Paul Pierce Thanks Boston Fans

5 posters

Go down

Paul Pierce Thanks Boston Fans Empty Paul Pierce Thanks Boston Fans

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:46 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/16/4529280/paul-pierce-thanks-boston-instagram

Paul Pierce thanks Boston fans with Instagram blast
By Kevin Zimmerman  @offensivelyfoul on Jul 16 2013, 4:18p +

USA TODAY Sports
STAY CONNECTED
The new member of the Brooklyn Nets isn't leaving the Boston Celtics without a nostalgic trip through some photos of his best Boston memories.

The NBA rivalry between Los Angeles and Boston took a backseat for Paul Pierce. The L.A. native and Inglewood High School product was drafted by the Boston Celtics in 1998 and spent all 15 years of his career in green. Now that he's off to play for the Brooklyn Nets, it's clear the future Hall of Fame forward grew a love for Boston, even if he's a Los Angeles native at heart.

Pierce spent a good deal of Tuesday afternoon posting Instagram photos of his greatest Boston memories with the hashtag #THANKYOUBOSTON. It went beyond the commercials, the winning and the rivalry with the Lakers. Tradition was involved.

It was about relationships, too. Pierce grew with Kevin Garnett, among others. He was a central figure in the city on a pedestal with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and other Boston celebrities like Donnie Wahlberg.

There will be more time spent with Garnett, who was traded to the Nets with The Truth and Jason Terry. There will be run-ins with former coach Doc Rivers next season.

Celtics Blog: More offseason Celtics news
Pierce's nostalgic run through memory lane was about the impact he had on the city. Through his charitable organization, The Truth Fund, he established the Paul Pierce Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery at Tufts Medical Center in 2007.

But in the end, there might not be anything greater than that 2008 NBA title, which accounted for many of his Instagram photos.
--

KJ

k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Paul Pierce Thanks Boston Fans Empty Re: Paul Pierce Thanks Boston Fans

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:44 am

Here's the full 1:58 video clip. I like how much of it was about winning a championship and the rest of life in NE and not just shots of him taking shots (although there are some of those too, of course).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:28 pm

What a class act. I wonder how KG feels?

This is sure going to be tough to swallow. it seems as if there is no bitterness, but they haven,t talked. Yet

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 am

Pierce showed the class and maturity on his way out that he didn't have when he arrived.  He really grew as a player and as a man during his career with the Celtics.  Garnett was the leader of the championship group, but Pierce was "The Captain."  He understood the Celtics place in the history of the game, and, in turn, his legacy with the team.

He always looked out of control on those many drives with the game on the line but there was no-one you wanted to have the ball more.

One of my all-time favorite Celtics.  While we're rebuilding and away from contending I'd be happy for him if he can get a title with the Nets on his way out.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 am

NYCelt wrote:Pierce showed the class and maturity on his way out that he didn't have when he arrived.  He really grew as a player and as a man during his career with the Celtics.  Garnett was the leader of the championship group, but Pierce was "The Captain."  He understood the Celtics place in the history of the game, and, in turn, his legacy with the team.

He always looked out of control on those many drives with the game on the line but there was no-one you wanted to have the ball more.

One of my all-time favorite Celtics.  While we're rebuilding and away from contending I'd be happy for him if he can get a title with the Nets on his way out.

NYCelt,

I hope he can get another title at the expense of the Heat, limited time offer, next season only.  After Pierce and KG leave the Nets, I hope for a couple things:

1. The Nets stink up the joint and land in the lottery for a couple seasons.  Our 1st round picks from them will be better for it.
2. Pierce signs back with the Celtics and comes off the bench to help us win one as well.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down