Faverani is Ready to 'Work Like An Animal'

Go down

Faverani is Ready to 'Work Like An Animal' Empty Faverani is Ready to 'Work Like An Animal'

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4706377/faverani-ready-to-work-like-an-animal

Faverani ready to work like 'an animal'
August, 13, 2013
AUG 13 4:15 PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

Another Spanish-language interview with Celtics center Vitor Faverani has been posted by hoops blog Fin de Posesion (The Last Possession). While the Google Translation is expectedly a bit rough around the edges, it's a quality read (especially in these quiet summer months) with more insight on a player the Celtics signed to a three-year deal this offseason. A highlight (with some grammatical clean-ups in brackets):

Q: Boston is in full reconstruction after [trading Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett and] you are part of those players called to create the new Celtics. What goals [have] you set yourself personally [for next] season?

Faverani: My goal personally is the same as I [had] in Murcia or Valencia, which is work, work and work. Prove to them that I... want to play and give me minutes to demonstrate what I'm doing there... I wish I could say that I will score 20 points and grab 10 rebounds, but right now it's impossible to know... So the main thing is work hard, work [like] "an animal" to see that I'm eager and able to play there.

Faverani also discusses talking with new coach Brad Stevens via phone and his decision to wear No. 38 (suggesting there's a tattoo involved). There's also a bunch of his basketball journey from Brazil to Spain to Boston and it ends with Faverani offering, "a hug for everyone."

bob
MY NOTE:  He was doing the macho man act really well, right up to the part about "a hug for everyone".  LOL. As far as tattoos go, please don't.  We already have experience with that.  Just stick with 'work like an animal' and I'll be very happy.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down