One-on-One with Phil Pressey

4 posters

Go down

One-on-One with Phil Pressey Empty One-on-One with Phil Pressey

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm

bob
MY NOTE:  A nice interview, but what I really liked was the footage they added of Rondo shooting.  His motion is a lot smoother this year.  He's letting the ball roll off his fingers now, as opposed to cupping the ball in his huge, gecko-like hands, which limits finesse.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

One-on-One with Phil Pressey Empty Re: One-on-One with Phil Pressey

Post by Sam Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Bob,

What I like in this snippet of action is that Rondo seems to have shortened his stroke. Before, it was almost as though he was focusing so hard on a goose neck finish that he exaggerated the elongation of his stroke. The wrist flick at the end of his stroke was just one more motion on top of considerable upward arm motion. There's much less upward movement on his stroke now, which means less chance for tiny deviations in motion to occur—tiny spatial deviations that can expand between the release and the rim to create misses rather than makes. The downside of a shorter stroke is a probable loss of distance (with accuracy), which is often compensated for, over time, by the power of the wrist flick.

I can't really see exactly how the ball's leaving his fingers, but that will be interesting to watch—certainly more interesting than conjecturing about tanking.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Sam I saw some other footage of Rondo shooting jumpers and it does appear that he is shooting more off the tips of his fingers

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi,
Re RR's jumpers. He's working with Ron Adams on that.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:07 pm

That's good news, Dboss and Bob. That'll give the ball the backspin it needs to land softly. It should help immensely in his free throwing.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down