Could Have Competed with Lakers for Titles

Post by Outside Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:04 pm

I can understand that McGrady might think this, but he looks ridiculous for saying it. He never made past the first round of the playoffs until this year, and this year he's just riding the coattails of the Spurs. Why should anyone think he knows what it takes to compete for championships?
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Outside wrote:I can understand that McGrady might think this, but he looks ridiculous for saying it. He never made past the first round of the playoffs until this year, and this year he's just riding the coattails of the Spurs. Why should anyone think he knows what it takes to compete for championships?

He and Vince didn't get along in Toronto, hence the split.

While in Orlando, Grant Hill was always hurt, never really playing while TMac was there.

Once he was in Houston, the competition in the West was too much for his Rockets to overcome.

Not only that but he was not a durable player, plagued by many injuries.

All in all, I say he is a talented player that never fully reached his potential.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down