Rudy Gay Works Out With The Dream

4 posters

Go down

Rudy Gay Works Out With The Dream Empty Rudy Gay Works Out With The Dream

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:01 pm

We know that he's working with D12.  That makes complete sense.  They're both centers, they're both Rockets (or were), but now Hakeem is tutoring wings too.  I guess moves are moves are moves.  Gotta love the transferability of fundamentals from era-to-era, position-to-position.

I wonder why we don't do that more?  Rondo worked with Mark Price on his free throws one summer, but that's the only occurrence I am aware of.

Why not hire Cornbread to tutor Sully on his inside game?  Max was also a somewhat undersized 6'8" PF who lived 6' from the rim and in.
Why not hire Bill Walton to tutor Kelly on playing the high post?  Bill was the greatest high post center of all time.
Why not hire JoJo to tutor Bradley?
Why not hire Moses to tutor Vitor (Holy Cow!  Could you imagine if Faverani, who is supposed to be really strong, learned to pound people into paste like Malone did!?).  Next summer, definitely hire Moses to tutor Colton Iverson.  A couple of rock'em-sock'em robots there.

I know that Brad Stevens sent out that letter inviting ex-Celtics to drop in and visit, and that's great, but why not actually hire them as tutors for specific players like the way LAL hired Kareem to tutor Bynum?  I gave a couple of examples above, just because we have so much multi-generational institutional knowledge with the Celtics franchise and it'd be consistent with Stevens' letter, but they don't have to be ex-Celtics (like Moses).  

Just asking...

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/08/27/video-rudy-gay-working-out-with-hakeem-olajuwon/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rudy Gay Works Out With The Dream Empty Re: Rudy Gay Works Out With The Dream

Post by k_j_88 Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Very good idea.

I think younger players would benefit from learning fundamentals from those that came before them.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Good idea as long as you don't bring in players of the 50s and 60s to teach shooting and ball handling skills.
swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Yeah, leave shooting bums like Sam Jones and ball-handling zeros like Bob Cousy out of the plan.

And, for a final exam, let's submit the young guys to a test of shooting at tight rims directly screwed to the backboard while constantly running 100 miles per hour.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down