Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To

3 posters

Go down

Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To Empty Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh, isn't this just wonderful...

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/09/danny_ainge_hasnt_really_talke.html

Danny Ainge hasn't really talked to new Boston Celtics forward Gerald Wallace: 'He's really the only one'

Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To 13464347-mmmain

Gerald Wallace hasn't communicated much with the Celtics since being traded to the team over the summer. (AP photo)
Print Jay King, MassLive.com By Jay King, MassLive.com
on September 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM

MILTON – How does Gerald Wallace feel about joining the Boston Celtics?

President of basketball operations Danny Ainge doesn’t really know, because the newly-acquired forward hasn’t been very talkative with his new team.

“I’m right there with you (reporters), I’m anxious to meet Gerald,” said Ainge. “I’ve met him before when I was doing television, but I haven’t had much conversation with him. He’s really the only one. He’ll be in town I think next week, so I’ll be watching closely and we’ll sit down.”

Given that Boston begins practices next week, let’s hope Wallace is around by then. Due to make more than $30 million over the next three seasons, the 31-year old missed his introduction press conference in July (the team said he had a prior obligation to run a basketball camp) and hasn’t spoken publicly about being traded from the Brooklyn Nets.

The longer he stays silent, the more it looks like he’s unhappy with moving to a rebuilding team. It’s one thing not to talk to the press, but ducking his own management doesn’t sound good.

Still, Ainge claimed, perception might not be reality. He said his lack of discussion with Wallace isn’t unusual.

“Not in the summertime. It’s a nightmare trying to get ahold of the players in the summer time. I was the same way when I was a player,” said Ainge.

During his next answer, ironically, he said he’s been in “constant contact” with Rajon Rondo. So maybe Wallace’s silence does indicate something more troublesome.

Regardless, the Celtics will try to find a way to revive his career.

“Gerald got a good contract in Charlotte as their best player when they went to the playoffs, that led to a big payday for him,” Ainge said. “He was traded for two first-round picks to Portland, played very well in Portland to the point where New Jersey (now Brooklyn) wanted to give away Damian Lillard in order to get him. And then New Jersey wanted him bad enough to pay him a very lucrative contract.

“It seems that everywhere he’s been, he’s been well-liked and well-compensated. He’s a good player. It wasn’t a great fit for him in (Brooklyn) last year, but we’ll try to see if we can make it a better fit for us.”

At least once the two sides reach speaking terms, that is.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To Empty Re: Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:45 pm

I'll withhold judgment til he actually has the opportunity to meet with the organization on more formal terms.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To Empty Re: Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To

Post by Sam Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Sometimes mathematics can give a clue. Wallace played 31 MPG last season, and Jeff Green played 32. Somehow, those two figures add to much more than 48. And neither Green nor Wallace is likely to play a lot of PF this season because of the logjam at that position.

So something's got to give in the minutes mire, and I'd have to bet on Gerald losing minutes (perhaps significant minutes) to Jeff. Maybe that's been bothering Wallace.

If so, he'd better realize that it's better to confront issues than to SOD (sulk on demand).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Sam,

I do think that some of the logjam at 4 will spill over into 5 at certain points during the season, especially if "x" center doesn't perform well. Wallace may not get exactly what he wants but I could see him getting solid time.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:19 am

Gerald Wallace ONLY Celtic Ainge Has NOT Spoken To Geraldmissing4

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:00 pm

KJ,

Well, I believe it was Danny (or it might have been Brad) who has already said that Olynyk and Sully would be on the floor together.  He also said it doesn't matter much which of them is at which position.  The use of either of those two PFs at center won't necessarily open up time at the 4.  I'm having extreme difficulty seeing how Wallace can average as many as 20 minutes, but it could certainly happen.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down