Horford Out With Shoulder Injury

+2
beat
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Horford Out With Shoulder Injury Empty Horford Out With Shoulder Injury

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Al Horford left the game in the 1st OT vs Cleveland last night with an apparent shoulder injury.

He was out much of last season with a torn pectoral muscle.

No update on his condition yet, although it is reasonable to assume he has had tests.  This silence does not suggest good things to me, if I was an Atlanta Hawks fan.

BUT I'M NOT!  

While I would never wish injury on a player (or anybody else for that matter) as long as he is injured, then I can say that helps the Celtics by weakening the likely owner of the Celtics' other 1st round pick this year.

If the draft were to be held today, we would pick #15 (we're in #8 spot in the East, the absolute worst case scenario) so we're not lottery-eligible and Atlanta would be picking #20.  If Horford is out for a while and Atlanta goes on a losing streak, their pick would improve.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Horford Out With Shoulder Injury Empty Re: Horford Out With Shoulder Injury

Post by beat Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Out for the season.

I'll get the link !

beat

Was on twitter but does not look good for him...
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12/27/5249216/al-horford-right-pectoral-musicle-tear-injury-atlanta-hawks
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Just published on USA Today:

Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford has a full tear of the right pectoral muscle in his chest, the team announced Friday.

Horford was injured during the Hawks' Thursday night win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. He left the game late in the first of two overtime periods.

"We will work with Al and complete our due diligence to determine the next best steps for him," Hawks President Danny Ferry said in a news release. "Injuries are part of the challenge of an NBA season."

bob
MY NOTE: In 2012-2013 season, he had a pectoral muscle tear and only played 11 games. This is a full tear, which tells me it is at least as bad as the first one. He's done for the year, I think.

Time to trade him Atlanta! How about Hump?! $12M for $12M, straight up! Heheheh. I know, I shouldn't gloat over someone else's pain, but nobody's boohooing for us because Rondo's out. Besides, I want their pick to drop to the lottery.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:21 pm

bobheckler wrote:Just published on USA Today:

Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford has a full tear of the right pectoral muscle in his chest, the team announced Friday.

Horford was injured during the Hawks' Thursday night win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. He left the game late in the first of two overtime periods.

"We will work with Al and complete our due diligence to determine the next best steps for him," Hawks President Danny Ferry said in a news release. "Injuries are part of the challenge of an NBA season."

bob
MY NOTE:  In 2012-2013 season, he had a pectoral muscle tear and only played 11 games.  This is a full tear, which tells me it is at least as bad as the first one.  He's done for the year, I think.

Time to trade him Atlanta!  How about Hump?!  $12M for $12M, straight up!  Heheheh.  I know, I shouldn't gloat over someone else's pain, but nobody's boohooing for us because Rondo's out.  Besides, I want their pick to drop to the lottery.

I don't see their fortunes improving with this

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:20 am

Hi,
Cleveland seems like a city of doom. First, pats won by a whisker but lost Gronk, now Hawks won by a bouncing on a rim ball but lost Horford.
Thankfully, they're playing in Boston today.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Sinus, I don't know. The really bad injury things seem to happen to Cavs opponents. I hope that doesn't occur today.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:17 pm

So many guys out for extended times, even though I am not a Hawk fan, losing Horford is a tough one for them. Seems more teams going down the tubes as Celtics struggle to get to .500!  What does all this mean?  Are the rich going to end up getting richer at draft time? And where do we stand in this mess?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Rosalie,

I think we stand in a state of flux.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Sam... I figured I would see a good game Tuesday!  Bill had gotten a couple of sets of tickets at the beginning of the year, as it turned out , one set was for New Years Eve.  He never read the tickets when they were given to him, and when I was so receptive to going he wondered why.  I told him that I knew it was an afternoon game, as they have always played in the afternoon on New Year's Eve!  

Anyway, looks like it won't quite be the game I anticipated, but, so what!

If I don't catch up with you have a Healthy, Happy New Year to you and your family, and everyone here on line.  I wish the best for everyone.

Talk to you on Thursday.  It has been a busy time.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:48 am

I was watching the game and it was a strange injury. He just raised his arm and it happened.

Hate to see any player get hurt.

Having said that, I would expect to see the Hawks slide a bit and if they slide a lot, a lottery pick is coming our way.

I have been rooting for the Nets and Hawks to lose every game.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down