bobheckler
worcester
dbrown4
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rapid Reaction: Doc to LA - Page 2 Empty Re: Rapid Reaction: Doc to LA

Post by worcester Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm down with that Jeff Green prediction. Paul will be gone and Jeff will be playing his minutes. I'll miss Paul and wish him well.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:13 pm

A, perhaps, final word on this done deal comes from Jackie Mac, who claims that the reason why Danny was looking for trades for Doc is because Celtics ownership was hesitant to pay him $7M/year for the next 3 years to preside over a rebuild.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9415256/los-angeles-clippers-verge-landing-doc-rivers-sources-say

If this report is true then:

1.  Doc is off the hook for this since it's being driven by management.  In fact, it says he was frustrated because he never delivered an ultimatum about anything to anybody and the scuttlebutt was that it was him doing the pushing.
2.  You can forget about about George Karl or SVG, since they'll want big bucks too.

This was not handled in particularly spectacular manner by anybody but, I have to say, of all the deals Danny has made over these years it's only this one with Donald Sterling's club, that turned this messy and awkward.  As one wag put it "in the end, they're still the Clippers".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Therefore in the end, it's all Danny's fault Twisted Evil
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Doc did great things for the Celts, and rebuilding a team is not his forte, so I say good luck and good by to him. I wish we could get a former Celt coaching our team once again... Rick Carlisle? Dave Cowens? CEdric Maxwell? Kevin Garnett?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Bob,

Your post kind of half right but also half wrong.  Yes, Doc came over in 2004 and he inherited players he had no...I repeat NO SAY IN......you sight 2005.................... again it takes time to flush the garbage out............BUT

Now Doc has the ability to rebuild a new dynasty.......with players he is going to have a big say in either drafting or recruiting. That in itself could, and I repeat could quicken the rebuilding process ...again nothing is for sure as death and taxes but I like the odds.

I also do not think....it is my own opinion .............that Doc and Danny had any gentleman's agreement.........if so I do not think Danny would make a fool out of himself and say many....many weeks ago....Doc is coming back.

I know what Sam said about Danny and Doc working on the very best deal for both parties.....................OK..............But that is after everything blew up!

What else would anyone do but to pick up the pieces and try to put HUMPTY DUMPTY back together again.  Doc was starring at 3 more years of broadcasting if the deal was not completed. Danny would not let Doc out of his deal..........he is an asset that can bring value back to the Celtics................so Danny got his pound of flesh out of it with a draft choice.................and saved $21 million dollars in the process for ownership.

Doc is no innocent party to this deal either. The Celtics wanted him back..........he kept dancing in his usual ramble....which make people end up asking.............what did he just say?   Doc is not a good Bull Xhitter............I've watched him too long to know when it is coming............

I stand on my original post this morning..............Doc is just an empty suit ............looking to keep his winning percentage high so he'll look good going into the HOF.

I do not dislike Doc........but Doc's handlers butchered the PR on this. It would have been better that he said I am stepping aside to think about everything.................let offers come............and then say to Danny....hey can you get this deal done so I can go my way!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Just a follow up...................how long does the Celtic trade ban with the Clippers last...........a month?.................a year?

Stern is really playing in the gray area.................and could be sued for this.  I think 3 or 4 teams may be involved in the near future to get this done.............perhaps we do not wind up with Jordan, but I believe we get someone.............look to Utah as a possible middle man.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:22 pm

if Utah is the middle man, send Jefferson.  MUCH rather have him than Jordan.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 pm

MrK

YES!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:39 am

great call guys, Big Al is not perfect, but hes light years ahead of D Jordan.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 am

The rumors/whispers coming out of Utah right now is that they can't afford Milsap AND Jefferson, so they're going to let Big Al walk.

Jefferson made $15M last year.

This isn't happening, not even if we pay Pierce his $5M and let him go.  We'd need Utah to sign Big Al, trade him to the Celtics, have another team take Pierce and, what?  Utah is cutting Jefferson loose because they don't want the salary, so offering them players they'd have to pay isn't going to work.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 am

Have you thought about  trade KG to Utah for Jefferson and Utah trade KG to Clippers for Jordan.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 am

112288 wrote:Have you thought about  trade KG to Utah for Jefferson and Utah trade KG to Clippers for Jordan.

Utah's not signing Big Al because they're trying to shed salary, not just trade for it.  You're going to have to close the circle above and get Utah to get rid of Jordan (or, at least, his salary).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2