k_j_88
bobheckler
KennCelt
RosalieTCeltics
worcester
Matty
11 posters

Go down

The Kevin Garnett & Paul Pierce Appreciation Thread Empty The Kevin Garnett & Paul Pierce Appreciation Thread

Post by Matty Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:24 am

Those two have embodied what it means to be a Celtic..

This thread needs to exist..

I'm on my phone now but will try to pour my heart out tomorrow when I'm reconnected with my computer.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

The Kevin Garnett & Paul Pierce Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Kevin Garnett & Paul Pierce Appreciation Thread

Post by worcester Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Who could be a Celtics fan and not appreciate what KG and PP have done for the Celts over the years. Appreciation is the key to happiness, and I'm very happy thinking about Kevin and Paul. What great hearts.

If we don't win #18 next season, I hope they win the NBA championship for the Nets. Over the Clips.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

The Kevin Garnett & Paul Pierce Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Kevin Garnett & Paul Pierce Appreciation Thread

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:31 pm

As most of you well know, I find myself very conflicted over this trade. In my head I know that it probably is the right thing to do, but my heart is really
working overtime here.

I come from an era where the players who you admired so much thru their tenure as Celtics ended up retiring in green. Now, I know these are different times and all, the CBA is so restricting, and players are playing longer and longer and making alot more money then "way back then"! So management must do what is necessary to rebuild and stay relevant.

Paul Pierce has not always been my favorite player, but he grew on me as he matured. He has been so vital to the Celtics lineup for all these years that it is hard to imagine opening game without the announcer saying his name, and calling him "The Truth"!

Kevin Garnett came to this team an won me over immediately. No one played more fiercely than KG. I can still remember the night the Celtics beat Detroit and went on to the finals. I cried my eyes out, (silly girl) and then I got drunk. First time in years and years and I enjoyed it immensely!

So, now they are gone, a couple of years from now the Celtics will bring them both back and retire their numbers. It will be a glorious night, one that I hope I can be at.

The future is so uncertain right now, but, I can say one thing, Danny Ainge has the most guts of any general manager in the NBA. I don't know one who would have pulled off what he did, knowing that in his heart he truly loved these guys too. Hats off to management for giving him the power to do what he felt was best for the Boston Celtics and not let his heart get in the way. I am not so sure Red would have done it.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:31 pm

I will miss them. I wish them the best. I hope they realize they always will be Celtics first in many fan's hearts. It is time to move on.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:26 pm

A video tribute by CSNNE to KG.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/look-back-kevin-garnetts-time-boston

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:54 pm

I really do wish KG and PP the best. They have always played with heart and immense tenacity. Once their careers are concluded, they'll have their jerseys retired in Boston as they should be.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Pierce is certainly one of the all-time Celtic favorites. Even though KG was a short-timer here he had a big following. They're both assured their spot in Celtic history, and deservedly so.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Best of luck, KG and Paul. And definitely thanks for the memories.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Dito to all the comments.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:22 pm

The trade worked out well
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:41 pm

? someone looking back????? I saw Sam's name and my heart skipped a beat.

I still love those two guys for the joy they brought us in their time together, even adding Ray to that. He was a great shooter.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:19 am

It’s a shame we couldn’t get the great KG here a couple years earlier, those 2 guys played with the same heart of Cowens and Havlicek. On another note look for game 6 of 74 Finals on YouTube. You will see the famous dive on the floor by Cowens and what stands out on video is Havlicek’s defense all over the floor, switching, covering multiple positions and stonewalling, shutting down every player defensively....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:15 am

How lucky are we to have so many memories from so many era’s of basketball greats. We are truly blessed as Celtic fans
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:48 am

Hi,
#34 in the rafters is the obvious choice. And #5 is totally belongs there.
Thanks, KG and PP.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:58 pm

What I will always remember about the trade is the attitudes of PP and KG. They got it. They understood why Danny had to do the deal in order for the Celtics to move forward as a franchise.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:03 pm

And. ...they are still devoted Celtics. PP even said if he were GM he would have made the trade.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:And. ...they are still devoted Celtics.  PP even said if he were GM he would have made the trade.

I remember that, it was bittersweet, Paul handled everything with total class....and look what it got us. In a wing dominant era, we’ve got 2 wing building blocks with HoF potential, the envy of every franchise.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down