12/2 - A few Practice Notes and a Great Pic of Sully

Go down

12/2 - A few Practice Notes and a Great Pic of Sully Empty 12/2 - A few Practice Notes and a Great Pic of Sully

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:11 pm

A Few Practice Notes Including Some Rondo News and an Awesome Sully Photo

gary washburn @GwashNBAGlobe
Follow
A league source says when Rajon Rondo returns to practice is his decision.  sounds like he's been cleared #celtics
9:46 AM - 2 Dec 2013

From the sounds of Gary Washburn's tweet, it seems as though Rajon Rondo has been cleared to return to practice when he feels ready. Rondo did not travel to Milwaukee for the Bucks game on Saturday and I wondered if possibly he had gone for that checkup with his surgeon that he said that was due. Given the news, it seems that this was exactly the case.

Rondo was on the practice floor today, wearing a brace, but Brad Stevens said Rondo participated a bit in practice, but that he did no more than he's done the past two weeks. This could mean that he's not ready to go further yet, or it could mean that he's already been doing more than he's been cleared for. My guess is the latter as it says he has been cleared to practice and he's already been doing that pretty much. As much as I'd love to see what Rondo can do with this group, I hope he takes Tony Allen's advice and makes sure that he completes his whole rehab and waits until he's 100% ready.

As practice closed, Rondo's voice was one of the loudest heard on the floor.

In other news, Courtney Lee was able to practice today after missing the last two games with a sore knee. He said that there was a little soreness afterwards but it feels much better. He is planning to play on Tuesday night if the coach puts him in.

Kelly Olynyk is still out with what Brad Stevens called "a significant sprain." There's still no word as to when Kelly will return to practice.

Jared Sullinger is not only a force on the court but is becoming pretty good in interviews as well. A few quotes from Sully:
"y'all can kiss our butts about that tanking stuff."

When asked about Pierce's injury: "I thought this was Celtics talk." And when told that they play the Nets next week: "We play Milwaukee Tuesday."

When asked about his physical style (he's had a couple of flagrant fouls called on him already): "I'm just playing basketball. I can't help it that I'm so big and guys bounce off of me the way they do."

Talking about their losses to Milwaukee: "They break our rhythm very well. They run. They've got gazelles out there." But he also added that Tuesday's game vs the Bucks is a "must win."

I love that first quote. No one can replace Perk in my affections, but I tell you, Sully is coming very close. I love the kid. Sully didn't want to talk about Paul Pierce, but Courtney Lee took the practical approach to his injury, saying, "If he's not playing, that gives us a better chance of winning."

MarShon Brooks was quoted as saying that he isn't asking for a trade and that he trusts Coach Stevens, who told him that he will get his opportunities. He added: "I'm extremely confident. I believe in myself. I'm just trying to play team ball and pick my spots."

I leave you with a great photo tweeted by @si_vault of a very young Sully playing Playstation with Trey Burke. What a great photo!!

12/2 - A few Practice Notes and a Great Pic of Sully 1+Sully+playstation

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down