RUMOR: CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER

+3
NYCelt
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

RUMOR:  CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER Empty RUMOR: CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Victor Faverani.

2 years with an option for a third.  Don't know whose option.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Vitor-Faverani-1099/

Played in Spain last year.  59% fg%, 79% ft%.

Appears to disappear on the boards, sometimes good sometimes invisible; not a good passer; not sound defensively.

So, now we have two Brazilian centers, neither of which is impressive.

Great.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

RUMOR:  CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER Empty Re: RUMOR: CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Celtics set to sign Brazilian center Vitor Faverani, more moves to come?

USA TODAY Sports

According to TuBasket.com, Boston will sign the 25-year-old to a two-year deal.

CHECK THIS GUY OUT!

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5705-lacb-20122013-copa_del_rey-77-vitor_faverani_el_hombre_indestructible

ONE PROBLEM.......HE HAS TO BE BOUGHT OUT OF HIS CONTRACT..........TEAM DEBATING MOVE.

The Google Translate of the link is brutal, but hopefully, Faverani's game translates better in the NBA because it sounds like he's coming to Boston. Here are some highlights:

He's got game and was given a hard look with the Wizards, Knicks, and Spurs. The fact that San Antonio was interested is reason enough to peak my interest, but I wonder what this means in terms of the big picture. If Faverani is indeed signing on a two-year deal, what does that mean for the rest of the roster?

In all of Danny's press conferences this summer, he's hinted at needing to trim down the team before training camp. With the emergence of Phil Pressey, a solid showing by second round pick Colton Iverson, and stand-out performances by Tony Mitchell and Darius Johnson-Odom in the Orlando summer league, the Celtics could have as many as 20 guys on their radar heading into October. When the trade with Brooklyn becomes official (maybe tomorrow), we'll get a clearer picture of what the depth chart will look like in training camp, but this signing definitely hints to a few guys either getting traded or shipped out after the moratorium.

In other Celtics-interested-in-foreign-players news, Gigi Datome signed a two-year deal with the Pistons today. He had been previously linked to Boston.

Last edited by 112288 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

RUMOR:  CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER Empty Re: RUMOR: CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:37 pm

This guy has soft hands.........nice foot work.........and he's EL MONSTER!

Hope we can land this guy!

GO LOS CELTICS!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 am

Probably won't even play for the Red Claws.

If we're going to make Brazilian imports a priority how about one of the following...

Adriana Lima
Alessandra Ambrosio
Gisele Bündchen

Saw Adriana in the Sarasota/Bradenton airport a couple of years ago. Amazingly beautiful woman. She's tall too; sign her then.

This guy?  Pass the remote, please.  Lets see what's on Cartoon Network.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 am

NYCelt wrote:Probably won't even play for the Red Claws.

If we're going to make Brazilian imports a priority how about one of the following...

Adriana Lima
Alessandra Ambrosio
Gisele Bündchen

Saw Adriana in the Sarasota/Bradenton airport a couple of years ago.  Amazingly beautiful woman.  She's tall too; sign her then.

This guy?  Pass the remote, please.  Lets see what's on Cartoon Network.

NYCelt,

We have Fabricio Paulinho de Melo and Colton Iverson at center. This kid will play in Boston for no other reason than that. He's a legit player in Europe, considered one of the top players ever out of Brazil. He's 6'11", 260# and has a big wingspan (I'm trying to get measurements on his wingspan, but I can't find any. Everybody just repeating the same scouting report that says "nice wingspan", which means nothing).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 am

he looks decent offensively, but doesn't look like a shotblocker, with Sully and KO getting alot of minutes at the 4, were gonna need a shotblocker....Melo?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Bob,

You do make a good point about the two centers we currently have being non-factors, but I can't see this latest being more than a wild desperation shot/insurance policy.  My money is on Danny finding us at least some journeyman type, even if that player is a Collins/JON type like we've seen recently, on their last legs in the NBA.

Still would rather go with the Brazilian models...

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:52 pm

NYCelt wrote:Bob,

You do make a good point about the two centers we currently have being non-factors, but I can't see this latest being more than a wild desperation shot.  My money is on Danny finding us at least some journeyman type, even if that player is a Collins/JON type like we've seen recently, on their last legs in the NBA.

Still would rather go with the Brazilian models...

Regards

nycelt,

I'd rather go with these Brazilian models

RUMOR:  CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER 9k=

RUMOR:  CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRceZw97_OjjahcXmMfC7U54a8Q_JTfUKCGV0qxdoRjf3HOmX4X0A

than these Brazilian models

RUMOR:  CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER 2Q==

RUMOR:  CELTICS TO SIGN BRAZILIAN CENTER Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaCq0s8uYZpYgqYnJjb1yyKZ0Tz8ieztVoiuoQd9607o-rtMpm

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Bob,

Agreed.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 pm

I've been wrong on numerous occasions before, but I don't have any faith that Melo will be an NBA player. Boeheim had a system that got the most out of his limited ability, and he shoulda stayed in school.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Outside wrote:I've been wrong on numerous occasions before, but I don't have any faith that Melo will be an NBA player. Boeheim had a system that got the most out of his limited ability, and he shoulda stayed in school.

Having seen him play for The Orange, I'm fairly certain you're going to be proven correct on this one.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 pm

NYCelt - I live in Sarasota. If you ever get down here again, let me know and perhaps you, Pete, and I can get together. Especially if you'll introduce me to Adriana Lima.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm bothered by the images of the models on this forum...

If you desire to showcase eye candy... please PLEASE post more than just two images..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Check out this link for Adriana:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2359509/Adriana-Lima-models-Desigual-dresses-Barcelona.html
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:26 pm

worcester wrote:NYCelt - I live in Sarasota. If you ever get down here again, let me know and perhaps you, Pete, and I can get together. Especially if you'll introduce me to Adriana Lima.

W-

I was down there for a conference.  Stayed at the Ritz-Carlton and played their golf course.  Maybe the most incredibly maintained and well designed course I've ever played.

This year we're further NE in Orlando.

I'll certainly let you know if I'm headed that way again, but unfortunately I don't think I can promise anything with Adriana.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down