Celtics Rotation Starting to Settle Into Place

2 posters

Go down

Celtics Rotation Starting to Settle Into Place Empty Celtics Rotation Starting to Settle Into Place

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Celtics rotation starting to settle in place
By Jeff Clark  @celticsblog on Nov 5 2013, 7:04a 53

The depth chart seems pretty solid at this point.

The pieces may change at the top of the lineup from time to time, but in general it looks like Stevens has chosen his rotation players.

Jared Sullinger played his best game of the season on Monday, putting up 16 points and five rebounds over 20:42. He even had a 3-point attempt in the final minute with a chance to tie the game. As Sullinger's floor time increases, how will that affect Boston's already crowded bigs rotation? Brandon Bass went cold Monday, but had been excellent at both ends of the floor this season (he's been the defensive anchor that Stevens wanted in the frontcourt). In need of minutes for others such as rookie Kelly Olynyk, Stevens has been forced to glue Kris Humphries to the bench (and even starter Vitor Faverani has struggled to earn late-game playing time). At the guard spots, Crawford and Courtney Lee have been enough of a jolt that MarShon Brooks and Phil Pressey have seen only brief cameos this season.
It looks like Brooks, Pressey, Bogans, and Humphries are mostly out of the rotation.  That gives Stevens 10 guys to rotate - which is pretty standard for a rebuilding club.

Who would you like to see more or less of on the floor?

bob
MY NOTE:  More Pressey.  Let's see what a point guard can do running the team.  Rosalie and I seem to be the the only ones who are down on Crawford, but I'd like to see if Pressey's pass-first talents can offset whatever direct points fewer he might score vs Crawford.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Rotation Starting to Settle Into Place Empty Re: Celtics Rotation Starting to Settle Into Place

Post by k_j_88 Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:57 pm

BobH,

I'd love to see Pressey out there. Crawford, Bradley, and Lee are all better off the ball I think. At 0-4, time for something to light a spark.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down