+3
gyso
pete
MikeD10299
7 posters

Go down

A breath of fresh air Empty A breath of fresh air

Post by MikeD10299 Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:57 am

I want to start off by saying how fortunate I feel to have found this site. I followed Sam (previously Slippery Sam) on the globe website as I'm sure most of you have. The site became so annoying because of all the in fighting and personal attacks that I had to step away for a period of time. I do go online from time to time because of my love of the celtics. It was there that someone posted this site and I'm thankful for that. You won't find me winning any awards for the amount of post but you will find me a good listener and eager to keep abreast of what is happening to my beloved Celtics and the exciting times ahead as they rebuild another dynasty. Just wanted to introduce myself and give thanks to Sam, I only wish I knew about this site sooner.

MikeD10299
MikeD10299
MikeD10299

Back to top Go down

A breath of fresh air Empty Re: A breath of fresh air

Post by pete Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:17 am

Welcome Mike! How did u find us?

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:24 am

MikeD,

First of all, welcome to the board.  You will see that we don't always agree, but at least we do not get into the personal attacks and troll-like behavior that goes on over at the globe site.  I always believed that the moderators allowed it there because it created more posts, which translated to more money for the globe.

Well enough about that.  Enjoy the board and don't forget to take a look at the Game On! threads and other areas on this site.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:32 am

pete wrote:Welcome Mike! How did u find us?

Pete

Hey Pete, how are you doing? Florida is sounding great right about now.

Up here in Maine, we have -2 degrees F right now (-22 the other night) and were lucky enough to have missed out on the latest snow storm that went out south of us. We were also lucky to have been out of the zone where the worst of the ice buildup took out the power for a lot of folks.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:35 am

gyso,

All is well here, but its cold, 57. I know, I have become a wimp compared to what you guys are getting.

Hope your family is well, perhaps Brandon, Fl will be calling your name again.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:38 am

Mike,

I should have read your post more thoroughly, the answer was there. Think I am somewhat brain dead after the holidays.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:42 pm

MikeD10299 wrote:I want to start off by saying how fortunate I feel to have found this site. I followed Sam (previously Slippery Sam) on the globe website as I'm sure most of you have. The site became so annoying because of all the in fighting and personal attacks that I had to step away for a period of time. I do go online from time to time because of my love of the celtics. It was there that someone posted this site and I'm thankful for that. You won't find me winning any awards for the amount of post but you will find me a good listener and eager to keep abreast of what is happening to my beloved Celtics and the exciting times ahead as they rebuild another dynasty. Just wanted to introduce myself and give thanks to Sam, I only wish I knew about this site sooner.

MikeD10299

Mike,

Welcome to the Board.  I can't add anything of value that hasn't already been said, but I still wanted to lay out the welcome mat for you.

Some of us initiate threads or post long responses (like me) but others just offer shorter, pithier responses or start a thread with a link they found somewhere else.  Even quoting someone else's post and adding a "Ditto" shows support for a person's effort and that makes for a more active board.

Regardless, welcome.

bob
P.S.  I live in Silicon Valley, California.  We have board members who live in Europe (a couple, in fact) and one that lives in Puerto Rico (my apologies to anybody I missed). We even have a Laker fan and a GSW fan, united in our love of hoops.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for finding us and joining the fun.  (Not quite as much fun as in winning years, but a great opportunity to experience and gain knowledge about rebuilding a team.)

Regardless of how often you see fit to post, I'm particularly intrigued with you dry wit, as dry humor is my favorite type.

By the way, my wife and live on Cape Cod, so we really do span the country.  In addition to the places Bob mentioned, we also have members from the Philippines and Japan, although they're not active at the present time.  (Some people take time off for various reasons and come back.)

So far, we've had board get-togethers in Boston (three or four), San Francisco (two), Florida (one), and New York City (one).  We've had varying attendance, but we usually try to time them so we can watch a Celtics game together, either in-person or via television together.

I don't know where you live, but you might be interested in a board event in Boston on Saturday, March 1st.  We'll be having early dinner together and then attending a Celtics-Pacers game at TD Garden in the evening.  You can find details in the thread entitled "UPDATE-SAM'S CELTICS FORUM—ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING—CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS."  We're getting tickets together through the Celtics @ $45 per ticket.  That's the regular price, as we don't make any money on the ticket sales; in fact, those wishing to attend will phone a Celtics representative to make the purchase themselves based on contact information we provide.  We don't yet know where we'll eat, but we do know that attendees will pay only the menu price for their meals/beverages.  We usually pick very affordable eating places.  There's still time to call the Celtics per our instructions, and there are still available tickets.  (Heck, if the Celtics keep losing, you might find that the Celtics would actually pay you to attend.)

Anyway, I've discarded the "Slippery" part of my board name as my legacy to the Boston.com board.  I'm still in touch with them and often send holiday greetings (which I did a couple of weeks ago—often to a mixed response and sometimes even inciting some arguments among people who will argue about anything).

This is probably more than you every wanted to know, but you should know how delighted we are to have you join us.  If I can answer any questions, feel free to email me at SlipSamCelt@aol.com or send me a private message on this forum.

Best regards, and go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Welcome, Mike! This is the place to be for Celtics' fans. Hawk (Another refugee from BDC, cooling his heels and the rest of him tonight in upstate NY)

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Mike,
Welcome to the Board. Enjoy a lot of insightful opinions, posts full of knowledge and a lot of poster who consider 18 a prime number.
Sorry, I didn't noticed you at BDC. I go there quite often and, if I see someone like you give him/her link to here.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Sinus, I didn't realize you were doing that. Thanks a lot.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A breath of fresh air Empty What a wise decision.

Post by MikeD10299 Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:23 am

Kudos to everyone who made me feel so welcome. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and ideas with all of you. I have been in Vegas for twenty plus years now and the only thing this place has over Boston is the weather and the cost of living. Wish I could bring the weather with me back home to Boston. How I wish I could attend the next get together at the Indiana game, I can't imagine how much fun that would be. I'm sure it's a first class event if Sam has his way with things. Lift a drink for me and go Celts, thanks again for the warm welcome.
MikeD10299
MikeD10299

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down