DONNY MARSHALL ON M&M: CELTICS TALKING TO KINGS ABOUT TRADING RAJON RONDO FOR ISAIAH THOMAS, OTHERS

5 posters

Go down

DONNY MARSHALL ON M&M: CELTICS TALKING TO KINGS ABOUT TRADING RAJON RONDO FOR ISAIAH THOMAS, OTHERS Empty DONNY MARSHALL ON M&M: CELTICS TALKING TO KINGS ABOUT TRADING RAJON RONDO FOR ISAIAH THOMAS, OTHERS

Post by 112288 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:05 pm

WEEI

By Jerry Spar 

Donny Marshall says a potential deal with the Kings might land the Celtics 5-foot-9 point guard Isaiah Thomas. (AP)

Donny Marshall, the former CSNNE Celtics analyst who now works for NBC Sports and the YES Network, joined Mut & Merloni on Wednesday to talk about the trade rumors surrounding Rajon Rondo.

Marshall turned heads earlier this week when he said Sacramento is a possible landing spot for Rondo, who has yet to play this season as he works his way back from a torn ACL suffered in January. According to Marshall, there is a multi-player deal in the works between the Celtics and Kings.

“This is actually something that the teams are talking about,” Marshall insisted. “The name that people would understand and would know is a guy like Isaiah Thomas. He’s a great little guard. He’s having career highs right now, he’s averaging about 18, 19 points a game. He’s a scorer. He’s a guy who can run the point for you, but he can also score. He’s one piece.

“I think the other piece, you throw in some other athletes — remember, they just made a trade, Sacramento, to get Rudy Gay, Aaron Gray. And they’ve had some other guys there that they’re trying to move. The key for them is two future first-round picks. If you’re to stay on that same theme that the Celtics have been on, to get young and to be good for a long time, how do you do that? You get them through the draft. … I think here’s another opportunity to not only get a couple of good players now, young players, but you get two future first-round picks. To me, it makes total sense.”

Added Marshall: “Guys are always going to be talked about. In Rondo’s situation … it makes sense. Do you want to be mediocre? Do you want to finish sixth this year? Not that anyone is going to try to tank — this team is playing terrific. … I’m happy that they’re playing the way they’re playing. But for the fans and for that market, to be mediocre is not fun. … That, I don’t think the Celtics deserve. The fans don’t deserve that, the players don’t deserve that. The way you get past that sooner than later is trying to move a guy like Rajon Rondo. And that’s not to be disrespectful to a player like Rondo.”

The Celtics also reportedly are pushing to acquire disgruntled Rockets center Omer Asik.

“You talk about Omer Asik, they want to now try to find a package to get him out of Houston. Brandon Bass is a name that they’re throwing in there. I don’t think Jeff Green will be a guy that you would want to [trade]; I think he’s untouchable, in my opinion. I think that’s one guy you can try to continue to build around, but there are some other pieces that will go.

“A complete dismantling? No. But I think Danny [Ainge] will do what he’s always done. He will think these things through. He will talk to all of his guys around him. The one thing that’s great about Danny is he always has people around him that are smarter than him. I love that theory. Because now you go to them and you trust them, and those people are doing their due diligence to make sure the team is going in the right direction.

“I don’t think they’ll dismantle, but I do think Danny will take some pieces that he can build around and and not completely be in the basement, but put himself in a position to be able to get — I think they can get some of those lottery picks. I really think they can get some of those game-changers in the next two drafts.”

Back to top Go down

DONNY MARSHALL ON M&M: CELTICS TALKING TO KINGS ABOUT TRADING RAJON RONDO FOR ISAIAH THOMAS, OTHERS Empty Re: DONNY MARSHALL ON M&M: CELTICS TALKING TO KINGS ABOUT TRADING RAJON RONDO FOR ISAIAH THOMAS, OTHERS

Post by 112288 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:08 pm

I THINK THIS IS PIE IN THE SKY

MARSHALL'S CRAZY!

Back to top Go down

DONNY MARSHALL ON M&M: CELTICS TALKING TO KINGS ABOUT TRADING RAJON RONDO FOR ISAIAH THOMAS, OTHERS Empty Re: DONNY MARSHALL ON M&M: CELTICS TALKING TO KINGS ABOUT TRADING RAJON RONDO FOR ISAIAH THOMAS, OTHERS

Post by dboss Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:20 am

I did a little reseach about Donny's so-called source.

Apparently Bill Simmons posted in his blog a senario where Rondo would be traded to the kings.  And then that was picked up by another website blog and so on and so forth and before you know it the dummy Marshall went on TV and stated that the trade was definitely going to happen.

Marshall is a moron and Bill Simmons is proving to be one too.  Simmons was the one who suggested that a Green for Asik trade would be good and before you know if everyone is talking about that as though it was on the table.  I think we saw Simmos on a few NBA broadcasts and he got into an argument on the air with someone and now he is back to blogging on his computer.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:36 am

dBoss

Good detective work!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:15 am

Donny is an idiot with no real insight and no inside sources. Disregard whatever he says.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:41 am

I'd wretch if the name Isaiah Thomas were ever associated with the Celtics.  And this one is nearly a foot and a half too short.  Why oh why would Danny even remotely think about trading Rondo for someone who's too short even to qualify for small ball?  Donny Marshall has tried to parlay his UConn background into some media respect, and all he has done is to ensure that the college name applies to himself: You con!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Donny Marshall needs to quit television and never return.

Sacramento doesn't even remotely have a player Boston would want. Didn't Donny get Ainge's memo that unless a prospective trade partner is willing to give up an elite player in return the trade would never happen?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Maybe Donny is trying to muddy up the waters fro the Celtics since moving to Brooklyn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down