dboss
cowens/oldschool
RosalieTCeltics
k_j_88
pete
Matty
11 posters

Go down

Here we go again, again. Empty Here we go again, again.

Post by Matty Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:47 pm

well Clippers and Doc are at it once more.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--clippers-finalizing-deal-with-celtics-to-hire-doc-rivers-as-coach-202137296.html

this is one of those palm to the face moments, but I need more palms than I have currently.

i'm not even bothering to form an opionion on this
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Here we go again, again. Empty Re: Here we go again, again.

Post by pete Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Matty,

Seems like there have decided to "do it in pieces" Doc first then KG and.......

I'm pretty convinced something is going to happen and feel no ill will toward Doc or KG as they seem to be trying to make it a win win. Nice way to leave, and I will be pulling for them as long as they are not playing us.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:01 pm

I will always root for KG. Doc, however, is a different story.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Let him go k.j., this is best for all concerned. Danny played a big part in this, and at least they have something to show  for Doc not being here. Granted, I really do not like that Sterling won out and the draft pick is not for next year, one of the strongest classes in a while to come out.  But, Doc could have gone into broadcasting and we would have ended up with nothing.

Personally, there is alot of blame to go around here. So, let's just move on to the draft and this coming year.  Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and we will win a few games that we shouldn't.  Onward to the future.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:12 pm

the NBA works on Sunday? I still don't believe it, is it approved by that asshole known as the Commisioner? why is this approved?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Good luck to Doc.

Now we need to focus on the Celtics. Players and coaches come and go but us fans stay the course.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:03 pm

This just posted on the LA Times site.

Clippers, Celtics agree in principle on Doc Rivers trade

By Broderick Turner
June 23, 2013, 4:54 p.m.

The Clippers and the Boston Celtics have agreed in principle on a deal that will send Coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles, according to NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the situation.

The Clippers will send the Celtics a first-round pick in 2015. The sticking point had been that the Clippers wanted the draft pick to be lottery protected, but the Celtics ended up getting their wish as the pick will be unprotected.

The Clippers will take over the contract Rivers had with Boston, which has three years and $21 million left on it.

The deal finally comes after a week of on-again, off-again negotiations between the teams.

A previously proposed blockbuster deal that would have had the Celtics sending the rights to Rivers plus forward Kevin Garnett to the Clippers in exchange for center DeAndre Jordan and two first-round picks would have violated the collective-bargaining agreement, which doesn't allow a team to trade players in a deal "involving coaches' contracts."

Coaching cadidates Byron Scott and Brian Shaw both had conversations with the Clippers regarding the parameters of a contract following meetings with Donald Sterling last week. The team even initiated more talks with Scott's representatives Friday in an attempt to push things along.

But, instead, it pushed along negotiations with Boston.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-clippers-celtics-agree-on-principle-doc-rivers-trade-20130623,0,3778263.story
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:55 pm

I am going to withhold my opinion on Doc until I see how this all plays out.

If before training camp, KG and Pierce are gone - and the Celtics are in rebuilding mode, I will give Doc the benefit of the doubt.  But if KG or Pierce are back in Boston, then I will lose a lot of respect for Doc.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 pm

It's deja vu all over again.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:21 pm

I think Doc leaving breaks the logjam and the rebuild is off to the races. Let us hope good choices and deals ensue.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 am

I watched three major Boston sports extra shows last night. It was interesting to hear each one's thought on this whole thing.

Jackie Mac was on one channel saying that Danny did well to get the first round pick even though it was for 2015, not too many teams are willing to give up that first rounder lately.  She said that she feels that there may be a strong chance that KG returns and that they could hold on to PP until the trade deadline.  In the next breath she said KG retiring is also a strong option if no deal can be made with the Clips. She also feels that the league will block any move right now to trade KG to the Clippers for Jordan.

Sean Grande was on another channel saying alot of the same things that Jackie said. Don't rule out Paul coming back if Danny can't get a first round pick for him. He also felt in the short run, Doc's image has taken a little bit of a hit.  They kept replaying the press conference where Doc claimed he was "A Celtic". He also claims that the relationship with Doc and Danny is still strong, that they are on board with this move not only to save money but to start rebuilding and it was not what Doc was ready to get involved team.  

Cedric Maxwell was on a third channel.  He was strong from the beginning of the post season saying that none of the three would return to the Celtics. Now with this outcome, he says Danny might consider ......are you ready for this????.....trading KG to Miami for Chris Bosh!!!!  I wonder what kool aid he was drinking!  His choice for coach would be Nate MacMillen. I 
might like that one. He was a tough player and could handle Rondo.

Oh well, just ramblings from a late night tv watcher.  I will be listening to the press conference.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:25 am

.....if we get Chris Bosh I'm done.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:26 am

ME TOO!!!  I CAN"T STAND EVEN LOOKING AT HIM!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:03 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:.....if we get Chris Bosh I'm done.

I can't stand looking at Chris Bosh, but some of that is because he's not in green.  If he comes here and regains his all-star form, I'll get over it.

It's all about #18.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Chris Bosh plays like a 3, not a 4 or a 5, and people expect him to be a 4 or a 5. He's ok as a 3.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:30 pm

worcester wrote:Chris Bosh plays like a 3, not a 4 or a 5, and people expect him to be a 4 or a 5. He's ok as a 3.

worcester,

He shoots like a 3, rebounds like a 3, dribbles like a 4, cries like a 2 year old.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 pm

You got that right.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:58 pm

And flops like a zero.

But in these uncertain days, he serves one good purpose -- ceremonial punching bag.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum