Ainge: Celtics Will Appeal Sully Flagrant

2 posters

Go down

Ainge:  Celtics Will Appeal Sully Flagrant Empty Ainge: Celtics Will Appeal Sully Flagrant

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:50 pm

DENVER — Reached this morning, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said the team will appeal to the league for a reversal on the second of two Flagrant 1 fouls called on Jared Sullinger last night during the Celts' 129-98 loss to the Nuggets.

Sullinger, who is just one Flagrant 1 foul away from a game suspension, after the two called against him last night in a 23-second span in the third quarter, was called for the first Flagrant 1 when he knocked J.J. Hickson to the floor on a drive to the basket. The second was called when Kenneth Faried absorbed a Sullinger elbow to the chin as the Celts big man attempted a turnaround jumper.

Ainge said this morning that the team was appealing the first foul.

"By the definition of the rule, the second foul was borderline, so we're not going to pursue (an appeal of) that one," Ainge said.

When asked if he was starting to worry if Sullinger was starting to get a reputation that will continue to work against him in the eyes of referees, Ainge said: "No, I can see why he got both calls last night, but I'm a little surprised after review of the first one that they upheld it because I saw that differently."

Players receive one point for each Flagrant 1 foul called against them during the season, and two points for every Flagrant 2 foul called. Players are punished with a one-game suspension after reaching six points in a season, and two-game suspensions for every point accrued against them on flagrant fouls whistled against them after that initial suspension. With his two fouls last night, Sullinger now has five points.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Ainge:  Celtics Will Appeal Sully Flagrant Empty Re: Ainge: Celtics Will Appeal Sully Flagrant

Post by Sam Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:16 pm

I'm glad Ainge picked the first one. The first paragraph erroneously says he picked the second.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down